Obesity a driving factor in COVID-19 deaths, global report finds

webfact

7 minutes ago, ShindenGo said:

Donald Trumps policies of gutting Michelle Obama’s healthy lunch initiatives no doubt made the obesity epidemic in the US far worse that it should have. His policies have severely impacted the LGBTQ+ communities as well. I’m glad he’s out of office. But the fact remains. The blood of over 500,000 dead American citizens are on his hands. 

And his hands keep on getting redder. Instead of publcizing it, he actually concealed the fact the he and Melania were vaccinated in early January. The news only came out after he left office. It's no wonder that Republican men are the most resistant to getting vaccinated. 

• Like 2

I'm currently stuck in Blackpool UK.

One thing I will say about this place is that the sheer amount of mobility scooters for the obese is ridiculous. They literally flow over their carts. These people can all walk, they park their fat-mobiles outside the shops and then waddle around. Maybe our NHS and government  should stop handing out support to these people to get the lardies on their feet. Or maybe bread, sweets and sausage rolls should be banned for them

13 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

One thing I will say about this place is that the sheer amount of mobility scooters for the obese is ridiculous. They literally flow over their carts. These people can all walk, they park their fat-mobiles outside the shops and then waddle around. Maybe our NHS and government  should stop handing out support to these people to get the lardies on their feet. Or maybe bread, sweets and sausage rolls should be banned for them

LOL!  Thanks for bringing this thread back on-topic, and doing it in such a amusing and well written way.  I love your term "fat mobiles" ????

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

Careful! The woke-police will be after you ????

• Like 1

On 3/15/2021 at 1:49 PM, placeholder said:
  On 3/15/2021 at 10:28 AM, WaveHunter said:

Just look at the raw statistics instead of the biased interpretations of those statistics being spewed by many politicians and media talking heads who rely on emotional hysteria rather than science to make their case. 

On 3/15/2021 at 1:49 PM, placeholder said:

Nonsense. There was an excellent natural experiment offered in the state of Kansas where the governor imposed a mask mandate but allowed individual counties to opt out. The upshot? Covid cases declined in counties where mask wearing was mandatory and increased where it was not.

Trends in County-Level COVID-19 Incidence in Counties With and Without a Mask Mandate — Kansas, June 1–August 23, 2020

The governor of Kansas issued an executive order requiring wearing masks in public spaces, effective July 3, 2020, which was subject to county authority to opt out. After July 3, COVID-19 incidence decreased in 24 counties with mask mandates but continued to increase in 81 counties without mask mandates.

https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/69/wr/mm6947e2.htm

You appear to be wasting your time arguing valid points with someone who has an alternative view and who won't listen, mainly because their mind is made up, as has been seen here on many posts.

I go along with you on the mask wearing as just one measure which should be followed, along with social distancing and of course the vaccine when it's available to all.

Lockdowns are hard to follow, but no-one has come up with an alternative as yet, and in NZ lockdowns are working well.

That people were decrying the use of masks and blatantly politicising wearing of the same, was abject stupidity, and we all know who championed that. 

It has been said for quite some time that obesity would be a factor in the mortality rate, and it appears that was spot on.

1 minute ago, xylophone said:

Lockdowns are hard to follow, but no-one has come up with an alternative as yet, and in NZ lockdowns are working well.

As did Australia's and Taiwan's.....but the 'trick' seems to be...... go early, go hard, reward people who quarantine, mask up 100%, track and trace......once the virus is out there you are dead in the water....!!!

• Like 1