Degree courses for foreigners in Chiang Mai

JeffersLos

I'm ( English speaking Westerner) interested in doing a degree course while living in Chiang Mai. (not for the visa ????

Is there a list of courses offered by universities or colleges here? I believe the school year begins around May here, so I'm interesting in seeing what is on offer.

Any info appreciated.

TIA. 

I would recommend Chiang Mai University as they have some good International Courses. Just google them and you will find their listing. I believe they have around 10 undergraduate degrees you can work for. But don't wait until the last minute, as you have to submit paperwork and etc. a couple of months before class starts. I almost didn't get in, as some of the courses only allow 10 foreign students. I am working on a Bachelor Degree in Science (Nursing). I'll be finishing my first year at the end of March. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, NancyL said:

you should know how to use Google.

Using a forum is better.

You say you don't know and then others run around, do the leg work for you, and post the answers while you relax. ???? 

Edited by JeffersLos
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, AlfHuy said:

I'm actually doing a PhD in "women's behaviour".

Everyday hands on as I am now on my last 7 year practical before moving on to the next degree.

I have been the same in Pattaya....hope to get multiple Phd's eventually...cant get past practicum....classes are amazing though...

• Haha 1

On 3/6/2021 at 11:58 AM, Crazy Noobie said:

I would recommend Chiang Mai University as they have some good International Courses. Just google them and you will find their listing. I believe they have around 10 undergraduate degrees you can work for. But don't wait until the last minute, as you have to submit paperwork and etc. a couple of months before class starts. I almost didn't get in, as some of the courses only allow 10 foreign students. I am working on a Bachelor Degree in Science (Nursing). I'll be finishing my first year at the end of March. 

How many courses are in English? Are the teachers native English speakers?

21 hours ago, EricTh said:

How many courses are in English? Are the teachers native English speakers?

All of the International courses are in English. Your teachers are Thai and they speak English. Of course some are better then others. All students must know English to be able to attend any of the International classes.

43 minutes ago, Crazy Noobie said:

All of the International courses are in English. Your teachers are Thai and they speak English. Of course some are better then others. All students must know English to be able to attend any of the International classes.

The ranking of Thai universities is very low in world rankings. So I don't know whether it's a waste of money studying here. You won't be able to get a job in Thailand or rest of the world easily.

15 hours ago, EricTh said:

The ranking of Thai universities is very low in world rankings. So I don't know whether it's a waste of money studying here. You won't be able to get a job in Thailand or rest of the world easily.

If you obtain a 4-year degree you can teach at any of the International schools and they do pay a decent monthly wage. As for myself I working on a Bachelor degree in Science (Nursing), which once I return to the USA can be credited as if I attending school in the USA. I have several friends that have already did it this way and they are now RN's and making some very good money. The reason they came here, is because it is a fraction of the cost compared to attending a University in the USA.

• Like 2