Thai PM, cabinet cancel Friday's scheduled AstraZeneca vaccinations

webfact

13 hours ago, irishman25 said:

at this rate Thailand will never recover. The blood clot issue has already  been investigate in England and America only 13 people who got vaccinated out of 100k  had this issue they also had other health problems there is no reason to stop people from been vaccinated.  

I don't believe the AZ vaccine is approved in the US yet, earliest April is what I think I saw on TV, so not sure I understand your reference to America

When are Thais going to start doing their own things instead of copying on the farangs? Farangs are dirty, remember? How can we forget! But they are not dirty when they spend their money in the Kingdom of Thailand!

40 minutes ago, GinBoy2 said:

I don't believe the AZ vaccine is approved in the US yet, earliest April is what I think I saw on TV, so not sure I understand your reference to America

Here a link to an article published 2 weeks ago, and providing the status of the different covid-19 vaccines in different countries, but it does not mention AZ vaccine status in USA.

> https://www.livescience.com/coronavirus-vaccines-authorized-for-use.html

Per vaccine it is indicated where and when it did receive 'approval for emergency use' and where full-approval is already granted.

Note: I am troubled to read that - according to the article - Canada seems to have already provided FULL approval for the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines???

10 hours ago, polpott said:

Spoken like a true anti vaxxer. Personally, I think anti vaxxers spoutin BS should be prosecuted by law. Certainly not given a voice on this forum. Dangerous misinformation.

That argument can cut either way. Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Moo 2 said:

When are Thais going to start doing their own things instead of copying on the farangs? Farangs are dirty, remember? How can we forget! But they are not dirty when they spend their money in the Kingdom of Thailand!

Thais have made handsome progress in lots and lots of fields by slavishly copying farangs (and often even fouling that up). Why would they stop now? Look at most of them for goodness' sake. Your question pretty much answers itself.

18 hours ago, pacman32 said:

There have been many adverse reactions to the astra zeneca vaccine here in the UK. I wouldn't touch it with a bargepole. Although they are using various dodgy ways to make it mandatory without saying its mandatory ????

There have not been many adverse reactions at all, there has been normal side effects in some that all vaccines have a tendency to have, a sore arm is a side effect but just list it as a side effect and all of a sudden 2m people had severe side effects ! Most had none at all. No-one is dropping dead from it, the Hospitals aren't full of DVT patients, peoples faces aren't falling off, overwhelming majority do not even have mild side effects. Sorry if this doesn't fit in with your fears.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, stuandjulie said:

There have not been many adverse reactions at all, there has been normal side effects in some that all vaccines have a tendency to have, a sore arm is a side effect but just list it as a side effect and all of a sudden 2m people had severe side effects ! Most had none at all. No-one is dropping dead from it, the Hospitals aren't full of DVT patients, peoples faces aren't falling off, overwhelming majority do not even have mild side effects. Sorry if this doesn't fit in with your fears.

Wow, nice example of 'projection' when talking about fears. 

2 hours ago, Taswegian23 said:

That argument can cut either way. Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

But when those ‘opinions’ cannot be backed up with demonstrable evidence, they cease to be opinions and become unsubstantiated misinformation. 

4 hours ago, DJBenz said:

But when those ‘opinions’ cannot be backed up with demonstrable evidence, they cease to be opinions and become unsubstantiated misinformation. 

Not really. Not to disagree with you (again), but 'demonstrable evidence' is the same as any other evidence; it's what you are prepared to accept as supporting your viewpoint. Your opinion and his are likely to be as unreconcilable  as they would be if you inhabited 2 different universes. You will not persuade him to your viewpoint and he will not persuade you to his.

On this basis, the exercise of attempted persuasion is moot for both of you. Best to shake hands and accept that ultimately, you will not choose to agree.

Same same the debacle we have all been able to witness in the USA of late. Where it seems to me that one side seeks reality and the other side just wants to get more money.

21 hours ago, pacman32 said:

There have been many adverse reactions to the astra zeneca vaccine here in the UK. I wouldn't touch it with a bargepole. Although they are using various dodgy ways to make it mandatory without saying its mandatory ????

Please provide some valid links to this information, sorry but your word alone is insufficient.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Taswegian23 said:

Not really. Not to disagree with you (again), but 'demonstrable evidence' is the same as any other evidence; it's what you are prepared to accept as supporting your viewpoint. Your opinion and his are likely to be as unreconcilable  as they would be if you inhabited 2 different universes. You will not persuade him to your viewpoint and he will not persuade you to his.

On this basis, the exercise of attempted persuasion is moot for both of you. Best to shake hands and accept that ultimately, you will not choose to agree.

Same same the debacle we have all been able to witness in the USA of late. Where it seems to me that one side seeks reality and the other side just wants to get more money.

Demonstrable evidence would be the peer reviewed science, rather than the conspiratorial YouTube videos that most anti-vaxxers seem to rely on. You only need to look at the number of assertions on this forum that ‘AZ causes blood clots’ despite the fact the very sources they cite (when they do) invariably state that there is no evidence to a link. Those who align themselves to ‘critical thinking’ are, it seems, alien to the concept of reading beyond the headlines. 

As professor Brian Cox said:

The problem with today’s world is that everyone believes they have the right to express their opinion AND have others listen to it. 

The correct statement of individual rights is that everyone has the right to an opinion, but crucially, that opinion can be roundly ignored and even made fun of, particularly if it is demonstrably nonsense.

14 hours ago, DJBenz said:

Demonstrable evidence would be the peer reviewed science, rather than the conspiratorial YouTube videos that most anti-vaxxers seem to rely on. You only need to look at the number of assertions on this forum that ‘AZ causes blood clots’ despite the fact the very sources they cite (when they do) invariably state that there is no evidence to a link. Those who align themselves to ‘critical thinking’ are, it seems, alien to the concept of reading beyond the headlines. 

As professor Brian Cox said:

The problem with today’s world is that everyone believes they have the right to express their opinion AND have others listen to it. 

The correct statement of individual rights is that everyone has the right to an opinion, but crucially, that opinion can be roundly ignored and even made fun of, particularly if it is demonstrably nonsense.

Well, I've given you my opinion, I don't propose to further explain it, is is what It is, I just don't have a dog in this race. As to which standpoint is correct; the pro-vaxxer argument or the anti-vaxxer, I just don't know. Personally, I am fully vaccinated but I understand there are many who are not, and it seems to be their choice. Not my business. Like I said, whilst I certainly have an opinion, I don't have a dog in this race.

Have a good day.

Edited by Taswegian23

On 3/12/2021 at 5:10 PM, pacman32 said:

The most common reaction is a sore arm or headache which is gone in 24 hours.

Serious reactions have been all but non existent so your claim and fear is baseless.

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/13/2021 at 12:02 PM, stuandjulie said:

Completely incorrect, most people report getting very ill for 2-3 days. And then there is the blood clot issue, of which I personally know of somebody who has died @only 32.

If you want your vaccine please go ahead but don't comment rubbish. 

On 3/14/2021 at 12:47 PM, joecoolfrog said:

The most common reaction is a sore arm or headache which is gone in 24 hours.

Serious reactions have been all but non existent so your claim and fear is baseless.

You live and learn, hopefully you will ????

• Like 1

2 hours ago, pacman32 said:

Completely incorrect, most people report getting very ill for 2-3 days. And then there is the blood clot issue, of which I personally know of somebody who has died @only 32.

If you want your vaccine please go ahead but don't comment rubbish. 

It is you quoting rubbish, 25 million in the UK of which 15 million have had had AZ, most people don't report getting very ill, in fact the majority don't even get a sore arm !There have been 4 deaths from sudden clotting which is actually slightly below average.