7 eleven general rant

Kenny202

1 hour ago, DaLa said:

And still better than in the west where finding a shop assistant is akin to winning the lottery. Finding a shop assistant that knows the answer to your questions is akin to winning the lottery whilst being struck by lightening.

Have you tried HomePro lately?

9 minutes ago, PatOngo said:
10 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

Interesting. With that sort of mileage, one would expect to be well over the (cultural) hump. What happened after 25 years?

I started taking notice.

Ah, so you changed.

1 hour ago, NanLaew said:

Not my favorite, several times over the years I've indicated that I like a product and asked 'what colours do you have', with instant response 'see deow, see deow' (essentially 'this colour only').

But at the same time I or my family have noticed there's more colours on the shelves'.

A different example, in a hyper mart, son is looking for a bigger LG clothes washer and noticed the exact sized LG he wants, but asks 'what big washers do you have can take X kg of dry clothes?'

Instant response is a different brand and 'this one only machine can take X kg, when do you want it delivered'.

Bottom line, the machine recommended is the one the salesman get's the best commission on. 

6 hours ago, scorecard said:

But having an answer doesn't mean the shop assistant understands the answer. 

Do you expect them to know them all?

It makes me laugh when I see people in large DIY stores asking the young staff if this paint is good for this or that(it should say it on the tin), or will this piece of wood be good for this or that, or if this colour paint looks good with x, or will this ladder allow me to clean my upstairs windows, etc....

They can probably read as well as you.....

• Sad 1

7 hours ago, NanLaew said:

I hate Homepro with a vengeance.  100 staff walking round doing nothing except getting in your way, and one harrassed girl on the till with a queue in front of her.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, NanLaew said:

I guess I got a bit spoiled over the cooler months with grandma's allotment just across the street being the source of an endless supply of succulent, green, leaf (non-trashy) lettuce and other veggies. Sadly, the 'farm' is all a bit sunburnt and crispy already.

BTW. you're talking about a toasted bacon tomato sandwich, not a bloody BLT.

I like a light toast on the bread to hold it and a little crunch as I dont really bother with the lettuce anymore...its the least important of the 3 and isnt worth it IMO

On 3/14/2021 at 4:48 AM, NanLaew said:

I can never understand why there are 100 customers always in there ( usually fairly young as well ) all dressed alike.

I had a construction business back in the UK and about 30 years ago all suppliers stopped giving any form of advice.  So the false sense of security that store staff provide doesn't apply in my case. Good luck to anyone asking a 10 year old for advice on anything vaguely techy about property matters.

On 3/14/2021 at 4:53 PM, Pmbkk said:

Do you expect them to know them all?

It makes me laugh when I see people in large DIY stores asking the young staff if this paint is good for this or that(it should say it on the tin), or will this piece of wood be good for this or that, or if this colour paint looks good with x, or will this ladder allow me to clean my upstairs windows, etc....

They can probably read as well as you.....

I don't care if they don't know anything but if that's the case, stop hovering 2 feet away from me when I'm browsing, acting as if you actually could help me.

Edited by Mark1066

On 3/13/2021 at 3:42 AM, sirineou said:

Many of the things that we like about Thailand are made possible by many of the things that we  don't like

Could not have been expressed better.

So many on this forum whine about their "Nanny States" back home yet whine about the lack of "standards" here.

Edited by dddave
  • Like 1

How do you know they are losing money? And if you have been here for a while you would certainly know the Thai tolerance for anyrhing is near endless. Sabaii sabaii. Mai kit mak. ????

On 3/12/2021 at 10:04 PM, Kenny202 said:

I understand all that, have lived here for some years now...but I can't see those sort of sentiments being accepted in CP boardrooms. They are an exceptionally professional organization. I can't see them tolerating food stalls clogging up their car parks for the good of the community. Like most things here probably no logical answer.

Cp sell the franchise and happy to sell 7-11 franchises to a direct competitor in close proximity once a certain store is doing a certain amount of trade. That is the exact reason why there are so many 7-11.   Do you honestly think anyone in upper management at CP gives a rats about what happens at your local 7? Or it effects their bottom line..? Especially when you state both are busy? So who do you think the problem is with? Give you a hint...not 7

Edited by starky

On 3/12/2021 at 6:49 AM, champers said:

You think too mutt. Don't sweat the small stuff. 

Indeed.

A particular Farang affliction usually attached by those who aren't able to adjust and acclimate.

The preferred characteristic tends to be unnecessary angst and misery.