Vast majority of Thais pleased with handling of pandemic: Poll

webfact

Vast majority of Thais pleased with handling of pandemic: Poll

5pmTV.jpg
Thaivisa File photo

A poll conducted in Thailand last week asked about the general level of the Thais' happiness.

The results showed that Thais are mostly happy again after the second wave of the pandemic. 

Though they almost universally agreed that politicians should stay out of the vaccine rollout and leave it up to health care professionals they had some encouraging news for the Thai leaders.

The Super Poll said that 82.5% of respondents thought that PM Prayut Chan-ocha and DPM and health minister Anutin Charnvirakul had made them happier with their handling of the second wave of the pandemic in Samut Sakhon, Rayong and elsewhere. 

5pm.jpg

Well over 50% wanted to see domestic tourism opened up now and 90.3 % wanted to see the Songkran celebration go ahead.

The message was clear if the poll can be believed - Thailand, the land of smiles, was starting to smile again. 

thai+visa_news.jpg

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Surelynot said:

Well........ when you cast an eye over the UK, USA and Brazil one cannot be but happy with the outcome.

20Million vaccinated in the UK was  offered it  by letter a  week  ago but am not there, Mother 93 years old done about 3 weeks  ago no side effects  at  all, friend 54 done 2  days  ago. shivering and sore  arm Astra  vaccine.

• Like 2

Thailand could have predictably prevented a second wave if it had instituted continuous testing in high risk business areas, ie., employing migrant workers, where there is a high flux of suppliers-distributors in and out of the area with public destinations and outdoor markets/prisons having little to no covid infection precautions.

Instead it focused on its mandatory quarantines and police roundups of people found incudentally to be infected. It admitted also (I believe) that it was lax with border control with regard to illegal entry by infected migrant workers. 

So yes pleased with Thailand's containment of the 1st wave, bit not the 2nd wave. 

6 hours ago, gunderhill said:

was  offered it  by letter a  week  ago

My brothers got THE LETTER a week after they had the jab, notified by txt msg.

How much must sending every eligible person a letter, by post, cost the NHS?

15 hours ago, BangkokReady said:

Hugely.  You haven't been in Thailand?

I've been here 16 years.  Maybe I've been lucky, but I can't think of any way I've been treated differently to Thais since the Covid outbreak.  What examples would you give?

• 2 months later...
On 3/14/2021 at 10:07 PM, brewsterbudgen said:

Whatever way you look at it, Thailand has handled the pandemic far better than almost every western nation!  Thank God I'm not in the US/USA!

Remember... the Testing, Testing, Testing mantra around April last year? 

I live in Thailand and recently came back to the states for business. No one is dying here. Let me suggest the reason it appears so bad, is testing. Thailand did not test in any large way until recently. On the contrary, America has testing centers everywhere, with easy access. It's a simple point I am making here. There is no true pandemic.

Most rational people can understand that if you increase testing, you will increase "cases'. Most of what you see on the Telescreen is a bunch of contrived... use your favorite adjectives to complete that sentence. 

Edited by Freeduhdum
additional

4 hours ago, Freeduhdum said:

I live in Thailand and recently came back to the states for business. No one is dying here. Let me suggest the reason it appears so bad, is testing. Thailand did not test in any large way until recently. On the contrary, America has testing centers everywhere, with easy access. It's a simple point I am making here. There is no true pandemic.

Most rational people can understand that if you increase testing, you will increase "cases'. Most of what you see on the Telescreen is a bunch of contrived... use your favorite adjectives to complete that sentence. 

600,000 in America dead from the pandemic. 

4 hours ago, Freeduhdum said:

This is what "no one" looks like to some people:

image.png.00b835feb369948371705d0f9cbe3ca2.png

United States: Coronavirus Pandemic Country Profile - Our World in Data

Edited by placeholder

Another classic "Super Poll".

At least they're smart enough now not to use numbers greater than 100%.

Thought this seemed weird, old poll.

Time for a new Super Poll.

Edited by mtls2005