PM Will Speed up National Vaccination Drive

webfact

31 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Is the penny finally beginning to drop? 

Has he just realized how far behind Thailand is in its plan and implementation?

Has he seen that the small amount of vaccines they do currently have are taking forever to be administered to the people?

Of course he wants private hospitals to get their own supply, it saves his budget for more useful defense related toys where the kickbacks are enormous.

I think he realizes that the other countries especially the EU and the UK will be placing folks who are unvaccinated in quarantine, and thus it will kill the ability for Thais or people in Thailand from traveling as well.  Moreover if they do not get a jump on it and get moving the entire year will be gone and the GDP will shrink even further as the outside countries economies start to heal and become robust.

• Like 2

Prayuth and Anutin should be ashamed.

From being one of the top countries to handle COVID-19, to one of the worst vaccine programs worldwide, and last in Asia.

You are pinning a lot of hope on Siam Bioscience...I just hope they meet the June deadline and 10million per month...

Screen Shot 2564-03-17 at 12.43.45 PM.png

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Thaiophil said:

Urged? I thought he was in charge.

There is no sense in restricting private hospitals from delivering vaccines as allowing it will relieve the burden on the public scheme and get to herd immunity quicker

I rang BNH. They say no vaccines until May at the earliest. No brand details, but likely Astra Zeneca. No price details. No plan, obviously.

This man lives in a dream world. Suddenly he has had a <deleted> & is suggesting that there is actually an urgency in getting the people vaccinated, but where are the vaccines? Only the OAZ & that Chinese rubbish have been approved and local manufacturing is months away. Only when the super cautious regulatory authorities actually feel any urgency will things speed up, and Dear Leader has little leverage with them. So we can all go back into resignation mode in the knowledge that this country has no ability to rescue people's lives and the economy.

4 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

Is the penny finally beginning to drop? 

Has he just realized how far behind Thailand is in its plan and implementation?

Has he seen that the small amount of vaccines they do currently have are taking forever to be administered to the people?

Of course he wants private hospitals to get their own supply, it saves his budget for more useful defense related toys where the kickbacks are enormous.

The small number of Sinovac administered to date was being injected at a rate of 1,650 Doses per Day ( as of last week ) - Gov,t Data

Its really not going to take too much ramping up from a pathetic  low base like this.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, samtam said:

I rang BNH. They say no vaccines until May at the earliest. No brand details, but likely Astra Zeneca. No price details. No plan, obviously.

Govt would not want the private hospitals to have it before the govt’s mass programme gets rolling in June. They don’t want the media reporting low risk hi-sos and farangs getting it before high risk but poor Thais

I think it will be Q3 for private sector hospitals. I’ll probably wait for J and J so it’s just one shot

5 hours ago, webfact said:

The prime minister said what concerns him the most now is ensuring that.........

...........you know who can maximize his profits from the production of the AZ vaccine.

Edited by Surelynot

He also urged the Public Health Ministry to allow hospitals to import Covid-19 vaccine without waiting for the government’s approval, as the government aims to vaccinate 10 million people per month.

10 million shots per month? Thats what I call ambitious.
333,333 shots each and every day. Good luck Great Leader!

Edited by Rohe60
typo
  • Like 1

"...speed up the country’s vaccination drive,"

Ah, now we get explanation for why speed limits were raised on highways... every little bit helps, eh? Lots if "off" ramps I dare say

7 hours ago, webfact said:

Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha wants the Public Health Ministry to speed up the country’s vaccination drive, saying he and the 15 ministers who received the AstraZeneca Covid-19 vaccine at Government House on Tuesday were all fine

If he didn't jump the queue with his cronies that might have been done already.

7 hours ago, webfact said:

He also urged the Public Health Ministry to allow hospitals to import Covid-19 vaccine without waiting for the government’s approval

This!!!

They do not give a monkeys cuss for the population especially the serf's, what he and his masters do care about is being able to jump the queue and get themselves sorted so they can get on with their privileged lives again once the world starts to open up again!

There will be many happy fallangs too who can afford to pay as they can also get on with lives again but for the majority of normal Thai people, well they will be waiting until the 7th of never for their vaccinations

• Like 1

He also urged the Public Health Ministry to allow hospitals to import Covid-19 vaccine without waiting for the government’s approval, as the government aims to vaccinate 10 million people per month.

image.png.083b564ec6ee94a22e52487970d7f225.png

No he won't. Why not? Because he does not care one iota for the masses, and the suffering they are experiencing due to a lack of both domestic and international tourism.

Plus he has an extreme aversion to ever doing the right thing, because it is the right thing to do.  Not to mention extreme incompetency. 

Edited by spidermike007
  • Like 1