Alcohol ban in Thailand this weekend

rooster59

35 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

Are you serious, live in Thailand?

You need a source about the election?

I don't. Terrible loudspeaker monsters passing every hour and shouting for their candidate.

Reason: it's called the election law.

Same for every election since I remember.

At least they are wearing those plastic face shields while piled in the back of utes and blocking traffic.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, foreverlomsak said:

Us foreigners should be excluded anyway as we cannot vote therefore cannot effect the results unless we set fire to the counting house, oops that where the money goes.

Exceptions for foreigners is never going to happen. Just stock up your fridge and invite some mates over or watch some movies. Not a big deal. Little family shops is sois will sell it to you regardless. 

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, dbrenn said:

Exceptions for foreigners is never going to happen. Just stock up your fridge and invite some mates over or watch some movies. Not a big deal. Little family shops is sois will sell it to you regardless. 

very rarely will would find me without a bottle or 12 in the house and

alternative plans/locations are always in place for this and other bans.

• Like 2

Anyway, if the elections are on Sunday, why a ban on Saturday?

A ban on buying is not a ban on drinking

The best solution to this dilemma is to give everyone outside the polling booth a breath test before being allowed in!

3 hours ago, OJAS said:

Well, we can't run the risk of having voters drunk in charge of ballot papers, can we?

Contrast the oppressive attitude of the powers-that-be towards the sale of alcohol at election times with their totally relaxed attitude towards noise pollution problems caused by the assortment of campaigning pick-ups and their multi-megawatt sound systems which have been plaguing my neighbourhood for the past few weeks! ????

If I were able to vote in these municipal elections I would definitely vote for the candidate who did not feel the need to resort to such antisocial canvassing tactics, regardless of their political affiliations - assuming, of course, that any such candidate existed, which somehow I doubt.

Go and grab a beer, whilst you can!

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, eeworldwide said:

For the avoidance of doubt - the alcohol ban doesn't apply to Bangkok.

Exactly. I sent out four queries to pubs, got three replies so far. Bangkok pubs on Sukhumvit 13, 23 and 33/1 all serving tonight. 

PS Thank you Thai English media for reporting a blanket ban without mentioning Bangkok is exempt. Someone above said Pattaya bars are open, too.

Edited by Kaoboi Bebobp
More details
  • Confused 1

Just now, sherwood said:

Be a happy man when these speaker trucks stop spruking at full noise, 6am and 5pm every day for the past month. Lucky there is only two of them. 

Must be beer o'clock. Cheers

God....they are annoying. If I could vote I would only vote for whoever didn't have one of things trundling around.

• Like 1