Expired UK photocard

1 hour ago, Liverpool Lou said:

I was giving examples of my personal experience with DL applications in order to justify that what I was saying was correct, so, no, I am not "special needs" [sic] but thank you for the offensive insult suggesting that I may be. 

An IDP is not required in addition to a valid UK licence to apply for a Thai licence and to be exempted from certain parts of the process.

Get a grip homer, I think the special needs thing was  a joke, what's wrong with a little friendly banter?

Actually, all you need "...to apply for a Thai licence..." [sic] is an application. You only need supporting documentation if you actually want your application approved...

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

I was giving examples of my personal experience with DL applications in order to justify that what I was saying was correct, so, no, I am not "special needs" [sic] but thank you for the offensive insult suggesting that I may be. 

An IDP is not required in addition to a valid UK licence to apply for a Thai licence and to be exempted from certain parts of the process.

You understand that the Op was about getting a driving licence for the first time? and not renewals where requirements are different

5 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

You understand that the Op was about getting a driving licence for the first time? and not renewals where requirements are different

No, it is not to be the OP's first license, they apparently have an expired UK license...

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

No, it is not to be the OP's first license, they apparently have an expired UK license...

it's the first thai licence according to the first post, he has an expired UK licence. Comprehension skills on this thread are poor

51 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

it's the first thai licence according to the first post, he has an expired UK licence. Comprehension skills on this thread are poor

Yes, but that's not what you said, what you said was:

"You understand that the Op was about getting a driving licence for the first time?"

And that simply is not true. It will apparently be the OP's first Thai license, but the OP will not be "...getting a driving licence for the first time...". 

Is licence the way license is spelled in the UK?

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Yellowtail said:

Yes, but that's not what you said, what you said was:

"You understand that the Op was about getting a driving licence for the first time?"

And that simply is not true. It will apparently be the OP's first Thai license, but the OP will not be "...getting a driving licence for the first time...". 

This is a thai forum, no one is interested in getting a UK licence

1 hour ago, scubascuba3 said:

This is a thai forum, no one is interested in getting a UK licence

And yet another lie! Several people on this very thread are interested in renewing their UK license.

Oh what a wicked web we weave...

7 hours ago, Yellowtail said:

From the DLT Website:

1085055098_DLTWebsite.JPG.1e4495cfdbaca0bcfa9b4d96da283e8a.JPG

4. Interesting that they want to see an INVALID IDP or licence. Wouldn't you think they would get their website content checked by a native English speaker?

Yes, it's a bit small to read but pasting;

'Department of land transport new Thai driving licence'

into Google will take you straight to the relevant page. (See, I even made it easy to copy). ????

Edited by Lancashirelad
typo

3 hours ago, Yellowtail said:

In American English, the noun is spelled the same as the verb—license. But in British English, the noun is spelled licence. All the while, the meaning stays the same—permission, a permit, a document that states you are qualified or allowed to do something.

2 minutes ago, Lancashirelad said:

In American English, the noun is spelled the same as the verb—license. But in British English, the noun is spelled licence. All the while, the meaning stays the same—permission, a permit, a document that states you are qualified or allowed to do something.

Interesting. Other words as well?

8 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

Interesting. Other words as well?

American English is a butchered version of the Queen's English. It's a whole other language.

This morning I drove my car along the tarmac road road to the garage where I filled it up with petrol. I blew up the tyres, opened the bonnet and checked the oil. I bought some crisps, sweets and pop and put them in the boot.

This morning I drove my auto along the blacktop to the gas station where I pumped gas. I pumped up the tyres, opened the hood and checked the oil. I bought some chips, candy and soda and put them in the trunk.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

An IDP is not required for any application for any Thai driving licence when the applicant has a valid UK licence, so...

...an IDP is not required for a first time application for a temporary Thai licence when a valid UK licence is presented. 

• Sad 1

13 hours ago, Yellowtail said:

From the DLT Website:

1085055098_DLTWebsite.JPG.1e4495cfdbaca0bcfa9b4d96da283e8a.JPG

I wouldn't put any faith in that as it states in (4) required documents, that an "invalid international driving licence" [sic] is necessary.   Why would they want an invalid international driving licence when (a) it would be invalid and (b) there are no such things as an international driving licences, only International Driving Permits?

46 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

I wouldn't put any faith in that as it states in (4) required documents, that an "invalid international driving licence" [sic] is necessary.   Why would they want an invalid international driving licence when (a) it would be invalid and (b) there are no such things as an international driving licences, only International Driving Permits?

As I pointed out, said 5 posts back.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

An IDP is not required for any application for any Thai driving licence when the applicant has a valid UK licence, so...

...an IDP is not required for a first time application for a temporary Thai licence when a valid UK licence is presented. 

As i said much further up this thread which you didn't grasp, different requirements if you have IDP vs no IDP, now move on

• Like 1
  • Haha 1