Vaccines being offered at the local village

connda

11 hours ago, connda said:

Mrs. Connda said that our local village hospital has contacted her to offer a Covid vaccine.  It sounds like they are offering both the AstraZenaca and CoronaVac shots depending on age.

Has a time and date been scheduled for her first dose?

Could be simply the first step: a survey to see who might be interested.

The one million volunteer village health care worker force here is definitely a hugely positive force in rural health care.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Puccini said:

That's good to hear. Thailand's health care infrastructure with a government health centre in most villages is ideally suited for a fast and widespread vaccination rollout.

Accompany your wife on her vaccination and have her inquiry about the possibility of yourself getting vaccinated.

Yes, I understand that they have got to start somewhere and there's limited supplies, but it's stupid to vaccinate 1 person out of a household, especially vaccinate wife and not husband, or vise versa.

• Confused 1

12 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

Has a time and date been scheduled for her first dose?

Could be simply the first step: a survey to see who might be interested.

The one million volunteer village health care worker force here is definitely a hugely positive force in rural health care.

I'm assuming she needs to get back in touch with them.
She's not overly excited about getting the AstraZenaca considering the recent press.  So she may not be in any hurry.

• Like 1

Local village / health authorities have also been visiting my village and surrounding areas in Si Sa Ket. Think it was more to see who was interested in getting the vaccine. I believe they also included me in the list, as they had my name. Maybe because I'm registered in the village and have a pink ID card? 

Anyways believe the general consensus in the village, is that there wasn't many interested because a) the Chinese vaccine was mentioned b) so much negative press on TV and social media about the vaccine has people scared.

So while its great that the government are saying they are going to vaccinate the whole population, in reality it may be something very different.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Monkey Boy said:

Local village / health authorities have also been visiting my village and surrounding areas in Si Sa Ket. Think it was more to see who was interested in getting the vaccine. I believe they also included me in the list, as they had my name. Maybe because I'm registered in the village and have a pink ID card? 

Same in my village, also in Sisaket...and yes it was more of a survey than a scheduled vaccination.

No date was given and very little information provided.

Only the elderlies were asked if they would like to get the vaccine...at some point.

Most probably, they won't hear again about this for weeks, or even months...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Monkey Boy said:

Local village / health authorities have also been visiting my village and surrounding areas in Si Sa Ket. Think it was more to see who was interested in getting the vaccine.

Same here in my small rural village 10 km from KhunHan (a small provincial town in SiSaKet province).  The helper of the Village Headman visited everybody in the village last week to ask whether we were interested in receiving the covid-19 vaccine.

Luckily I had heard rumors about Isaan villages being vaccinated earlier, so I had talked about this with my lady that it would be a definite NO for us as well as for anybody from her family.

As the question was asked in Thai (or local Khmer language) to her by the village helper, she pointed to me and asked me to confirm that it was an absolute NO from our part.  I dread what would have happened if I hadn't talked about it with her, as she is like most Thais very obedient to 'authority' and would have without a doubt said yes to the offer... but my resolute NO was accepted without further ado by the village helper (and it offered my lady a 'face-saving' escape to the community vaccination offer, as 'stupid farang' does not want free vaccine).

good luck to you all.  For me, I will wait until a vaccine is available to buy at an International hospital in a big City. I wouldn't trust local village heath authorities with the care of my cat, let alone me or my wife. When they stop vaccinating youngsters with antibiotics at every turn and learn to diagnose illnesses without the intervention of Buddha, I may start to take them seriously, until then, no chance. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Pilotman said:

good luck to you all.  For me, I will wait until a vaccine is available to buy at an International hospital in a big City. I wouldn't trust local village heath authorities with the care of my cat, let alone me or my wife. When they stop vaccinating youngsters with antibiotics at every turn and learn to diagnose illnesses without the intervention of Buddha, I may start to take them seriously, until then, no chance. 

So  your anti biotic then! 

14 hours ago, Pilotman said:

Hats off to all those at my local tamboon clinic.
It saves hours of waiting at the local hospital and they can do intervention treatment where necessary, even down to using massage and similar treatments.      They also run a weekly health check day for those who have diabetes ( fortunately I don't have ).

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, jayboy said:

Are you having a laugh? If not perhaps it's time to educate yourself.Still against this kind of deeply embedded prejudice and ignorance  the gods themselves struggle in vain.

I like Ricky Gervais' Extras and always in for a good laugh, yes.

But as good as ALL the farangs I am in contact with in Thailand (only 10 or so, as I am living in a remote corner) are vaccine-hesitant and like myself would - if given a choice - also avoid the jab.

In a sense they are smarter than me by not posting on the Forum because they don't want to be sucked in senseless discussions with the parroting ignorant about the gods struggling in vain. 

38 minutes ago, Speedo1968 said:

Hats off to all those at my local tamboon clinic.
It saves hours of waiting at the local hospital and they can do intervention treatment where necessary, even down to using massage and similar treatments.      They also run a weekly health check day for those who have diabetes ( fortunately I don't have ).

I am pleased for you and your community, but that is not universal here.  The local doctor to my wife's village is no more than a witch doctor and my dogs know more about pharmacology than he does. 

Same in my village but it was made clear it was only to register names, and it would be 2 to 3 months later that the vaccine would be given.

It was also made clear it was Thai only, which has upset 70% of the locals as they are either Myanmar or Laos.

Personally I will wait for a reputable hospital to start offers, in particular i'd go for Pfizer.

42 minutes ago, jayboy said:

So you are not having a laugh, just ignorant or incapable of understanding the science.As it happens, I know one or two "vaccine hesitant" farang in my Bangkok moobaan.THey all have the same characteristics - over 60, not very well educated, prone to conspiracy theories and always prepared to bore the hind legs off a donkey with their bizarre and ridiculous COVID 19/vaccination delusions.

Odd how the great scientific advice of the day. many years back, that Thalidomide was safe, turned out to be  a tad wrong.   The speed with which these vaccines have been developed  and the truncated testing, posses risks that are as yet unknown, especially for the Chinese and Russian versions.  For example, no pregnant ladies have yet given birth after vaccination.  A great measure of caution is sensible, even in these hysterical times. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Peter Denis said:

I like Ricky Gervais' Extras and always in for a good laugh, yes.

But as good as ALL the farangs I am in contact with in Thailand (only 10 or so, as I am living in a remote corner) are vaccine-hesitant and like myself would - if given a choice - also avoid the jab.

In a sense they are smarter than me by not posting on the Forum because they don't want to be sucked in senseless discussions with the parroting ignorant about the gods struggling in vain. 

Yea i know how against the vaccine you are. Even though your disaster scenarios are not coming to fruition.  All of the things you worry about and post don't seem to happen. Why is it that even though the alarmist you quoted are now shown to be untrue. That dr gave a time frame. That time has passed. Still you seem to find new stuff even though most of your old points all have been shown to be wrong. So why is it you don't update your opinion after being proven wrong so many times. All those alarmists seem to have been wrong yet after seeing that you dont change your opinion. 

But your right about one thing its a senseless discussion as those who are against the vaccine will find new reasons not to take it even if their old reasons are shown to be untrue. They keep seeking out people who are alarmist and seeking out the bad reports (minority) just to keep to their old opinion.

As for you being safe in your isolated place, perhaps your right. Just wait for songkran to pass. 

I am now suddenly in risk group 3 because of people i came in contact with. I can tell you now from experience it can spread fast. Maybe that is what your missing.. experience. I will tell more once the government has confirmed. I could get into trouble if i tell. The group of people that was infected has already been tested. However they cant tell anyone and will be in trouble if they do before the second (same test) of the goverment. 

This was something i had heard before from the first SG who got it. He was confirmed could not tell anyone until the second test. This took days and he felt he had to tell. The goverment threatened him with law suits. Only with help of the embassy was this averted. 

Now im seeing the same a company who cant tell anyone anything (not even employees) too much because of goverment sanctions.

So i leave it up to you to use this information and think about how much of the real spread is hidden.

Its hitting home for me now. Im probably safe but will know more after more tests are done.

1 hour ago, Pilotman said:

Odd how the great scientific advice of the day. many years back, that Thalidomide was safe, turned out to be  a tad wrong.   The speed with which these vaccines have been developed  and the truncated testing, posses risks that are as yet unknown, especially for the Chinese and Russian versions.  For example, no pregnant ladies have yet given birth after vaccination.  A great measure of caution is sensible, even in these hysterical times. 

What is strange is that people with an education like yours are comparing a non vaccine Thalidomide with a vaccine. Also they are comparing it with one of the best tested vaccines ever. The whole world is watching and all strange things are reported. Why do you think the EU is stopping vaccinations. Because they monitor stuff and assess risk. So all the bright people are watching.

So please use that brain of yours and stop comparing a non vaccine with a vaccine. Its not the same. Also 1 drug that you mention. There are countless more that never had a problem. So sure it can happen chances are really slim. Over 100 million have been vaccinated and the problems are not that high. So all the doom and gloom just did not happen.

11 minutes ago, robblok said:

What is strange is that people with an education like yours are comparing a non vaccine Thalidomide with a vaccine. Also they are comparing it with one of the best tested vaccines ever. The whole world is watching and all strange things are reported. Why do you think the EU is stopping vaccinations. Because they monitor stuff and assess risk. So all the bright people are watching.

So please use that brain of yours and stop comparing a non vaccine with a vaccine. Its not the same. Also 1 drug that you mention. There are countless more that never had a problem. So sure it can happen chances are really slim. Over 100 million have been vaccinated and the problems are not that high. So all the doom and gloom just did not happen.

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/how-the-thalidomide-scandal-led-to-safer-drugs#Complete-safety

https://theprint.in/campus-voice/lessons-from-the-thalidomide-tragedy-in-1950s-for-vaccine-trials-in-india/606621/

Edited by Pilotman

14 minutes ago, robblok said:

Its not a vaccine, why do you compare a vaccine with a non vaccine. I know what it is you obviously did not.

a drug is a drug, whether injected, taken orally, or stuffed up your rear end.  

• Like 1