Police chief calls for a crackdown on Cash on Delivery in wake of sex toy deliveries

webfact

9pm.jpg

Picture: Thai Rath

Thai Rath reported that RTP chief Pol Gen Suwat "Big Pat" Chaengyodsuk had ordered the tech police to get tough on gangs sending people cash on delivery items they hadn't ordered.

People were not checking properly if they had ordered items or if members of the family had and as a result the gangs were making money.

Police spokesman Pol Col Krissana Pattanacharoen admitted there had been a lot of Facebook complaints recently but this was not a new crime. 

It had been going on for ages and the gangs would send people cheap items but send a lot in the hope that people would not bother to check and would pay up not wanting to make a fuss. 

Thaivisa notes that several stories recently featured a female teacher and another woman who had accepted sex toys - dildoes precisely - and paid for them before opening them up and getting a shock. 

Thai Rath made no connection to this but quoted Krissana as saying that this activity fell under Article 341 violations and could get the criminal a three year jail term and/or fine of 60,000 baht.

He said that General Suwat had ordered the tech police chief to crackdown on all forms of online sales crime as he put great importance by this.

Krissana advised people to always check deliveries carefully and not accept things they had not ordered. 

logo.thumb.jpg.58700f12f9218149b3e2f82126b72e4d.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2021-04-01

1 hour ago, webfact said:

Krissana advised people to always check deliveries carefully and not accept things they had not ordered.

The RTP: Helping people to save them from themselves.

I was going to suggest these people are gullible, but I see the word has now been removed from the dictionary.

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

I was going to suggest these people are gullible, but I see the word has now been removed from the dictionary.

The word 'stupid' still seems to be in the dictionary...

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, webfact said:

the gangs would send people cheap items but send a lot in the hope that people would not bother to check

Some folks get a buzz outta that sort of thing .. 

I'd have said I want it to foam up the flat beer at the boozer ..

if I drank of course ..

2 hours ago, bluesofa said:

Only the thai/English dictionary

2 hours ago, Phuketshrew said:

Dildoes or dildos?

I use to annoy my sister when she was out in public walking her dog, Dylan, by shouting "come on <deleted>!" .... 

Clever, but over the heads of many if you don't understand Thailish pronounciation ????

5 hours ago, webfact said:

Thaivisa notes that several stories recently featured a female teacher and another woman who had accepted sex toys - dildoes precisely - and paid for them before opening them up and getting a shock. 

Batteries not included?

6 hours ago, Denim said:

Oh....that was lucky. They came with batteries included.

She was shocked because she thought it was a <deleted> but it was tartan pattern thermos flask which could have proved a challenge.????

2 hours ago, Gandtee said:

She was shocked because she thought it was a <deleted> but it was tartan pattern thermos flask which could have proved a challenge.????

Why has <deleted> been censored? It's in the article and previous comments. A bad day at the office?