Tourism Ministry Considers Free Cross-provincial Flights for Foreign Tourists

webfact

31 minutes ago, IamNoone88 said:

Has anyone actually explained to the Thai Gov't that the vaccine does not stop you catching or spreading Covid? The virus continues to shed in a vaccinated person. It just stops them from being very sick and lessens the chance of requiring hospitalisation. Singapore is identifying a significant number of infected people in quarantine on a daily basis - that remains their barrier to the general population. The bottomline is that vaccinated people can spread the virus to other vaccinated and non-vaccinated people who in turn shed to others. As for free flights - that is the least of concerns.

sure, it is exactly what it is happening all over the world right now... Do you think that in Laos (they said only 2 die because of COVID) or in Congo or in thailand there is really low COVID infected people ? How you can know that ?

That i can just see is the correlation between infected reported cases linked with the number of tests made... i can then conclude that we don't know really if, in Thailand, really there is so low rate of COVID. If you or an other one pretend to know better, how they can do ? They just suppose what it should be, with no proof, but next, they are speaking as if they really know and are sure 100% !

Ho God...

Well, it is not as if we don't know nothing...

• Like 1

I like many others was initially frustrated and angry at times that i could not return to Thailand early in this Covid saga, but i have now accepted the fact it will probably be Nov/Dec before i can easily return to TL. Hopefully.

I refused to play your entry requirements game and i still do !!!

This is not aimed at the regular Thais, rather at all the government agencies......

Watching TL squirm, panic and run around desperately trying to attract tourists is my daily dose of fun, it is highly amusing to watch.

After a year of thinking that the whole planet would put up with anything you threw in the way, with every stupid requirement for entry into your self proclaimed paradise and the "The whole world needs Thailand" attitude, it has finally been realised that your love of paperwork, your need to control every part of the country like a dog on a leash and the unstoppable Thai greed has prevented all the predicted hoards of tourists from visiting.

I can't wait for tomorrows episode

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, vandeventer said:

So it looks like you can fly into Phuket than after a week you can fly anywhere you want in Thailand. So where the hell are the good vaccines for the rest of Thailand? Do you really want to build more hospitals?

yes, and an other one good question we can ask ourselves and look in official national account, is to know how old is the population in Thailand.

I ask it because the high risk rate to die for infected people is at first place the one older than 65. It is important...

Under 65, i think the number of the death rate will not be accurate to show any change with or without a "vaccine".

Also, i can see many times already, the poor people there (who are a majority of the population) doesn't stay long time in the hospital  when strongly sick, because the medical assistance is not the same for poor people (there is some, but with a limitation...). Do you already go to the hospital in Thailand ? I mean... not the private one... who is already empty (public one is full).

Maybe there is something to see ?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JimInPattaya said:

GREAT, NOT SO MUCH!

It seems that the people in charge miss the point that Thailand has been simply, "extremely lucky" so far. Waves of new outbreaks are still happening around the world. Vaccination does not prevent COVID! It reduces severity and symptoms. If tourists will be coming they can still be infected and spread COVID around Thailand to locals.

So far very few people have been vaccinated in Thailand. Un-vaccinated locals will not have any protection! Some locals can expect full severity if the become infected without being vaccinated. Concept of collateral damage comes to mind.

Nobody knows when the vaccine will be readily available to the locals. A new plan or target is announced every couple of days that usually contradicts previous plans. If tourists arrive before vaccinations then Thailand is likely Fl#ked! But then its all about money. Think of all the money that can be saved if there are fewer older people alive thanks to COVID for the government to support with future health care and old age benefits. Some might consider it a planned cull.

You complicate it. All they are thinking about is the money they can make from tourists. Nothing more. Anything beyond that is Stage 2 thinking, which isn't something that Thais do. Hence all the points you raise would simply not occur to them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stigar said:

My friend tried to say pattaya area.They didnt approve that.They really need a proper adress.And they will google the adress same they do in the airport uppon arrival.I will stay in my apartment in bangkok.They get my full adress,and their satisfied with that.

yes mate take a spell

1 hour ago, IamNoone88 said:

Has anyone actually explained to the Thai Gov't that the vaccine does not stop you catching or spreading Covid? The virus continues to shed in a vaccinated person. It just stops them from being very sick and lessens the chance of requiring hospitalisation. Singapore is identifying a significant number of infected people in quarantine on a daily basis - that remains their barrier to the general population. The bottomline is that vaccinated people can spread the virus to other vaccinated and non-vaccinated people who in turn shed to others. As for free flights - that is the least of concerns.

Has anyone explained to you that the transmission is shown to have bee reduced by up to 90% with the Modern/Pfizer vaccines (which should be the similar with all other vaccines). Less viral load means less transmission.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, stigar said:

Im in a qarantene hotel in bangkok now.I get a msg from the hotel yesterday about my adress in thailand so they can issue.cerificate letter from the goverment.They need my full adress after qarantene is finished.

How did you get in in the first place? Didn’t you get a COE to enter which provided proof where you was staying after quarantine?

5 hours ago, mickymouse1 said:

...Only for tourists going to Phuket? If yes,why only those going to Phuket?

Not everyone likes this place.????

That might be why the minister wish to offer free flights to other destinations...????

3 hours ago, chang1 said:

Free flights to Samui and no quarantine sounds good to me. A chance to catch up with friends I have not seen for years partly due to the stupidly high flight costs and partly due to rip off prices for everything else there. 

Unfortunately I don't see this happening. Bangkok Airways will want too much as they used to exploiting their monopoly. Next the UK doesn't have any vaccine passport set up and people are saying they will be decisive so don't want them - surly that is the point of having them! I want to be devided from the ignorant few who refuse to be vaccinated. 

What happens about our unvaccinated son? He will be last on the list so definitely won't have 2 shots in time. 

As it is only a proposal I will wait to see if it actually sees the light of day before I make any plans. 

70% of Bangkok Airways revenue is from Samui flights there is no way in a million years will they give free flights to and from the island and let’s be honest there charges are outrageous that’s why I fly to Suratthani and then get the ferry it’s less than half the cost .

• Like 1

5 hours ago, mickymouse1 said:

I am getting confused by all these proposals and suggestions.

Only for tourists going to Phuket? If yes,why only those going to Phuket?

Clearly, it is just a lot of “micky mouse” (pun-intended). 

• Confused 1

so they will spread virus to every province in thailand at an expense, that including innumerable lives, of thai taxpayers.

never mind airline personel, it's dead easy to inoculate them in one day, but there suppose to be minimum 70% of the whole population to be vaxed.

a very careless government, taking care about tourism money, but not about millions of citizens which will suffer

• Like 1

6 hours ago, mickymouse1 said:

Because Phuket will be the only place tourists can visit between the months of July and September.

Anyone who doesn’t like Phuket can simply wait till October when the rest of Thailand opens up.

5 hours ago, Metapod said:

They don't need to do anything like this.

Just let people fly into Thailand with no quarantine or other <deleted>.

That is literally all they have to do.

Sure...

Sure glad it's not up to you!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, BestB said:

And this is why you got to love Thailand.

One day, all is aimed at attracting the rich, and rules introduced but removed for having money in the bank, but the next day offering free flights.

As if saving 1500-2000 baht will make all that much of a difference to even not so rich, but if they are targeting the rich, then why even think to offer free flights?

Why stop at free flights? why not add free hotel? free food? and free overnight guest?

Free flights a big attraction for back packers. Might as well let them have their Bht 300 bungalow free as well.

11 hours ago, mickymouse1 said:

yea i prefer krabi.  why cant i go krabi instead of phuket.  or over just south of surat thani?  what stops someone from just going from phuket to krabi on day one

9 hours ago, jerolamo said:

sure, it is exactly what it is happening all over the world right now... Do you think that in Laos (they said only 2 die because of COVID) or in Congo or in thailand there is really low COVID infected people ? How you can know that ?

That i can just see is the correlation between infected reported cases linked with the number of tests made... i can then conclude that we don't know really if, in Thailand, really there is so low rate of COVID. If you or an other one pretend to know better, how they can do ? They just suppose what it should be, with no proof, but next, they are speaking as if they really know and are sure 100% !

Ho God...

Well, it is not as if we don't know nothing...

"Ho God". I like that one and I'm going to use it.

6 hours ago, sirineou said:

I don't understand the negativity of the Thai expat. I have lived in many countries and only in Thailand I see such negativity. 

I don't get it, I have met some of them and they seem to otherwise be nice people. 

They are thinking of giving you free or discounted tickets, You should love it and say Thank you, Yet almost everyone responding , had something negative to say. 

The question was often asked. Why do they make all these proposals?

That's their job. They are politicians. They make proposals. Some are adapted, most are rejected.  The only difference here is that many of these proposals are publicized. What's wrong with that? don't you want to know what is going on in government? 

PS: I feel bad for the moderators who have to read all this negativity. Listening to people complain all day must weight on their psyche. 

All these negative comments you are seeing are not from expats, they are all from frustrated tourists who are not able to visit Thailand.

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, IamNoone88 said:

Actually,  recent research shows that vaccinated people are, in fact, protected against infection. Therefore, they can not infect others. The vaccine seems to be working like a traditional vaccine after all.

Look at the declining case, death and hospitalization numbers in Israel and the UK. UK has vaccinated about 40% of its population with at least 1 shot, EU is around 13%. Cases and deaths in UK are a fraction of France (or Poland, Germany, Holland, Italy). Other than vaccines, what else could be the reason?

17 hours ago, mickymouse1 said:

Proposals, offers & suggestions... don't worry, one thing I know for certain in Thailand... nothing is free.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, mickymouse1 said:

And only to Samui?