Preventive Measures Could Lower Number of Daily New Covid-19 Infections

webfact

db81854777359fb232410a11284470a1_small.jpg

By Paphamon Arayasukawat

BANGKOK (NNT) - The Ministry of Public Health has expected the number of daily new Covid-19 infections to decline from about 1,000 cases to about 80 within one month if all preventive measures are followed by the public.

Ministry Spokesman Dr Rungruang Kitpati said the number of daily cases is expected to fall after the government implemented new measures targeting entertainment venues, mass gatherings in risky areas and the sale of alcohol in restaurants nationwide.

He said the measures, which have been implemented since April 10, have shown an encouraging outcome. With positive cooperation, the number of new cases could drop from 1,000 per day to only 40–80 per day within one month.

Dr Rungruang said yesterday’s numbers represent a positive indication. Cases exceeded 100 only in Bangkok, Chiang Mai and Chon Buri, compared with five provinces the day before.

nnt.jpg
  • Haha 2

"Thailand reported 1,767 new COVID-19 infections on Sunday and two additional deaths.

Of the new cases, 1,477 were local transmissions, while 288 were imported from people entering quarantine and 2 foreign infected persons "

from the other thread.   I think the inputs he was using were outdated or something. 

has anyobe seen or read of  a spike in any country, state, or  county  drop to under 80 in a few weeks? My states spike to 4000 was 8 months ago and still over 400 / day

Edited by Elkski

1 hour ago, webfact said:

The Ministry of Public Health has expected the number of daily new Covid-19 infections to decline from about 1,000 cases to about 80 within one month if all preventive measures are followed by the public.

how are you going to know since you are only testing those that present themselves with symptoms - that represents about 5% of the people who actually have CV19

4 hours ago, webfact said:

Ministry Spokesman Dr Rungruang Kitpati said the number of daily cases is expected to fall after the government implemented new measures targeting entertainment venues, mass gatherings in risky areas and the sale of alcohol in restaurants nationwide

Went to my local market this morning to buy some fresh supplies... 30 minutes in & out as I didn't want to hang around long.

We are supposedly in a red-zone.

in that 30 minutes I counted over 15 Thais not even wearing masks inside the market area.

No temp testing, no name taking, no QR codes nothing !

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1