Online system for foreigners to reduce overcrowding at immigration offices

Jonathan Fairfield

49 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

How many years have they been trying to get this working? Any decent programmer could write and test this simple form in a couple of days. It's absolutely pathetic.

It's possible they made it so bad and unreliable just to inconvenience us and make us jump through hoops but having worked with many IT "professionals" here I suspect they just cant figure it out.

Or maybe the budget ended up at the local Benz dealership?

Or submarine 

• Like 1

Why not just scrap the silly 90 day reporting.  It is has been in the Immigration Act for 40 years but wasn't enforced for the first 30 years without any issued.  So why bother now.  

I am sure that, if I were a landlord in Thailand I would not let property to foreigners.  The 90 day reporting for landlords looks far too much of a pain.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

13 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

they are the ones that usually worry the most about being refused a visa and have more money than young guys. .

That doesn't make any sense. Why would they worry about being refused a visa if they are old (over 50) and have money?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I finally got it to work in December.  Then it went off line.  Stood in line in Jomtien for 45 minutes in March to do the 90 day report. 

My friend has been doing it online for years.  Just tried...no luck.  Told him to go in person.

They need to get rid of this stupid system.  It's out of date and in reality, accomplishes nothing.  Other than being a money maker for immigration.

• Like 2