Itchy left arm evenings

Kanada

in the evenings the last week or so I get a creepy crawly itch on my arm...no marks or anything just itch....almost feels like it’s under the skin ...

I think it’s worse evenings and especially bed time because I focus on it!

some drug store creams etc. relieve it a certain amount!

always on left arm (at least so far) anyone have any ideas?

I have a similar problem, usually    my  throat /forehead areas.   If I  scratch, its gets worse, if I put up with the it , ignore it as best as possible, it  eventually stops.   Usually at bedtime  also.

• Thanks 1

This time of year, we spend more time indoors with AC running full blast....dry skin can exacerbate any minor irritation. Mosquito bites itch more, etc etc. A good Moisturizing program...must be diligent...every day......apply as necessary...usually a couple times a day after showers and before bed for sure helps a lot.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi

I had something similar whereby my forearms would itch annoyingly at night with no signs of rash. Went on for a few months,  went away, and has not come back. This was a few years ago. Fragrance free moisturising cream (plenty), no hot showers at night helped as did an antihistamine I took once.

The reason was never found (could have been stress related for me). If it persists then it' s the doctors for blood tests, food allergy tests etc.

I had this is in my upper left arm a few years ago, lasted for months and drove me insane, and yes it was worse at night. I don't think there is anything that can fix it, just have to wait until it goes away imo. I'm not one to throw the 'stress' card out there as a reason for things like many are, but I do think it does play a part with this.

• Thanks 1

My comment here is by way of my experience which is fleeting.

I have never had what I call a "problem" but very infrequently had an itchy arm and sometimes both.

There are three things I have done, used tiger balm, ordinary talcum powder and "prickly Heat".

One way or the other the itch has gone away. At no time were there any signs on my arms that seemed to offer a cause.

"Scratching" an itch is understandable but not good treatment!

I can describe a possibility.....

We use our living room and we don't use AC - we use 3 stand-alone fans, located where we think they are the most useful.

One of them is, even as I am typing, is directly at the 5o'clock position to my right hand side near the wall socket where I sit to use my computer.

Invariably, I get bitten by mosquitos on the underside of my left arm, the part that isn't protected by the air stream projected by the fan.

Mosquitos, as I am sure you know already, cannot settle where the air of the fan is directed. My left arm is nearly always the place I bet bitten/stung.

Occasionally, if I don't use the small mossie spray - the little B*st*rds get my left ankle as well.

Sometimes, it the tiny fire ants that get me.

hope this is helpful.

I also get an itchy rash occasionally on my right arm.  Im sure why but I'm obviously allergic to something.

I've used over the counter medicine with cortisone and beta-dipo.  Both are cheap and helped.

IMG_20210426_172014.jpg

IMG_20210426_171941.jpg

• Thanks 1

I’ve had the same problem a couple of times in the last few years. All day, not just at night. Coincidentally also only my left arm, an itching, almost burning sensation that had me scratching so much that it bled. Used this cream called Zostrix in Australia, non prescription but only available in pharmacies. It has a high level of capsaicin, think the theory might be something along the lines that it reduces the sensitivity of the nerves that are causing the itch, in the same way that the lining of your mouth becomes used to spicy food. Was very effective both times. The stuff’s very powerful - it’s important  to wash your hands thoroughly straight after applying the cream so you don’t get it in your eyes, or on any other sensitive body part!

• Thanks 1

I have a solution. I used to get an itching / burning sensation on my upper left forearm (without rash) for years. Eventually I went to the body shop in Big C (central) in Pattaya and asked the sales assistant. She sold me a tube of U&I Aloe Vera Gel which worked wonders. After about a week the sensation went away, never to return.

One Soi 6 girl who was a regular visitor spotted the tube in my bathroom and apparently used some on her acne. A few days later when she was visiting me again she asked if she could have the tube because her acne went away when she used it on the previous occasion. The tube was 220 baht.

Edited by ozimoron
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, tonray said:

This time of year, we spend more time indoors with AC running full blast....dry skin can exacerbate any minor irritation. Mosquito bites itch more, etc etc. A good Moisturizing program...must be diligent...every day......apply as necessary...usually a couple times a day after showers and before bed for sure helps a lot.

I would also guess dry skin

• Like 1

I had something similar on my back near one shoulder blade, went on for months, always felt like sweat trickling down but nothing was there. Eventually broke out in shingles on that side.

it is not likely to be shingles on the arm. But, like what I had, could be actually some irritation of nerves under the skin even though it feels like it is on the surface. From what, I can't say, but it will either go away or develop into something clearer.

On 4/26/2021 at 4:45 PM, Jaybott said:

I don't want to creep you out but it might be Scabies.  It's a type of an under the skin mite.  They are active at night. Google it for more information.  Very easy to treat.

It does creep me out but I’ll check it out just the same....but seems to be a little less every day OR maybe I’m just getting used to it!

thanks tho’

On 4/26/2021 at 8:12 AM, Rhacsyn said:

Hi

I had something similar whereby my forearms would itch annoyingly at night with no signs of rash. Went on for a few months,  went away, and has not come back. This was a few years ago. Fragrance free moisturising cream (plenty), no hot showers at night helped as did an antihistamine I took once.

The reason was never found (could have been stress related for me). If it persists then it' s the doctors for blood tests, food allergy tests etc.

Its my forearm as well....only left one which really is strange 

I thought allergies but left arm only?!...seems to help applying coconut oil after a shower and an antihistamine at least put me to sleep????