Expats getting a Covid-19 vaccine in Pattaya for dummies with emphasis on expats outside the Thai system

Jingthing

3 hours ago, Guderian said:

There's an unwritten but tacit understanding between retired expats and the government. We don't pay taxes here so don't have free access to their social security and national healthcare systems; in exchange we pay ourselves to use the (generally pretty good) Thai private hospitals. That has worked well for both sides for decades, but now the government has reneged on the understanding by, in effect, preventing us from using the private hospitals to pay for our own treatment and care. I have no desire to stand in a long queue waiting at some shambolic venue for a free shot of some unspecified vaccine, I want to pay for my own, but I am not allowed to do so.

The underlying political chicanery of the vaccination rollout in Thailand got to do with a money making scheme, no surprise there. As such those who make the decision what is good for the people has another priority which is how to make the most (money) out of it. Remember the early days of face masks/PPE shortages, both here and elsewhere for ex the USA?

Since farangs are dying to pay for their own vaccine, I'm sure this is not overlooked by the Thai authorities. But for the moment everything is fluid just like a circus preparing for its premiere. Soon everything will fall into place and those with money will get a ringside seat. That's the beauty of living in Thailand which has always been a source of life enrichment for farangs, especially retirees, who have decided to make a life here and enjoy what this land has to offer.

• Like 1

The CCSA briefing for today (Sunday) is now online at:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ofF3lYJAcUE

• New information about virus variants detected in Thailand
  • New details concerning vaccination of Foreign Nationals @ 7:15
  • Details on registration if you do not currently have medical records at a hospital:
    • (2 Bangkok Hospitals are allowing online registration through their websites
    • other provincial hospitals outside of Bangkok will be designated for foreigners who do not have medical records in file at a hospital in upcoming days for on-site registration (possibly online as well) @ 8:58
  • On-site registration starts June 7 (not earlier) @10:15
  • Updated Stats on cases today @ 10:44
  • New travel restrictions went into effect May 21 for travel to Chiang Rai. 

Edited by WaveHunter

10 hours ago, kinyara said:

What percentage of the 0.001%, ( 729 out of 70,000,000 as of yesterday ),  of people in Thailand that have so far died of Covid were retired expats living in Pattaya ? 

Retired expats in Pattaya have the additional benefit/luxury of adjusting their own lives to minimise risks even further should they feel overly exposed in a near deserted city, an option not always open to the majority of the Thai population who live in more high contact situations through economic necessity.

What about the percentages of those over 70 or 75 years of age?  Remember Lombardy in Italy?  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, kinyara said:

Why on earth do you think Thailand won't be able to increase their vaccination rates above 100,000 a day ? 

Show me where I said I didn't think Thailand was capable of administering 100,000 vaccination per date.

I used the figure of 100,000 as a base line for the example.  

They are currently achieving that even before they start the mass rollout next month. 

Do you have a link for that?  

Last I heard, they were having difficulty purchasing vaccines.  

Extrapolating as unrealistic a forecast as 100k from June seems totally pointless, you don't work for TAT by any chance ?

Once again, the 100,000 was for example purposes only.

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, Leaver said:

Show me where I said I didn't think Thailand was capable of administering 100,000 vaccination per date.

I used the figure of 100,000 as a base line for the example.  

Do you have a link for that?  

Last I heard, they were having difficulty purchasing vaccines.  

Once again, the 100,000 was for example purposes only.

So do you agree you used a poor example unlikely to reflect reality in the timeframe you extrapolated ?  Why not be more realistic in your projections ?  What's with the false agenda ?

Since you can't be bothered to check facts for yourself have a look at the graph in the link, over the last 4 days vaccinations have increased on average by 105k a day.

https://www.google.com/search?q=Thailand+covid+vaccinations++today&rlz=1C5CHFA_enTH902TH902&biw=1440&bih=789&sxsrf=ALeKk03yX8Nb-dLkacajb5a15vlioOnA7Q%3A1621781475176&ei=42uqYL-lCrjG4-EPo7iO4As&oq=Thailand+covid+vaccinations++today&gs_lcp=Cgdnd3Mtd2l6EAM6BwgjELADECc6BwgAEEcQsAM6BggAEAcQHjoICAAQCBAHEB46BwgjELACECc6BAgAEA06CAgAEAgQDRAeOgUIABCRAjoCCAA6CggAEIcCELEDEBQ6BAghEApQpD9Y84IBYM6RAWgCcAJ4AIABwwGIAeQWkgEEOS4xNZgBAKABAaoBB2d3cy13aXrIAQnAAQE&sclient=gws-wiz&ved=0ahUKEwj_ouzlhuDwAhU44zgGHSOcA7wQ4dUDCA4&uact=5

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, kinyara said:

This is a thread about expats getting the vaccine in Pattaya, if you have trouble factually answering a very simple question no need to waste time going off on a complete tangent.

You offered up statistics on general population infection / death rates.  I narrowed it to a certain demographic of the community which shows it's deadly to them.

Given most expats here are retirees, that puts them in the most at risk group, which makes your general population stats irrelevant to expats living in Thailand.  

Edited by Leaver

8 hours ago, WaveHunter said:

The CCSA briefing for today (Sunday) is now online at:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ofF3lYJAcUE

• New information about virus variants detected in Thailand
  • New details concerning vaccination of Foreign Nationals @ 7:15
  • Details on registration if you do not currently have medical records at a hospital:
    • (2 Bangkok Hospitals are allowing online registration through their websites
    • other provincial hospitals outside of Bangkok will be designated for foreigners who do not have medical records in file at a hospital in upcoming days for on-site registration (possibly online as well) @ 8:58
  • On-site registration starts June 7 (not earlier) @10:15
  • Updated Stats on cases today @ 10:44
  • New travel restrictions went into effect May 21 for travel to Chiang Rai. 

Thanks for that.

I just listened starting 8:58 and I didn't hear in that what you wrote:

Details on registration if you do not currently have medical records at a hospital:

(2 Bangkok Hospitals are allowing online registration through their websites

other provincial hospitals outside of Bangkok will be designated for foreigners who do not have medical records in file at a hospital in upcoming days for on-site registration (possibly online as well) @ 8:58

What I heard.

If you don't have medical records at any hospital in BANGKOK, you can go to those two hospitals specified.

Great, but this topic is specifically about expat access in PATTAYA.

So where do expats in Pattaya go if they don't have a hospital with their records locally?

Referring to not those two in Bangkok, she only said (pretty vague):

"or any other facility that the council of university presidents has designated"

"this is just an example"

That doesn't say where (all over the rest of the country? / certainly doesn't promise anything specifically for Pattaya or the major province of Chonburi),  when (I didn't hear any reference to time frame at all), or online.

OK, I can see there is an example of a Bangkok option that has an online method. So I guess it is reasonable to assume that other future options in Pattaya will have a similar online method, but we really don't know.

I'm assuming that you wrote what you heard as IMPLIED by her words, and I can understand that, but I guess I feel what she said was very vague. In fact I remember the first time I heard that section before I read your take on it, that I groaned about how vague it was. 

Edited by Jingthing

6 minutes ago, kinyara said:

So do you agree you used a poor example unlikely to reflect reality in the timeframe you extrapolated ? 

No.  I used the figure of 100,000 per date to keep figures round.  

6 minutes ago, kinyara said:

Why not be more realistic in your projections ? 

I didn't make a prediction.

7 minutes ago, kinyara said:

What's with the false agenda ?

No agenda.  We are all waiting to see what Thailand's vaccination rate capability is.  

This was the first article from the link you posted.

https://www.dw.com/en/thailand-covid-vaccination/a-57599302

"Just over 1.5 million of Thailand's more than 66 million people have received at least one dose of a COVID-19 vaccine, mostly that of Sinovac Biotech. Those include medical workers or people with pre-existing health conditions."

• Sad 1

People: PLEASE limit comments here to be about practical information about vaccine access for Pattaya area expats. 

This is not a general vaccine or Covid-19 discussion topic.

Not all topics need to be about everything.

By posting away from the topic, the value of the information here for interested local Pattaya area expats seeking vaccines is degraded. 

There are other topics for other Covid-19 or vaccine info, or members can open their own new topics if not. 

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

People: PLEASE limit comments here to be about practical information about vaccine access for Pattaya area expats. 

By posting away from the topic, the value of the information here for interested local Pattaya area expats seeking vaccines is seriously degraded. 

There are other topics for other Covid-19 or vaccine info, or members can open their own new topics if not. 

I would have thought Thailand's vaccination rate to be on topic, as it relates to when expats will be able to be vaccinated.  

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

By posting away from the topic, the value of the information here for interested local Pattaya area expats seeking vaccines is degraded. 

You started a valuable thread that has been repeatedly hijacked and peppered with childish bickering.  

Please people get back on topic!!!!! If you don't know what it is go back to the heading!!!!!

Edited by CRUNCHER
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Leaver said:

I would have thought Thailand's vaccination rate to be on topic, as it relates to when expats will be able to be vaccinated.  

If Expats are not included it is not. 

13 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Thanks for that.

I just listened starting 8:58 and I didn't hear in that what you wrote:

What I heard.

If you don't have medical records at any hospital in BANGKOK, you can go to those two hospitals specified.

Great, but this topic is specifically about expat access in PATTAYA.

So where do expats in Pattaya go if they don't have a hospital with their records locally?

Referring to not those two in Bangkok, she only said (pretty vague):

"or any other facility that the council of university presidents has designated"

"this is just an example"

That doesn't say where (all over the rest of the country? / certainly doesn't promise anything specifically for Pattaya or the major province of Chonburi),  when (I didn't hear any reference to time frame at all), or online.

OK, I can see there is an example of a Bangkok option that has an online method. So I guess it is reasonable to assume that other future options in Pattaya will have a similar online method, but we really don't know.

I'm assuming that you wrote what you heard as IMPLIED by her words, and I can understand that, but I guess I feel what she said was very vague. In fact I remember the first time I heard that section before I read your take on it, that I groaned about how vague it was. 

I may have not made it clear but the CCSA Deputy Spokesman said that the "Council of University Presidents" were being charged with designating which hospitals throughout Thailand would be designated for foreigners to register at, if they do not have medical records on file at a hospital already. 

He may have made this remark in earlier briefing; honestly they all seem to blend together in my head becuase I watch these briefings every day, but he DID say it very clearly.

The point is, the Council of University Presidents have already designated the two hospitals in Bangkok BUT more designations for hospitals in ALL provinces can be expected to be announced (most likely in the CCSA daily briefings) in the upcoming days.

So, as everything has been in this whole Thai Covid saga, I guess we need to just be patient and stay tuned to the CCSA briefings for the latest developments from one day to the next. 

I think there's every reason to be optimistic that this will happen quickly.  I mean, the difference between how officials are handling the rollout for foreigners in the last week, compared to earlier, is markedly more concise, transparent, and aggressive.

Edited by WaveHunter
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, WaveHunter said:

So, as everything has been in this whole Thai Covid saga, I guess we need to just be patient and stay tuned to the CCSA briefings for the latest developments from one day to the next.  I think there's every reason to be optimistic that this will happen quickly.  I mean, the difference between how officials are handling the rollout for foreigners in the last week, compared to earlier, is markedly more aggressive.

Yeah, quite a saga isn't it? Looking back to the days of shortage for face masks/PPE/ventilators (not that longer ago, late 2020 if memory still serves) especially in the US when the then president pretty much washed his hands off the pandemic - "We're not responsible for this" - and let states and cities for weeks if not months fighting off one another over any available black market haul, I appreciate all the more the resilience and patience of the American people, somehow they muddled through the whole American Covid saga without breaking into civil wars (Jan 6 notwithstanding.)

And here and now a scattering of expats ready to jump off their View Talay high rise just because the Thai authorities are not quick enough to cater to "foreign nationals" dying (pun intended) wishes to get vaccinated as soon as yesterday, can't wait a minute longer, the hell with Thai own people and their ways of doing things.  Due respect to those who have decided to fly back to their 1st world countries where facilities and resources are mountains (meaning not just head and shoulder) above that of Thailand, and get vaccinated on their own schedule and choice of jab. If money can buy one's dignity, then it's well spent indeed.

2 hours ago, watthong said:

Yeah, quite a saga isn't it? Looking back to the days of shortage for face masks/PPE/ventilators (not that longer ago, late 2020 if memory still serves) especially in the US when the then president pretty much washed his hands off the pandemic - "We're not responsible for this" - and let states and cities for weeks if not months fighting off one another over any available black market haul, I appreciate all the more the resilience and patience of the American people, somehow they muddled through the whole American Covid saga without breaking into civil wars (Jan 6 notwithstanding.)

And here and now a scattering of expats ready to jump off their View Talay high rise just because the Thai authorities are not quick enough to cater to "foreign nationals" dying (pun intended) wishes to get vaccinated as soon as yesterday, can't wait a minute longer, the hell with Thai own people and their ways of doing things.  Due respect to those who have decided to fly back to their 1st world countries where facilities and resources are mountains (meaning not just head and shoulder) above that of Thailand, and get vaccinated on their own schedule and choice of jab. If money can buy one's dignity, then it's well spent indeed.

Well, what would you expect with a completely unprecedented pandemic such as this one has become?  In the beginning nobody had a clue how to deal with this.  There were no guidelines to follow so it's only natural a lot of mistakes would be made but in such a novel situation mistakes have to be made in order for progress to occur. 

I disagree strongly with your assessment of how the US mishandled this in the early days but let's not even go there since everyone is entitled to their opinion, and debating such things on a forum like this is like throwing gasoline on a fire.

As for how things are going with the rollout for foreigners here in Thailand, yeah a lot of us really freaked out in the last month or so, feeling like we were being ignored, but that's only natural amidst all the confusion and misinformation, much of which was spread by expats themselves through forums like this one.

If you follow the daily briefings from the CCSA, especially during the last week, it's clear that the needs of expats are very much in the minds of officials, and a lot of details are coming out every day to make things less and less confusing.

Just my personal take on it all.

So much for the government prioritising the vaccine rollout to take account of age and pre-existing medical conditions. It seems your best approach to getting an early shot in Pattaya is to simply go and hang around the various shopping malls all day, and hope for the best, lol.

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Guderian said:

your best approach to getting an early shot in Pattaya is to simply go and hang around the various shopping malls all day, and hope for the best, lol.

You will either get a shot or a dose?

8 hours ago, WaveHunter said:

I may have not made it clear but the CCSA Deputy Spokesman said that the "Council of University Presidents" were being charged with designating which hospitals throughout Thailand would be designated for foreigners to register at, if they do not have medical records on file at a hospital already. 

He may have made this remark in earlier briefing; honestly they all seem to blend together in my head becuase I watch these briefings every day, but he DID say it very clearly.

The point is, the Council of University Presidents have already designated the two hospitals in Bangkok BUT more designations for hospitals in ALL provinces can be expected to be announced (most likely in the CCSA daily briefings) in the upcoming days.

So, as everything has been in this whole Thai Covid saga, I guess we need to just be patient and stay tuned to the CCSA briefings for the latest developments from one day to the next. 

I think there's every reason to be optimistic that this will happen quickly.  I mean, the difference between how officials are handling the rollout for foreigners in the last week, compared to earlier, is markedly more concise, transparent, and aggressive.

Again, what you are saying in your post is not exactly the same as what was said on that video.

This topic is about seeking SPECIFIC information for Pattaya area expats seeking vaccinations. In many cases ASAP as many of us are indeed in high risk groups and we are in a higher risk of infection province. Many expats here live in densely populated areas, many live in high rises with elevators, they can't possibly eliminate all risk of infection with masks and distancing. 

I have no problem with optimism, but that's a psychological temperament kind of thing.

I'm trying to focus here much more on JUST THE FACTS MAN, and the truth is that we have no facts yet on that issue as they do in Bangkok, as to:

WHEN (will the specific Pattaya area hospitals be announced, assuming that will actually happen)?

WHICH (Pattaya area hospitals)?

ONLINE REGISTRATION OR NOT? 

Yes, we need to wait for more specific Pattaya area details that would actually be directly usable to Pattaya area expats, that yes, I would agree are more or less vaguely hinted at in the video. 

So yet again, it's yet another hurry up and wait situation. 

Edited by Jingthing

40 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Again, what you are saying in your post is not exactly the same as what was said on that video.

This topic is about seeking SPECIFIC information for Pattaya area expats seeking vaccinations. In many cases ASAP as many of us are indeed in high risk groups and we are in a higher risk of infection province. Many expats here live in densely populated areas, many live in high rises with elevators, they can't possibly eliminate all risk of infection with masks and distancing. 

I have no problem with optimism, but that's a psychological temperament kind of thing.

I'm trying to focus here much more on JUST THE FACTS MAN, and the truth is that we have no facts yet on that issue as they do in Bangkok, as to:

WHEN (will the specific Pattaya area hospitals be announced, assuming that will actually happen)?

WHICH (Pattaya area hospitals)?

ONLINE REGISTRATION OR NOT? 

Yes, we need to wait for more specific Pattaya area details that would actually be directly usable to Pattaya area expats, that yes, I would agree are more or less vaguely hinted at in the video. 

So yet again, it's yet another hurry up and wait situation. 

Well you've lived in Thailand long enough to know that things take more time to accomplish here and often involves a lot of contradictions and confusion until things finally make sense, but curiously in the end, things seem to work out well. 

I mean, this is the Magic KIngdom...they do things a little differently here than in Western countries ????

What I have said in my posts is precisely what I heard in the CCSA briefings, and most important point you should draw is that it is all a "work in progress" that involves mis-steps and corrections before a final plan actually emerges.

You simply have to wait for the Council of University Presidents to announce which hospitals in Pattay will be designated for foreigners to register who do not have medical records currently on file with a hospital.

A far simpler solution (I think) is  simply to make an appointment for something simple like a Flu shot at a local hospital of your choosing THIS WEEK and just go in and get the flu shot.  That way your records are in their system, and you can return there on June 7 to register for the Covid vaccination without concern for going to a designated hospital, becuase the current CCSA guidelines say that you can register at ANY hospital that holds your medical records.

Also, online registration seems to be possible, as I already touched on.  It seems that it depends on whether a specific hospital chooses to do it that way or not.  One of the Bangkok hospitals apparently is making that option available.

All I can say is just scrutinize the daily CCSA briefings every day because information comes out in little dribs and drabs, but it does come out consistently. 

Edited by WaveHunter

8 minutes ago, WaveHunter said:

Well you've lived in Thailand long enough to know that things take more time to accomplish here than in Western countries, or at least you should know that.

What I have said in my posts is precisely what I heard in the CCSA briefings.  You simply have to wait for the Council of University Presidents to announce which hospitals in Pattay will be designated for foreigners to register who do not have medical records currently on file with a hospital.

A far simpler solution (I think) is  simply to visit a local hospital of your choosing THIS WEEK and just make an appointment for something simple like a Flu shot.  That way when registration opens on June 7, you can go to that hospital to register without worrying which ones will be designated since the rules CLEARLY state that foreigners may register at ANY hospital for which their records are on file.

Also, online registration seems to be possible, as I already touched on.  It seems that it depends on whether a specific hospital chooses to do it that way or not.  One of the Bangkok hospitals apparently is making that option available.

All I can say is just have scrutinize the daily CCSA briefings every day because information comes out in dribs and drabs, but it does come out consistently. 

We'll just have to agree to disagree about what exactly was said or not said.

I do watch those briefings, just as you do. 

I think it was quite obvious that I was only talking about the subset that don't have records. 

Just as topics don't need to cover everything in the world, specific posts don't either.

Since you brought up the records thing, I have some comments on that.

We may have hospital I.D. cards from previous visits, but I wonder how long they keep us in their database if we haven't been there for years?

Will people have to re-register if their passport number or address changed? 

Can we really assume that ALL Pattaya area hospitals, public and private, will actually be participating in the national vaccine program? I don't recall it being explicitly stated that ALL hospitals in Thailand, public and private, will be participating. Do you know? 

I realize you used flu shot just as an example, but I would be careful about that one:

Should I mix the flu shot with the COVID-19 vaccine? | WOWK 13 News (wowktv.com)

13 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

We'll just have to agree to disagree about what exactly was said or not said.

I do watch those briefings, just as you do. 

I think it was quite obvious that I was only talking about the subset that don't have records. 

Just as topics don't need to cover everything in the world, specific posts don't either.

Since you brought up the records thing, I have some comments on that.

We may have hospital I.D. cards from previous visits, but I wonder how long they keep us in their database if we haven't been there for years?

Will people have to re-register if their passport number or address changed? 

Can we really assume that ALL Pattaya area hospitals, public and private, will actually be participating in the national vaccine program? I don't recall it being explicitly stated that ALL hospitals in Thailand, public and private, will be participating. Do you know? 

I realize you used flu shot just as an example, but I would be careful about that one:

Should I mix the flu shot with the COVID-19 vaccine? | WOWK 13 News (wowktv.com)

First an important distinction; we are talking about hospitals for registration, not for vaccination.  So, yes ANY hospital that holds your medical records can also allow you to register for vaccinations.

As for which hospitals will actually vaccinate foreigners, your guess is as good as mine.  I don't think that has been announced yet, bt I am sure it will be convenience for all no matter where they live.

I think you are just making this far more complicated and unpleasant on yourself than necessary.  You and I seem to be in the same boat...no medical records on file at a local hospital.

What are our options?

Option 1) Wait for the council to announce local area hospitals that will be designated for foreigners with no medical records on file.

OR

Option 2) Go to a hospital of your choosing right now and get something done; a check up, a flue shot, or whatever will get your records in their system so you don't even have to deal with Option 1.

Personally, I may do neither and just wait for private hospitals to make vaccines available to those willing to pay, even if I have to wait a while....but I don;t really think it will be that long of a wait.  The Association of Private Hospitals announced today in the news that they are moving forward with plans to order 5,000,00 doses (I think that was the amount they said) of Moderna through the GPO.

I think I will choose this route because the main reason I want to be vaccinated is so I can travel outside of Thailand, and a number of countries in the EU have announced that they will NOT allow  foreigners in who have been vaccinated with SinoVac.

I already had misgivings about SinoVac, but this is a new wrinkle that makes me want a Western vaccine all the more.

For the unvaccinated, even if you are in a high risk group, Thailand is still one of the safest countries in the world to be, so I feel comfortable waiting.

Edited by WaveHunter

1 hour ago, WaveHunter said:

First an important distinction; we are talking about hospitals for registration, not for vaccination.  So, yes ANY hospital that holds your medical records can also allow you to register for vaccinations.

As for which hospitals will actually vaccinate foreigners, your guess is as good as mine.  I don't think that has been announced yet, bt I am sure it will be convenience for all no matter where they live.

I think you are just making this far more complicated and unpleasant on yourself than necessary.  You and I seem to be in the same boat...no medical records on file at a local hospital.

What are our options?

Option 1) Wait for the council to announce local area hospitals that will be designated for foreigners with no medical records on file.

OR

Option 2) Go to a hospital of your choosing right now and get something done; a check up, a flue shot, or whatever will get your records in their system so you don't even have to deal with Option 1.

Personally, I may do neither and just wait for private hospitals to make vaccines available to those willing to pay, even if I have to wait a while....but I don;t really think it will be that long of a wait.  The Association of Private Hospitals announced today in the news that they are moving forward with plans to order 5,000,00 doses (I think that was the amount they said) of Moderna through the GPO.

I think I will choose this route because the main reason I want to be vaccinated is so I can travel outside of Thailand, and a number of countries in the EU have announced that they will NOT allow  foreigners in who have been vaccinated with SinoVac.

I already had misgivings about SinoVac, but this is a new wrinkle that makes me want a Western vaccine all the more.

For the unvaccinated, even if you are in a high risk group, Thailand is still one of the safest countries in the world to be, so I feel comfortable waiting.

Thanks for the clarification of your understanding about the difference between hospitals we can register at vs. hospitals that actually will give the shots.

It really hadn't occurred to me that it might be possible to register at a hospital for a vaccine that won't actually be giving them. I assumed it was location dependent.

We're not exactly in the same boat. That's perfectly OK.

I probably have some very old registrations at PIH and BPH done with my old passport number. Yes I need to try to find the old cards and contact the hospitals to check if I'm still in their system and if so about updating my passport. 

I want to avoid in person visits to possibly crowded hospitals as much as possible. 

I think according to Sheryl you don't really need to get anything done at a hospital to register yourself with your passport and address.

I definitely have a greater sense of urgency in getting jabs ASAP. Being high risk and I don't feel my living environment is the safest. 

I agree with you about Sinovac. I would reject that but my understanding is that they are trying to give AstraZeneca to people over 60.

I am perfectly OK with AstraZeneca and would not wait for another brand later if I can get that sooner.

Thailand has been among the safest but now multiple troubling variants have been confirmed as being here already. So nobody knows how this will develop here.

Edited by Jingthing

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSer1LCqmSoRGWJkrdH4PEHQXd_BnQ9_g6CM22VcCgceSSbGXg/viewform

If you have any specific questions, please submit in advance to Dan Schwartz via a comment on this Facebook post or by email to [email protected]
1.  The Covid-19 virus. What is required for it to survive and spread in human body.
2. Pandemics and how they were controlled in the past. Solutions for problem now facing mankind.  
3. Covid vaccines. Their research and development.
4. Some things you never knew about RNA vaccines. 
5. Nature of Virus vs Nature of Vaccine.
6. Vaccine passports for everyone.
7. Vaccine availability for expats in Thailand.
8. How to be safe from Covid before we get the vaccine....“Auto Vaccines”.
9. Get ready for post covid. Things that we have to prepare.
You can join the Zoom meeting or follow the discussion on Facebook.        Zoom Meeting ID: 878 2117 7654
Passcode: 297161

Edited by TaaSaparot

On 5/23/2021 at 3:24 AM, Mintyy said:

Considering flying to America just for Pfizer. If this new strain which was found in southern Thailand is resistant to the Chinese vaccine, it is time for some good ol made in the USA. 

BioNTech, the company that developed it, is German.  Most of the non-US vaccine is made in Belgium. 

Edited by shdmn

15 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Thanks for the clarification of your understanding about the difference between hospitals we can register at vs. hospitals that actually will give the shots.

It really hadn't occurred to me that it might be possible to register at a hospital for a vaccine that won't actually be giving them. I assumed it was location dependent.

We're not exactly in the same boat. That's perfectly OK.

I probably have some very old registrations at PIH and BPH done with my old passport number. Yes I need to try to find the old cards and contact the hospitals to check if I'm still in their system and if so about updating my passport. 

I want to avoid in person visits to possibly crowded hospitals as much as possible. 

I think according to Sheryl you don't really need to get anything done at a hospital to register yourself with your passport and address.

I definitely have a greater sense of urgency in getting jabs ASAP. Being high risk and I don't feel my living environment is the safest. 

I agree with you about Sinovac. I would reject that but my understanding is that they are trying to give AstraZeneca to people over 60.

I am perfectly OK with AstraZeneca and would not wait for another brand later if I can get that sooner.

Thailand has been among the safest but now multiple troubling variants have been confirmed as being here already. So nobody knows how this will develop here.

Hey no worries; this whole registration & roll-out process here in Thailand is about as confusing as it can possibly be...right now, but things are getting better by the day.  The key takeaway is simply that every hospital in the Kingdom that has your records can register you, but  I think the "free" vaccinations are only going be through designated hospitals and clinics.

I noticed the other day that people (Thai Nationals only) were being vaccinated outdoors along the Beach road in Jomtien!  So, I think once the main roll-out for foreigners begins, there are going to be a lot of locations for foreigners to actually receive their jabs.

My bottom-line opinion is that once vaccinations actually begin, the government rollout is going to become much more efficient and speedy than it may seem at this point.  I mean, government officials surely realize that the economic health of the country absolutely relies on this.  So, I think we are all going to be surprised (in a good way) starting next month.

I also think the option for us foreigners to receive Western versions like Moderna, Pfyzer, and J&J vaccinations through private hospitals is also going to become a reality faster than it may seem right now. ????

Edited by WaveHunter

1 minute ago, WaveHunter said:

Hey no worries; this whole registration & roll-out process here in Thailand is about as confusing as it can possibly be.  The key take-away is simply that every hospital in the Kingdom that has your records can register you, but  I think the "free" vaccinations are only ging be through designated hospitals and clinics.

I noticed the other day that people (Thai Nationals only) were being vaccinated outdoors along the Beach road in Jomtien!  SO, I think once the roll-out occurs beginning in June, there are going to be a lot of locations for foreigners to actually receive their jabs.

My bottom-line opinion is that once vaccinations actually begin, the government rollout is going to become much more efficient and speedy than it may seem at this point.  I mean, government officials surely realize that the economic health of the country absolutely relies on this.  So, I think we are all going to be surprised (in a good way) starting next month.

I also think the option for us foreigners to receive Western versions like Moderna, Pfyzer, and J&J vaccinations through private hospitals is also going to become a reality faster than it may seem right now. ????

OK your very optimistic predictions are on record.

Quite obviously, I don't share them.

Predictions don't really matter anyway.

We'll just have to see.