Expats getting a Covid-19 vaccine in Pattaya for dummies with emphasis on expats outside the Thai system

Jingthing

Well congratulations to those that succeeded. Less competition for us going forward. Of course we ALL have paste in templates by now!

Can you answer my question about NAME FORMAT?

Do they want the FIRST name in the upper name field and then the MIDDLE (if you have one) and LAST names in the lower name field? 

Edited by Jingthing

7 minutes ago, WaveHunter said:

Me too!  Like you said, now we wait for the Text message...sometime tomorrow (in case you missed that).

This time I started refreshing the page every second started at 8:59, and then I had all the information on a template so I could just paste it into the form (no typing).  I think it took all of 15 seconds to fill the thing out and hit the submit button.  The things we do to play this silly game LOL.

1393342709_snapshot_2021-07-13at9_07_30AM.jpg.c85c63198ce23d246c83f38feeed291f.jpg

Excellent!

So you had to copy and paste multiple times or just once?

1 minute ago, WaveHunter said:

Me too!  Like you said, now we wait for the Text message...sometime tomorrow (in case you missed that).

This time I started refreshing the page every second started at 8:59, and then I had all the information on a template so I could just paste it into the form (no typing).  I think it took all of 15 seconds to fill the thing out and hit the submit button.  The things we do to play this silly game LOL.

1393342709_snapshot_2021-07-13at9_07_30AM.jpg.c85c63198ce23d246c83f38feeed291f.jpg

Congrats, but let's not open the champagne until we get a confirmation SMS!

Damn, but I'm sure my blood pressure must have been 180/120 around 9:00, this is not healthy for me.

And that's another point - if we DO get an appointment, we still have to pass the BP check first.

8 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Well congratulations to those that succeeded. Less competition for us going forward. Of course we ALL have paste in templates by now!

Do they want the FIRST name in the upper name field and then the MIDDLE (if you have one) and LAST names in the lower name field? 

That is what I have been doing

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

That's what I did, though i can see the possibility for future confusion having two names in the surname field. Sorry, Mr. Johnsmith, but your passport says your surname is Smith, not Johnsmith, no vaccine for you.

1 minute ago, shortstop2 said:

That is what I have been doing

Thanks,  but it seems a bit weird, doesn't it?

Also did they change the format for birthday from yesterday from

DAY / MONTH / YEAR

to

MONTH / DAY / YEAR

???

Just now, Guderian said:

That's what I did, though i can see the possibility for future confusion having two names in the surname field. Sorry, Mr. Johnsmith, but your passport says your surname is Smith, not Johnsmith, no vaccine for you.

Exactly and not comforting with the lost in translation issues here.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, shortstop2 said:

Lost lots of time on the Calendar

For birthday? I didn't even use the calendar, you can just manually type in your birthday. 

I was able to successfully pre-register but I'd be surprised if I actually get an SMS as I'm more than a bit under 60, even though I have one of the health conditions listed.

Edited by Ohyesuare

22 minutes ago, shortstop2 said:

Not me. Too late submitting at 9:04.  I stumbled around with the Calendar

Try again tomorrow but have all the information on a note so you can just copy/paste it into the form which saves time and also assures you entered correct spelling, etc.  I think if you do not get it submitted in less than one minute after 9am, you lose, so open page at 8:59am and refresh the page every couple of seconds until the link appears.  For me, the link at the bottom of the page appeared at 09:00:05.

Here are the fields:

PhyaThai1.thumb.jpg.a201f3b9e78db08b6da0b6db3366352e.jpg

PhyaThai2.thumb.jpg.67906fb3d7b6f2f7b5245269b604767b.jpg

Edited by WaveHunter
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, WaveHunter said:

Try again tomorrow but have all the information on a note so you can just copy/paste it into the form which saves time and also assures you entered correct spelling, etc.  I think if you do not get it submitted in less than one minute after 9am, you lose.

Here are the fields:

PhyaThai1.thumb.jpg.a201f3b9e78db08b6da0b6db3366352e.jpg

PhyaThai2.thumb.jpg.67906fb3d7b6f2f7b5245269b604767b.jpg

Another time-saver which I used was to put ONLY the Thai postal address in, and not to embellish it at all.

I live in a house, so I'd usually also add the village name plus the nearest big street, one of the Thepprasit side-streets in my case. I dropped all that and just used

House Number (MN/PQR)

Moo Number XY

and then the tambon/amphoe/changwat, so the address simply became

MN/PQR Moo XY

Nongprue

Banglamung

Chonburi

That's enough for the postman and the form accepted it, so don't bother with village or condo names or street names, just keep to the bare minimum as it's all about saving precious seconds.

Edited by Guderian
  • Like 2

50 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Yes, ditto.

Got in quickly. 

Submitted my form.

Another FAIL.

Play again tomorrow, suckers?

The pattern now at least seems to show they aren't opening it up until 9 AM and that they did open it at about that time. 

So probably no need to start refreshing like a maniac at 8 AM?

I'm actually impressed with PhyaThai.  They admitted there were issues yesterday and they were going to fix them, and it seems like they did.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Guderian said:

Congrats, but let's not open the champagne until we get a confirmation SMS!

Damn, but I'm sure my blood pressure must have been 180/120 around 9:00, this is not healthy for me.

And that's another point - if we DO get an appointment, we still have to pass the BP check first.

LOL...yeah it was kind of exciting this morning.  Glad it worked out for those lucky enough to get the magic email, now the next hurdle...the text message.

Regarding "passing" BP test prior to getting vaccinated.  I've heard a lot of "rumors" about people not being allowed to get vaccination based on high BP,.  HOWEVER, I have not heard of any verified reports of that happening, and think it might just be false. 

I mean, one of the high risk criteria for getting vaccinated early is heart conditions, so I can't imagine this rumor is actually true. 

Fact is, even though I have normal BP,  I have "White Coat Syndrome" and everytime I get measured at the doctor, my BP is always high, and then when they say they need to retest me, that makes it stay high LOL! 

I think most medical professionals understand all of this, and these rumors are probably nothing but unless it's so high that you are in cardiac crisis or something.

Edited by WaveHunter
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, WaveHunter said:

LOL...yeah it was kind of exciting this morning.  Glad it worked out for those lucky enough to get the magic email, now the next hurdle...the text message.

Regarding "passing" BP test prior to getting vaccinated.  I've heard a lot of "rumors" about people not being allowed to get vaccination based on high BP,.  HOWEVER, I have not heard of any verified reports of that happening, and think it might just be false. 

I mean, one of the high risk criteria for getting vaccinated early is heart conditions, so I can't imagine this rumor is actually true. 

I mean, even though I have normal BP,  I have "White Coat Syndrome" and everytime I get measured at the doctor, my BP is always high LOL!

At Phyathai 2 it was set pretty high 180/?.......but I imagine they would let you settle down and retest a few times rather than just refuse point blank.

1 hour ago, shortstop2 said:

Excellent!

So you had to copy and paste multiple times or just once?

Well, you have to copy/past each field individually, but a lot faster and less prone to making spelling mistakes than manually typing everything in under pressure to submit it ASAP.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Surelynot said:

At Phyathai 2 it was set pretty high 180/?.......but I imagine they would let you settle down and retest a few times rather than just refuse point blank.

I know this might sound lame, but one way to reduce your blood pressure very quickly is to abstain from eating any sort of carbohydrates (especially refined sugars and processed foods, and especially salt for 48-72 hours before blood pressure testing.

I practice periodic fasting and everytime I do it, I see a marked drop in blood pressure after Day 2....every single time, I swear!

Edited by WaveHunter
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

I was wondering about that too.  For name I just put my first and last name, and then for surname I did exactly as they showed; middle name and last name..

2 minutes ago, WaveHunter said:

I know this might sound lame, but one way to reduce your blood pressure very quickly is to abstain from eating any sort of carbohydrates (especially refined sugars and processed foods, and especially salt for 48-72 hours before blood pressure testing.

I practice periodic fasting and everytime I do it, I see a marked drop in blood pressure after Day 2....every single time, I swear!

I'm a bit of a boozer so if I get an SMS with a confirmed appointment date then I'll lay off the beer until the day and for a few days after. Alcohol weakens your immune system anyway and to get the maximum benefit from the vaccine it's best not to be drinking. Stopping the beer for a week will also cut down a lot of the carbs I consume every day, lol.

54 minutes ago, WaveHunter said:

I was wondering about that too.  For name I just put my first and last name, and then for surname I did exactly as they showed; middle name and last name..

That sounds like it may be wrong to me.

I'm curious what other people are doing with that.

Perhaps when they say name it's the Thai custom of saying Mr. Dave when  Dave is the first name.

But I really don't know. I think its a very confusing design showing the didn't bother to get feedback from  a westerner.

Breaking this down the first field just says name.

If that was the only name field we would just put our full name, first, middle, last.

But the next field says SURNAME!

That implies that they don’t want the last name in the first field.

Surname is the same thing as last name!

It also says include middle and last name there.

The way you did it why would they want your last name TWICE?!?

Edited by Jingthing

On 5/1/2021 at 3:34 AM, Swiss1960 said:

Lot of whining about your personal situation... some facts:

• the situation for the Thai people is the same. While they can sign-up using the app, it is completely unclear how they will get selected, when they might get their shot and which vaccine will be used for them. Here you go, you are in the same boat as the Thai - which you obviously don't like...
  • not having a Thai-ID is a deliberate choice of yours. I personally have a Thai-ID, but I am also outside the SS system, never worked in Thailand. Takes a bit of time and energy, but it seems you never invested that time and energy to get your pink ID card. The ID is a valid ID which I used to open bank accounts, get SIM cards, register in apps, all without the need of my home country passport.
  • both Bumrungrad in Bangkok as well as Bangkok Hospital Pattaya have informed me through mail (as I am registered as patient with both) , that I can sign up for the Thai government vaccine program, BUT the same way as the Thai people: No choice of the vaccine that will be used, priority given through health status and age same as the Thai people. So you should stop whining and go to the next private hospital and sign up for the vaccine program, they will tell you exactly how and what and when and where.
  • Finally, your lack of information seems to be a lack of looking. If you would sign up in Facebook to the group "PR Thai Government" (https://www.facebook.com/watch/thailandprd/), you would find a lot of official information, including information about how to register for the vaccination program through the line app "mor prom", nearby hospitals, village health volunteers or "health promotion hospitals"

just hanging around waiting and whining will not do you any good

Took the words out my mouth. Some here have a ridiculous feeling of entitlement. 

On 7/12/2021 at 9:48 AM, Jingthing said:

So what is this message supposed to mean?

Does it (or does it not) suggest they will inviting us to play this nutty game EVERY morning of the so called open pre-registration period?

Really, I don't know.

It says to go back to the site tomorrow! For what?!?

Thais citizens have the same issue. There are many people wanting vaccines, be patient. You could always go to your own country if you can't accept the Thai policy. 

2 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Thais citizens have the same issue. There are many people wanting vaccines, be patient. You could always go to your own country if you can't accept the Thai policy. 

This topic is about expats. 

This topic is about local access.

In my view you're only here to heckle.

Most unhelpful!

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

18 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

That sounds like it may be wrong to me.

I'm curious what other people are doing with that.

Perhaps when they say name it's the Thai custom of saying Mr. Dave when  Dave is the first name.

But I really don't know. I think its a very confusing design showing the didn't bother to get feedback from  a westerner.

Breaking this down the first field just says name.

If that was the only name field we would just put our full name, first, middle, last.

But the next field says SURNAME!

That implies that they don’t want the last name in the first field.

Surname is the same thing as last name!

It also says include middle and last name there.

The way you did it why would they want your last name TWICE?!?

The best thing to do here is omit the middle name or put it/them after the first name. I have 2 middle names and in other forms this is the better way.