Expats getting a Covid-19 vaccine in Pattaya for dummies with emphasis on expats outside the Thai system

Jingthing

1 hour ago, Kaoboi Bebobp said:

@Jingthing @WaveHunterRe proof of full vaccination from Phyathai. A friend got his second AZ jab there. He got an A4 size  piece of confirmation paper, on which was all the details of his shots and a QR code (<<important!). After shooting the QR code, it took him to a MoPH web site with his personal vaccination record -- remember we all got a 13-digit Thai ID. It is displayed as a green compact record -- he showed it to me. You can do a screen snap shot and save it on your phone, plus you can print it out. 

I will check with him tonight to see if I left anything out.

Really?  The QR Code on my confirmation paper from PhyaThai (from my first jab) only promps me to call a phone number.

1 hour ago, VaccineHunter said:

Yes they will and its the recovery aread as you mentioned..  Btw I just flew to Europe and they wanted to see the yellow vaccination booklet at the BKK airport.check in... Not the hospital paper. Just for your information

Thanks for the tip VaccineHunter thats what we suspected might be the case. So next battle is the Yellow Card,

17 minutes ago, WaveHunter said:

Really?  The QR Code on my confirmation paper from PhyaThai (from my first jab) only promps me to call a phone number.

I've scanned/copied the paper and transferred in onto my phone ..... at least then you can show people the time , date and where you received your jab ....  that cheap piece of paper that they issued will not last  five minute been pulled out of my wallet a few times.

52 minutes ago, banglay said:

I've scanned/copied the paper and transferred in onto my phone ..... at least then you can show people the time , date and where you received your jab ....  that cheap piece of paper that they issued will not last  five minute been pulled out of my wallet a few times.

Again, my point.  When I opened the QR code through my camera, it only showed a phone number to call.  It was not a link to the MOPH site at all.  to be clear, my paper was for the first jab.  Maybe you are referring to the paper for the second jab??

19 minutes ago, WaveHunter said:

Again, my point.  When I opened the QR code through my camera, it only showed a phone number to call.  It was not a link to the MOPH site at all.  to be clear, my paper was for the first jab.  Maybe you are referring to the paper for the second jab??

Yeah ! the appointment for the second Jab..  it's got all the info on it .... which vaccine you got   ,lot & serial No's   . time and who administered it and your ref number from either the bar code or QR code

Edited by banglay

2 hours ago, WaveHunter said:

That number is your 13 digit Thai ID -- if it starts with a 6xxxxxxxxxxxx. Not a phone number. At least my QR code, when opened, shows my ID from my first jab report. (It does indeed say call, a faulty phone instruction, I'm guessing.) As I said my friend's QR code for his SECOND jab leads to the MoPH record of his FULL vaccination. I don't know any more than that since it's not my online vax report. 

Edited by Kaoboi Bebobp

16 hours ago, Kaoboi Bebobp said:

That number is your 13 digit Thai ID -- if it starts with a 6xxxxxxxxxxxx. Not a phone number. At least my QR code, when opened, shows my ID from my first jab report. (It does indeed say call, a faulty phone instruction, I'm guessing.) As I said my friend's QR code for his SECOND jab leads to the MoPH record of his FULL vaccination. I don't know any more than that since it's not my online vax report. 

I did think it was a rather long number to be a phone # LOL!  But, all that happens when I take snapshot of the QR code is i get this pop up on my phone and when I click it, it attempts to make a phone call to that number. ????

If I go to the MOPH website address indicated at the bottom of the piece of paper:

All I get is a log-in page written in Thai, so I'm not sure if it's even somethingI can fill out.  I tried using that ID number, my name and email.  That didn't work.

312351690_ScreenShot2021-07-29at6_42_31PM.jpg.a570ca883f7468ef082c07905754c2e8.jpg

So...as usual, nothing in Thailand works as you'd expect ????. If you find out anything more, please post.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, Harry2 said:

Thanks for the tip VaccineHunter thats what we suspected might be the case. So next battle is the Yellow Card,

Exactly - they clearly were looking for the yellow card and during these days one cannot have enough such official looking document. I am for once I am glad I spent the extra few minutes altough I noticed that the doctor made a mistake and entered the same dates twice into the certificate but different batch numbers.. but since am getting two MRNA shots on top anyways with another update in my booklet it doesn't matter that much.. just shows one cannot trust anybody out here.. ????

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, VaccineHunter said:

Exactly - they clearly were looking for the yellow card and during these days one cannot have enough such official looking document. I am for once I am glad I spent the extra few minutes altough I noticed that the doctor made a mistake and entered the same dates twice into the certificate but different batch numbers.. but since am getting two MRNA shots on top anyways with another update in my booklet it doesn't matter that much.. just shows one cannot trust anybody out here.. ????

So, you guys have piqued my interest in knowing more about the "yellow card" (especially @VaccineHunter), so I've been doing some research to learn more, and thought I'd share what I've learned so far.

Worldwide, it's also referred to as the "Carte Jaune", and it is a universally accepted "medical passport" issued by the World Health Organizaiton specifically for documenting diseases ranging from cholera and yellow fever to childhood illness suches such as rubella.  However, there is one little problem in regard to Covid.

There seems to not be much acceptance of it for documenting Covid vaccination at this point in time by airlines and by governments worldwide.

The main reason is simply that the vaccines are so new, and also the fact that the Yellow Card has no security features and there is o way for airlines or governments to vaildate the cards through a centralized database.

Furthermore, there's no agreement on whether proof of having received the coronavirus vaccine should even be required for travel, and this is becoming a very hotly contested ehtical debate.

A number of proposals are being made to create a universally accepted "Covid Passport".  The International Air Transport Association (IATA) is promoting a vaccine passport called the IATA Travel Pass.   The World Economic Forum and the Commons Project Foundation, a Swiss nonprofit group, are testing a digital immunity passport called CommonPass.

Late in 2020, IDEMIA, an online identity-management company, unveiled a broader technology solution called Augmented Borders that would allow you to scan the chip in your passport and use your mobile phone as a proxy passport. Such a system could also contain your immunization records, but adoption may be months away.

The big problem with all vaccination passport schemes is validity.  Vaccination cards have no security and no way to be validated.  Most governments do not have the infrastructure to have an effective, reliable database that airlines and governemnt immigration officials could check.

The real problem though is not how to document vaccination, but whether or not it should be a requirement for travel.  That's becoming a very hot debate topic lately.

So what will the end game be?  Airlines can require a coronavirus vaccine because they are private companies. Countries may also make vaccination a requirement for crossing their borders, but therer are legitimate ethical concerns that many people have against this.

Personally I am in favor of some sort of a vaccine poassport for Covid, but many are not.  What's your opinion? 

Edited by WaveHunter
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, WaveHunter said:

For those who are unaware...

1.5 million doses of Pfizer vaccine, donated by the United States arrived in Thailand TODAY, 30 July. The US embassy is supposed to hold a press briefing about it sometime today.

Another 1 million doses have also been comitted to be donated by the US later.

There are approximately 40,000 US expats living in the Kingdom.  Out of 1.5 million donated doses, every single US expat should be vaccinated form those donated doses, considering that their tax dollars helped pay for them!

How many will actually be vaccinated with the Pfizer vaccines their tax dollars helped pay for?  Thai authorities "claim" that 150,000 doses will be given to foreign residents in high risk groups.  That would mean that EVERY SINGLE high risk US Expat should be receiving full vaccinations from the donated Pfizer vaccines.

That should happen IMMEDIATELY RIGHT HERE IN PATTAYA with no further delays or dodgy games that have been going on for weeks now with foreigner registration!

The US needs to steps in and oversee that the Thai authorities actually "walk the walk" instead of just "talking the talk"

Should but keeping it real won't.

I love the way the US Embassy side-stepped the big question on all expat's minds this morning with the arrival of 1.5 million donated doses of Pfyzer vaccine:

"...Our vaccines do not come with strings attached. We are doing this with the singular objective of saving lives and with the full knowledge that none of us are safe until all of us are safe. As such, we are happy to hear the Royal Thai Government has committed to distributing these vaccines equitably to all residents of Thailand and to prioritizing those most at risk. ..."

Yeah right! Just another diplomatically worded message for "same-same"!  Just allow the Thai authorities to continue "talking the talk", but not "walking the walk".

Even though 1.5 million doses of donated Pfyzer have arrived in Thailand today, donated with tax dollars paid by US expat citizens living here in Thailand like me, and even though there are less that 40,000 U.S. expats living in the Kingdom right now, I doubt very many of us will see any of those donated doses going into our arms!

Edited by WaveHunter
  • Like 1

A Fiippina working at BNH in Bangkok called offering me a August 2nd appointment but told her I was already vaccinated,

So I managed to snag 3 appointments and cancelled 2 of them well in advance.  

Edited by shortstop2

The Thailand Intervac site https://www.thailandintervac.com/ has two fresh new registration forms for BNH Hospital in Bangkok and Samithivej Sriracha Hospital, Chonburi. MedPark is also active but says "This form is currently unavailable!"

And like the link from JT above, Samithivej strictly states the offering is ONLY for first time inoculations. And both are still restricted to people over 60 OR with underlying diseases

Edited by Kaoboi Bebobp
More details
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Kaoboi Bebobp said:

The Thailand Intervac site https://www.thailandintervac.com/ has two fresh new registration forms for BNH Hospital in Bangkok and Samithivej Sriracha Hospital, Chonburi. MedPark is also active but says "This form is currently unavailable!"

Registered through the BNH site but got this mail in return (I'm under 60 and no serious underlying conditions):

a.JPG

• Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

News Flash!

Another expat registration site!

https://complaint.consular.go.th/index.php?r=frvc

Could this finally be the one?

It's hilariously titled complaint. You couldn't make that up. What were they thinking?

These are registrations for I don’t know when and I don't know where.

I read a source that the brand will be Pfizer. Ohh la la. 

High risk priorities apply but I think this is open for younger ages. Not sure if that means over 18 or what the specific cut off is.

Will this eventually supercede the Intervac hospital link registration scheme? As if I would know. 

Note! For first doses only! Don't even think of trying this to start with your second dose. They've got your number. Literally!

Past vaccination record is stored in the medical database. Should medical record show previous COVID-19 vaccinations, you will be denied inoculation on-site.

Tried it as soon as you posted it. Wanted my email address, which I gave, and then said "E-mail sent, please check your e-mail". 

So far, nothing.

Yesterday we (myself, the wife and several members of her family) all received an SMS informing us that the Moderna vaccine that we had pre-paid for at a private hospital in Chachoengsao would not be available and asked if we wanted a refund (duh).

In case of yes they require a copy of passport/Thai ID card and a copy of the bank book for the account used for the transfer. Seems really secure, no chance of ID theft at all!

At this point in time I would be more than willing to return to the old country for a prolonged stay but it's not possible for the Mrs to get a visa due to Covid restrictions (closure of the visa center).

What an absolute manure show...:shock1:

Edited by Phoenix Rising
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Phoenix Rising said:

Tried it as soon as you posted it. Wanted my email address, which I gave, and then said "E-mail sent, please check your e-mail". 

So far, nothing.

Yesterday we (myself, the wife and several members of her family) all received an SMS informing us that the Moderna vaccine that we had pre-paid for at a private hospital in Chachoengsao would not be available and asked if we wanted a refund (duh).

In case of yes they require a copy of passport/Thai ID card and a copy of the bank book for the account used for the transfer. Seems really secure, no chance of ID theft at all!

At this point in time I would be more than willing to return to the old country for a prolonged stay but it's not possible for the Mrs to get a visa due to closure of the visa center.

What else would you expect here in the Magic Kingdom where nothing is real and everything is just an illusion?  It's all just a crapshoot.  Just keep playing the game.  Sooner or later the luck of the draw will be on your side.

Edited by WaveHunter
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, WaveHunter said:

What else would you expect here in the Magic Kingdom where nothing is real and everything is just an illusion?  It's all just a crapshoot.  Just keep playing the game.  Sooner or later the luck of the draw will be on your side.

After 28 years in Thailand I never expected anything else and will keep playing the game. I just hope it doesn't get too ugly before it gets better because this is like the perfect storm; Massive amounts of sick people gradually but surely overwhelming the health system, millions of people out of work or not being able to work thus not having enough money for basic needs, deep political tensions ready to explode......it could get very bad.

40 minutes ago, Phoenix Rising said:

What an absolute manure show...

I'm not sure how absolute it is.

41 minutes ago, Phoenix Rising said:

. . . asked if we wanted a refund (duh). . . . . Seems really secure, no chance of ID theft at all!

Seems you'd have a better case if they didn't offer the refund or you don't receive it, perhaps owing to theft by a bank employee (our fave culprit). You could also just refuse the refund as a matter of perverse pride.

2 hours ago, Jingthing said:

News Flash!

Another expat registration site!

Could this finally be the one?

It's hilariously titled complaint. You couldn't make that up. What were they thinking?

These are registrations for I don’t know when and I don't know where.

I read a source that the brand will be Pfizer. Ohh la la. 

High risk priorities apply but I think this is open for younger ages. Not sure if that means over 18 or what the specific cut off is.

Will this eventually supercede the Intervac hospital link registration scheme? As if I would know. 

Note! For first doses only! Don't even think of trying this to start with your second dose. They've got your number. Literally!

Past vaccination record is stored in the medical database. Should medical record show previous COVID-19 vaccinations, you will be denied inoculation on-site.

How’d you find out about this?  Just curious

1 hour ago, Phoenix Rising said:

After 28 years in Thailand I never expected anything else and will keep playing the game. I just hope it doesn't get too ugly before it gets better because this is like the perfect storm; Massive amounts of sick people gradually but surely overwhelming the health system, millions of people out of work or not being able to work thus not having enough money for basic needs, deep political tensions ready to explode......it could get very bad.

I'm afraid you could be right on all fronts.  Things seem to be heating up into what could very easily turn into the "perfect storm", not just with the virus, but politically, socially, and economically. 

I really think this coming month is going to be pivotal for Thailand's future, and largely based on whether or not the powers-that-be are able to start delivering on promises made, because only reassuring words are just not going to cut it anymore.  There are just too many people (both Thai and non-thai) that are reaching a boiling point with all of the nonsense that's been going on this year.

I hope things get better but in case they don't it's probably not a bad idea to have an exit plan.

Edited by WaveHunter
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, thaitero said:

New site ( soon to be opened)

https://expatvac.consular.go.th/

Do you have any additional info on it? My head is spinning from all the websites I've visited and tried to register on but will just have to keep on trying until I'm successful, dead or repatriated.

Anyone else tried to register on the website JT posted a link to earlier and if so, did you get a reply? I didn't.

1 hour ago, Phoenix Rising said:

Do you have any additional info on it? My head is spinning from all the websites I've visited and tried to register on but will just have to keep on trying until I'm successful, dead or repatriated.

Only "info" (hearsay) i have that this site should be active starting beginning of august.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Phoenix Rising said:

So far, nothing.

At this point in time I would be more than willing to return to the old country for a prolonged stay but it's not possible for the Mrs to get a visa due to Covid restrictions (closure of the visa center).

Same for me, registered this morning but no email as of yet.