Expats getting a Covid-19 vaccine in Pattaya for dummies with emphasis on expats outside the Thai system

Jingthing

BTW did you guys see this on TNR twitter, shows how bad our situ in PTY is becoming:

“Due to the severe COVID-19 current outbreak, Bangkok Hospital Pattaya OPD Night Clinic is temporarily closed until further notice. We will only provide service for critically ill patients”

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Harry2 said:

BTW did you guys see this on TNR twitter, shows how bad our situ in PTY is becoming:

“Due to the severe COVID-19 current outbreak, Bangkok Hospital Pattaya OPD Night Clinic is temporarily closed until further notice. We will only provide service for critically ill patients”

Harry thanks for keeping us on track, thats exactly what we all should be worried about and getting vaccinated is one big step towards adressing that issue. Congrats to all of us who braved many bureacratic hurdles, misleading information and persevered to get their shot!

• Like 2

12 hours ago, VaccineHunter said:

Harry thanks for keeping us on track, thats exactly what we all should be worried about and getting vaccinated is one big step towards adressing that issue. Congrats to all of us who braved many bureacratic hurdles, misleading information and persevered to get their shot!

Yep the way Delta is spreading here in PTY as well as across the broader country I am v glad to be even half vaccinated. Back in May when I began chasing vaccine leads my motivation was primarily to get a 'vaccine passport' & start travelling again, but now with Delta it turns out the most important aspect will be added health protection. 

6 hours ago, Harry2 said:

Yep the way Delta is spreading here in PTY as well as across the broader country I am v glad to be even half vaccinated. Back in May when I began chasing vaccine leads my motivation was primarily to get a 'vaccine passport' & start travelling again, but now with Delta it turns out the most important aspect will be added health protection. 

Totally agree, even the limited vaccine choices in Thailand all protect reasonably well from hospitalization and death and in our case: extortion from private Hospitals! Plus they facilitate international travel so there is really no downside whatsoever in my view. ????

• Like 1

On 7/25/2021 at 1:53 PM, redwood1 said:

Actually they were lucky in 1918......They did not have to be bombarded 24/7 with covid on T.V and the internet....Plus it was over pretty fast in spite of only a tiny fraction of the world ever getting a vax...

The 1918 Spanish flu that was "over pretty fast" was recognized to have run from February 1918 to April 1920, infecting 500 million people during those 26 months and killing anything between 20 and 50 million.

The current coronavirus pandemic is only about 16 months old and so far has claimed and estimated 4.16 million lives.

Beyond that, any comparison between the two events is totally irrelevant.

11 hours ago, WaveHunter said:

Lucky? It was over pretty fast?  A tiny fraction received vaccination back then?  You seriously need to a better student of history; you are so wrong on all counts!  There was no vaccine available back then to fight the virus.  Over 50 million people died. No single event in the history of the planet represented more loss of human life.  They were lucky?  Just what planet do you live on where that could be considered "lucky"?

Right now people should be majorly concerned about Covid, and considering how many people simply ignore the problem and don't follow the rules of safety, and think it will just go away on its' own need to be "be bombarded 24/7" with the message of just how serious this situation really is.

As the saying goes, "Those who do not learn history are doomed to repeat it."

Totally agree with your rebuttal and thanks for pushing back against misinformation and cynical ignorance! You and me had different viewpoints and perspectives in the past and probably will in the future but such statements make me sick to my stomach and I appreciate you calling them out. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Can Pattaya residents over 60 get vaccine at Bang Sue, or must you be read ident in Bangkok?

Officially, no.

ThailandIntervac.com : The Office of International Cooperation, Department of Disease Control ,Ministry of Public Health Thailand

Vaccination registration for foreign residents aged 60 and over ONLY (born in 1961 or before) residing in Bangkok and neighboring provinces (Nakhon Pathom, Nonthaburi, Pathum Thani, Samut Prakarn, Samut Sakhon) 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Can Pattaya residents over 60 get vaccine at Bang Sue, or must you be read ident in Bangkok?

Must be resident. Had a 62yo friend from Pattaya try yesterday. Got turned away at checkin.

• Like 1

A long rambling off topic post has been removed:

Expats getting a Covid-19 vaccine in Pattaya for dummies with emphasis on expats outside the Thai system

15 hours ago, VaccineHunter said:

Totally agree with your rebuttal and thanks for pushing back against misinformation and cynical ignorance! You and me had different viewpoints and perspectives in the past and probably will in the future but such statements make me sick to my stomach and I appreciate you calling them out. 

Yes, we certainly had our difference of opinion from time to time, but I think that is usually a good thing to have varying opinions, as long as they are debated intelligently and without personal malice (something that's often a rarity on this board...LOL).

I love a good debate!  Seriously I do.  It's usually a great way to test out your ideas and see if they stand up to the test.  Sometimes I come away knowing I'm right, and sometimes...well, not so much.  It's hard to admit when you're wrong but sometimes you just have to admit it.  How else do your learn?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, rhodie said:

Must be resident. Had a 62yo friend from Pattaya try yesterday. Got turned away at checkin.

2 hours ago, Neeranam said:

Had he registered?

From a news story at Thai PBS yesterday, starting Aug. 1 it's registration only. The PBS story does not refer to resident restrictions. But you might have to wait until they open up the Bang Sue registration form to see if the inoculations are restricted to Bangkok and vicinity:

Walk-in vaccination at Bangkok’s Bang Sue Grand Station to end on July 31st

Edited by Kaoboi Bebobp
Details
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/24/2021 at 6:13 PM, Kaoboi Bebobp said:

Took about a day and a half but I just received the MedPark acknowledgment of my cancellation request. Feels like a template message. But If I've indeed been removed, they are just covering for all communication gaps and variables. In any case, well done MedPark. 

If anyone needs to contact Medpark here is a good email addy to use:

[email protected]

News flash.

Are you a high risk.patient at Bangkok Pattaya  Hospital?

Meaning over 60 and or certain conditions.

If so I can report with confidence  that they now have an allotment of government program AstraZeneca. 

However, at this point it's limited access as follows.

On record with risks

By reference from your doctor that knows you. Perhaps not necessary but helps.

Insidet connections. Not necessary but helps.

They are actively calling such people and telling them to come on in.

Not sure if for registration or jabs on the spot.

You can wait for a call or if you think you qualify you can try to call them or perhaps contact your doctor there.

Good luck.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

News flash.

If so I can report with confidence  that they now have an allotment of government program AstraZeneca. 

However,.at this point it's limited access as follows.

On record with risks

By reference from your doctor that knows you.

You can wait for a call or if you think you qualify you can try to call them or perhaps contact your doctor there.

Good luck.

Hopefully BHP will handle it better this time than they did on their last abysmal attempt.  They kind of blew their credibility in a big way the last time around ????

Edited by WaveHunter

1 minute ago, WaveHunter said:

Hopefully BHP will handle it better this time than they did on their last abysmal attempt.  They kind of blew their credibility the last time around ????

Well it seems at this point it's by personal invitation so that's a different approach.

3 hours ago, banglay said:

Jus

Heads Up  

as at 09:20 28/07    open and taking booking .. Good luck folks ????

BNH Hospital, Bangkok

Pre-registration: https://form.jotform.com/212021330826441

Date of vaccination: 2-31 August 2021 (except weekends and holidays)

I am below 60, just, damn it.

34 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Well it seems at this point it's by personal invitation so that's a different approach.

Personally I think PhyaThai set the standard on how it SHOULD be done.  IMO, it could not have been handled any better.  I know I said it before, but I was impressed beyond my wildest expectation by how they handled things.  AL the other hospitals should take note.

Edited by WaveHunter
  • Like 2

51 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

News flash.

However, at this point it's limited access as follows.

On record with risks

By reference from your doctor that knows you. Perhaps not necessary but helps.

Insidet connections. Not necessary but helps.

Good luck.

Just had the Mrs call her Dr in BHP but unfortunately she's not working today. She did ask the 1719 operator if they now had an allotment of vaccines available but she said no.

9 minutes ago, Phoenix Rising said:

Just had the Mrs call her Dr in BHP but unfortunately she's not working today. She did ask the 1719 operator if they now had an allotment of vaccines available but she said no.

As I said they are actively calling people. That's definite. But this might be about registration for later jabs.

Heads up Pattaya folks:

This is a new addition today, I think, to the Thailand Intervac site: Synphaet Serirak Hospital, Chonburi (The pre-registration system will be announced soon). I've never heard of this one and I could not find it on a map. 

Edited by Kaoboi Bebobp
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Phoenix Rising said:

It's a national holiday today which I did not know until I walked 20 minutes to the bank and found they were closed.

Happy Birthday to King Maha Vajiralongkorn Phra Vajiraklaochaoyuhua (Rama X) ????

Edited by WaveHunter

Registration for COVID-19 vaccination appointments on ThailandIntervac.com has already been closed, but the Department of Disease Control has adapted the service to make it more convenient and secure for foreigners in Thailand to register. The new vaccine appointment method will be via booking in advance or “pre-registration” with the following hospitals.
Notes: Pre-registration is registration to express intention to receive the COVID-19 vaccination at one of the designated hospitals. After registration, you must wait for the appointment confirmation from the hospital for the vaccine as per the proposed date and time.

As of today, the AstraZeneca and Sinovac vaccines are available.

The designated hospitals available for pre-registration include:

- Samitivej Sukhumvit Hospital, Bangkok (Contact the hospital directly. Vaccination will start in August)

- MedPark Hospital, Bangkok 
    Pre-registration: https://www.medparkhospital.com/en/page/covid19-vaccine-expats)

- BNH Hospital, Bangkok

Pre-registration: https://form.jotform.com/212021330826441

Date of vaccination: 2-31 August 2021 (except weekends and holidays)

- Synphaet Sri Nagarindra Hospital, Bangkok 

Pre-Registration: https://forms.gle/5uAzAzsTzuWvR4CD9
      Date of vaccination: 2-21 August 2021

- Vimut Hospital, Bangkok
     Pre-registration: Fully Booked 

Date of vaccination: 24-31 July 2021
- Phyathai 2 Hospital, Bangkok
     Pre-registration: Fully booked (The next pre-registration will be open soon)
     Date of vaccination: 19-30 July 2021 (except weekends)

- Bumrungrad Hospital, Bangkok (The pre-registration system will be announced soon)

- Bangkok Khon Kaen Hospital, Khon Kaen (The pre-registration system will be announced soon)

- Bangkok Phuket Hospital, Phuket (The pre-registration system will be announced soon)

- Samithivej Sriracha Hospital, Chonburi (The pre-registration system will be announced soon)

- Synphaet Serirak Hospital, Chonburi (The pre-registration system will be announced soon)

- Bangrak Vaccination & Health Center, Bangkok 
    The center is only open to staff of embassies, consulates and UN organizations. These individuals are requested to contact the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MFA) to be added to the list. The MFA list will then be forwarded to the Office of International Cooperation, Department of Disease Control for further administration of the vaccine.The pre-registration system will be announced soon)

Note: The operating hours to pre-register depend on each hospital.

For your information, the target groups are divided into two phases. The first phase (current phase) is for:
          - People 60 years old and above
          - People living with any of the following underlying diseases:
                  1. Severe Chronic Respiratory Diseases (CRDs)
                  2. Coronary artery disease (CAD)
                  3. Chronic kidney disease (CKD) (5th stage)
                  4. Cerebrovascular disease
                  5. Cancer patients receiving chemotherapy
                  6. Diabetes
                  7. Obesity (weight > 100 kg or BMI > 35 kg/m²)
          -  Pregnant women, in which gestational age is 12 weeks or above. And the pregnant women must have a medical certificate from the hospital confirming that vaccination is allowed.