Expats getting a Covid-19 vaccine in Pattaya for dummies with emphasis on expats outside the Thai system

Jingthing

5 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

OK.

Got my first jab of AZ at Phyathai 2 today.

Super efficient as advertised.

All I can add is that they didn't check BP.

Either I looked very calm which I was or they realized they give it to everyone anyway so why bother. 

what time did you get there ? and was there plenty of car parking ??? I am going tomorrow

14 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Arrived at 1230 for a 2 pm appointment. Out in about 45 minutes. Using a taxi so no idea of parking. The drive there took 2 hours. No checkpoints. 

Success!  Wasn't it a great feeling walking out of the building and knowing all your hard work finally paid off?   Congratulations! ????

Edited by WaveHunter
  • Like 1

On 7/27/2021 at 12:44 PM, WaveHunter said:

Yes, we certainly had our difference of opinion from time to time, but I think that is usually a good thing to have varying opinions, as long as they are debated intelligently and without personal malice (something that's often a rarity on this board...LOL).

I love a good debate!  Seriously I do.  It's usually a great way to test out your ideas and see if they stand up to the test.  Sometimes I come away knowing I'm right, and sometimes...well, not so much.  It's hard to admit when you're wrong but sometimes you just have to admit it.  How else do your learn?

absolutely, its a constant journey of learning and growing and I've been very selective with whom I engage on this forum and when I just ignore the "noise" - so let's keep the constructive debate coming for the sake of making this vaccination journey a positive one. I think one great take away we see already is that MRNA vaccine technology might change the world and improve healthcare tremendously beyond just covid vaccination. BionTech just announced they want to deploy a Malaria vaccine by end of next year and if that would indeed materialise that would be a huge success so its not all doom and gloom!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, VaccineHunter said:

absolutely, its a constant journey of learning and growing and I've been very selective with whom I engage on this forum and when I just ignore the "noise" - so let's keep the constructive debate coming for the sake of making this vaccination journey a positive one. I think one great take away we see already is that MRNA vaccine technology might change the world and improve healthcare tremendously beyond just covid vaccination. BionTech just announced they want to deploy a Malaria vaccine by end of next year and if that would indeed materialise that would be a huge success so its not all doom and gloom!

It is indeed a fascinating time to be alive.  Sometimes I think what it would be like for someone from another time to suddenly find themself alive today.  Just what would they think; how would they react to the modern world that many of us just take for granted. 

And for that matter, what will be like if we were somehow able to see a hundred years into the future...or even ten years, come to think of it ????

Edited by WaveHunter

5 hours ago, Kaoboi Bebobp said:

Heads up Pattaya folks:

This is a new addition today, I think, to the Thailand Intervac site: Synphaet Serirak Hospital, Chonburi (The pre-registration system will be announced soon). I've never heard of this one and I could not find it on a map. 

Japanese only - (This registration is for Japanese only) Pre-Registration with Synphaet Srinagarindra Hospital (google.com)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thank you for your patience

We have now received the approval for the vaccination from the Department of Disease Control, however we have such a long list to work on hence there is still a need to travel to Bangkok

Those who have already been vaccinated or received appointment elsewhere please inform me immediately

Those that have not been vaccinated, please let us know if you are willing to travel to Bangkok for your vaccination?  The vaccine will be Astra Zeneca

We will work out the date of appointment and contact you accordingly

Best Regards
Jina Phenix
Business Development Manager

British Chamber of Commerce Thailand (BCCT)
23rd Floor, M Thai Tower, All Seasons Place,

87 Wireless Road, Lumphini, Pathumwan, Bangkok 10330
Mobile: +66 (0) 892101823

Web: www.bccthai.com

Patience is wearing thin on this one,Ill give them 48 hours to come up with something or Ill pull out.  Events probably overcome the need to travel to BKK,as local hospitals now signal arrival of AZ

On 7/24/2021 at 3:49 PM, VaccineHunter said:

Thanks for posting! Just FYI I got my Covid shots entered into my existing booklet after the 2nd shot with no issues at PhyaThai2 Hospital. Just wave it at them when you enter the waiting area!

Which waiting area?

There are multiple ones through the process.

Did you mean after you get your jab in the recovery area?

Also they will also give their own vaccine document in addition to the yellow book inclusion, correct?

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

Which waiting area?

Also they will also give their own vaccine document in addition to the yellow book inclusion, correct?

I think your appointment paper for the next vaccination jab is in fact Phyathai's "vaccine document".  At least that's all I was given.  It was official looking with a bar code and QR stamp, and included details about the 1st vaccine jab like brand, lot #, serial number, care provider, etc.

Edited by WaveHunter

Just now, Jingthing said:

I meant the document that they surely provide after the SECOND dose.

Well I would assume so, wouldn't you?  As others have suggested though, it's probably wise to bring in a WHO "yellow book"  to get it stamped by Phyathai as well since Immigration is far more likely to accept it, than some private hospital's document they would be unfamiliar with.

2 minutes ago, WaveHunter said:

Well I would assume so, wouldn't you?  As others have suggested though, it's probably wise to bring in a WHO "yellow book"  to get it stamped by Phyathai as well since Immigration is far more likely to accept it, than some private hospital's document they would be unfamiliar with.

You don’t seem to have processed my question about when to present the yellow book.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Jingthing said:

You don’t seem to have processed my question about when to present the yellow book.

Well isn't it obvious? ... after you are fully vaccinated.  That's the only thing you need to document for travel or official purposes.  Documenting the first jab is only of importance to the hospital administering the 2nd jab I think...unless I'm missing something here.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, WaveHunter said:

Well isn't it obvious? ... after you are fully vaccinated.  That's the only thing you need to document for travel or official purposes.  Documenting the first jab is only of importance to the hospital administering the 2nd jab I think...unless I'm missing something here.

Yes you are.

3 minutes ago, Ohyesuare said:

Who will stamp the yellow book after receiving the second shot.

IMO, after having used the WHO vaccination (yellow) booklet for decades due to my very frequent work related travelling, I would get each dose entered and duly signed and stamped into the booklet

Remember; we are foreigners in a country where the Delta strain is exploding and even if some of you have been fortunate enough to get the fist jab this in no way guarantees you will get the second jab at the same place (or in Thailand at all).

If we all have to up and go back to our countries of origin at least you will have proof of that first jab and that will make it easier for a healthcare provider to decide the type and timing of your subsequent jabs.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Ohyesuare said:

Who will stamp the yellow book after receiving the second shot.

I don't get it ???  Wouldn't the hospital do that?  Who else would be in a position to verify that you had indeed been vaccinated?

• Like 1

Just now, WaveHunter said:

I don't get it ???  Wouldn't the hospital do that?  Who else would be in a position to verify that you had indeed been vaccinated?

Exactly. In normal times the person who jabbed you would be the one to register the injection in the booklet but in these times with assembly line style vaccinations you'd probably have to go to the nurses' station to get it done. 

I can concur with everyone's impressions of the Set up at Phayathai 2 .... excellent service from start to finish .. Bang Saray "Door to Door" 4 hrs 29 minute it would have been quicker but finding a car park at the hospital was a nightmare took me nearly 20 minute .

• Like 1

@Jingthing @WaveHunterRe proof of full vaccination from Phyathai. A friend got his second AZ jab there. He got an A4 size  piece of confirmation paper, on which was all the details of his shots and a QR code (<<important!). After shooting the QR code, it took him to a MoPH web site with his personal vaccination record -- remember we all got a 13-digit Thai ID. It is displayed as a green compact record -- he showed it to me. You can do a screen snap shot and save it on your phone, plus you can print it out. 

I will check with him tonight to see if I left anything out.

Edited by Kaoboi Bebobp
Details
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Which waiting area?

Yes they will and its the recovery aread as you mentioned..  Btw I just flew to Europe and they wanted to see the yellow vaccination booklet at the BKK airport.check in... Not the hospital paper. Just for your information

• Thanks 2

On 7/28/2021 at 1:29 PM, Jingthing said:

OK.

Got my first jab of AZ at Phyathai 2 today.

Super efficient as advertised.

All I can add is that they didn't check BP.

Either I looked very calm which I was or they realized they give it to everyone anyway so why bother. 

Congratulations!  Hope you have minimal side effects.

2 hours ago, WaveHunter said:

All you need is one Astra shot to qualify for vaccinated domestic travel.