Expats getting a Covid-19 vaccine in Pattaya for dummies with emphasis on expats outside the Thai system

Jingthing

20 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Registration for jabs at Samitivej Sriracha Hospital open now!

Much closer than Bangkok.

https://www.samitivejsriracha.com/article-detail/?lang=en&type=article&id=1119

Thanks for that JT very easy registration on a site that works and acknowledges your registration

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Phoenix Rising said:

It's great that more and more of you guys over 60 and with underlying conditions are able to get vaccinated. I just hope the rest of us will get the opportunity soon as well. Will hit that new site (https://expatvac.consular.go.th/) at 1100 hrs but don't know if it's also just for the above mentioned group or if it will work at all.

Yes, well if not this month then perhaps next month for the not high risk groups.

I'm looking forward to the time where this topic becomes unnecessary but we're not there yet.

Vaccines for all that want them!

Easy. Local. Instant. Free. 

Why not?

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Jingthing said:

I'm looking forward to the time where this topic becomes unnecessary but we're not there yet.

Vaccines for all that want them!

Future threads...

Where do we get the 1st booster jabs...

Where do we get the 2nd booster jab...

OR

How best to avoid the jabs...

How much do jab exemptions cost.......

• Like 1

My free vaccine at Phayathai Hospital was not that free .....  Got  speeding ticket in my post box this morning lol ( 128 km on a 120km road)... But still worth the effort and peace of mind of being a few weeks in front of the curve ..

A friend of mine received the following email.

We were filling out the form together and I don't remember then asking about his visa but perhaps we both missed it.  But it is unclear how to remedy the situation as clicking on the link shows the registration to be a success.  Any ideas?  This happen to anyone?

This is an auto-generated email. Please do not reply.

After review your registration, you did not upload all required documents. You must attach both passport and visa or permanent resident card. Please note that permanent resident card is not Thai national id card and this registration platform is for foreign residents in Thailand or who do not have Thai citizen.

If you are at least 12 weeks pregnant or have one of the 7 chronic diseases, you must attach your medical certificate.

Please note that registration without providing completed documents may delay your vaccine allocation.

https://expatvac.consular.go.th/regis/perinfo?id=202108 changing the rest of the link for privavcy

Thank you for your cooperation and understanding.

Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Thailand
This is an automated message, please do not reply.

13 hours ago, shortstop2 said:

We were filling out the form together and I don't remember then asking about his visa but perhaps we both missed it.  But it is unclear how to remedy the situation as clicking on the link shows the registration to be a success.  Any ideas?  This happen to anyone?

I had some issue inserting two files and could only get the one in there, so submitted it with just the passport. ( I know, many people have since suggested how it can be done, but it is too late now, so  no need to do it again). I see no way of going in to correct this, and just hope it will still go through... particularly since my hope of the BHP registration looks to have been a screw up.  

• Like 1

I see the BCCT are sending out emails for AZ jabs at a hospital in Pattaya. if you are already jabbed, then contact them.

has anyone via thailandintervac registered at medpark in the last day or so for pfizer, and if so what appointment dates and times are being offered

Edited by steve187

59 minutes ago, steve187 said:

I see the BCCT are sending out emails for AZ jabs at a hospital in Pattaya. if you are already jabbed, then contact them.

has anyone via thailandintervac registered at medpark in the last day or so for pfizer, and if so what appointment dates and times are being offered

Or if you are NOT already jabbed, contact them.

Just a quick update   I got my first vaccine jab at PhayaThai2 Hospital BBK ......... and  I sent a email to Bangkok Hospital  Pattaya asking if I could have my second Jab there instead of travelling back to BKK.

I got this response  see attached email192833174_Screenshot2021-08-16073749.png.6a5e6e21b7979ce0477ddc2c0b096067.png

I thought that getting the yellow vaccination certificate book was a good idea. Nobody seems to know exactly what different countries will require in terms of proof, but at least the yellow book is already well-known and widely accepted. The latest version also has a page specifically for Covid-19 vaccinations. I got this one from Amazon.co.uk for less than a fiver, and my brother sent it to me along with the usual monthly parcel of NHS prescription medicines. It may work out and it may not, but it’s not expensive and at least it’s something recognisable that’s vaccine certificate-related.

IMG20210816115508.thumb.jpg.64fc82f6f5c989b4bf1ad9bea1426cd7.jpg

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Harry2 said:

Guderian great idea, I like thats its now got Covid on the cover. BTW do you use  airmail from UK, I am thinking of getting one sent here?

It was sent using Royal Mail's tracking system, with some prescription tablets in the jiffy bag as well the postage cost was just over a tenner. It arrived in exactly one week, which is the norm these days. Check the Amazon website, the vendor might be willing to send it directly to you here. If not, just get it delivered to someone you know in the UK and ask them to send it on to you. Given the ridiculous nonsense there seems to be in getting one of these here in Thailand, I think it's well worth doing.

• Thanks 1

I had registered three times at Samitivej on their own registration form over a period of several weeks, because each time the form was a different format. 

They finally called and I got Pfizer this morning, no charge,  Thank you Uncle Sam :smile:

Very well organized and helpful staff.

Spoke with of the guys on duty there, he said its just the luck of the draw, they have so many applications and a very limited supply of vaccine.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Rimmer said:

they have so many applications

The authorities have brought this on themselves due to the inept way they've handled the registration process. Many, if not most people have registered with more than one hospital for a vaccine, for obvious reasons. A mate of mine in Khorat, in his 70's and with type 2 diabetes, has been getting desperate for anything, and finally got a dose of AZ at Bumrungrad. Now he's being inundated with appointments from the five other places that he'd registered. I just hope that everybody is cancelling the other registrations they made once they've had the first dose, that might help to bring a little bit of sanity back into the system, as the second dose has to be in the same place where you got your first dose, as I understand it.

• Like 2

Jingthing,..a big thank you for inspiring me to get innoculated.  As of and age I did not think it worthwhile,its not the being ill  but those medical bills Id face,still death wipes them out

Took your advice and over 2 weeks now AZ administered,   tomorrow    first dose modera,followed by second dose of AZ in two months followed by second dose modera,followed by two further doses of modera in q1 and q2 next year   Thanking you

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, bookstore said:

I got my first dose of AZ on the 30th of June and today got a second dose of Pfizer @ Medpark hospital. Was in and out in 50 minutes every thing went very smooth. They scheduled me for a second dose of Pfizer the middle of next month. The CDC in the US is recommending a 3rd dose. I am 70yo with COPD the vaccine was free but it cost 1,500 baht to go to BKK from Pattaya to get the jab. That seems like a fair price to pay for something that might save your life. 

The U.S. is recommending a third dose six months after the first  dose.

Globally that will mean mega millions of doses that the U.S  will use that will not be available to countries like Thailand in greater need.

I also went to Bangkok for my first dose which was Astra Zeneca and must go there for my second dose.

I'm fine with that.

But now I'm also wondering about a third dose six months later then using an mRNA brand.

Which begs the question will those of us on the Bangkok vaccine train be tied to Bangkok indefinitely for future doses after the initial doses?

On 8/16/2021 at 8:27 AM, Guderian said:

I thought that getting the yellow vaccination certificate book was a good idea. Nobody seems to know exactly what different countries will require in terms of proof, but at least the yellow book is already well-known and widely accepted. The latest version also has a page specifically for Covid-19 vaccinations. I got this one from Amazon.co.uk for less than a fiver, and my brother sent it to me along with the usual monthly parcel of NHS prescription medicines. It may work out and it may not, but it’s not expensive and at least it’s something recognisable that’s vaccine certificate-related.

IMG20210816115508.thumb.jpg.64fc82f6f5c989b4bf1ad9bea1426cd7.jpg

Interesting, i was always under the impression these yellow fever books had to be issued by 'authorities? Perhaps i'm wrong?

I got mine ( and the injection ) at Laem Chabang port some time ago.