Thailand reports new daily record of 34 coronavirus deaths, 1983 COVID-19 cases

webfact

1 minute ago, Freigeist365 said:

Ouote: "a contagious illness that has overwhelmed public health systems" end quote...  There's the red line you were searching for, love.

So, as long as there are enough ICU beds for covid patients to suffer and possibly die in, that makes the comparison to car accidents, heart disease, and cancer sensible?

1 minute ago, Freigeist365 said:

Do some research, or ask your friend, Billy - he'll sure explain it to you.

You mean like this?

Facts about COVID-19 mRNA Vaccines

They do not affect or interact with our DNA in any way.

• mRNA never enters the nucleus of the cell, which is where our DNA (genetic material) is kept.
  • The cell breaks down and gets rid of the mRNA soon after it is finished using the instructions.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/different-vaccines/mrna.html

• Like 2

Phuket has suffered its first death in the current outbreak of COVID-19, and a new cluster of infections in the Phoonpon area of Phuket Town has pushed the infection rate in Phuket higher than the national rate

https://twitter.com/ThaiNewsReports/status/1392476915198480391

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, hanuman2543 said:

Can you tell me a politician who has not lied, I thought that was a requisite for the post. Look it up and you'll find an example in each PM throughout the world

https://thepattayanews.com/2021/05/12/walk-in-covid-19-vaccines-will-be-available-to-all-residents-in-thailand-nationwide-from-june-onwards-public-health-minister-says/

Walk-in Covid-19 vaccines will be available to all residents in Thailand nationwide from June onwards, Public Health Minister says

Those who are unable to book the vaccination online or facing problems with the registration. This group will likely include foreign residents, notes The Pattaya News, although crystal clear details around this have still not been revealed, with the Thai Government only repeatedly saying foreign residents will be allowed to get the vaccine without clarification on what proof of residency will be required. This is expected to be clarified over the next few weeks.

4 minutes ago, anchadian said:

https://thepattayanews.com/2021/05/12/walk-in-covid-19-vaccines-will-be-available-to-all-residents-in-thailand-nationwide-from-june-onwards-public-health-minister-says/

Walk-in Covid-19 vaccines will be available to all residents in Thailand nationwide from June onwards, Public Health Minister says

Those who are unable to book the vaccination online or facing problems with the registration. This group will likely include foreign residents, notes The Pattaya News, although crystal clear details around this have still not been revealed, with the Thai Government only repeatedly saying foreign residents will be allowed to get the vaccine without clarification on what proof of residency will be required. This is expected to be clarified over the next few weeks.

Surely the only proof of residency for foreigners would be, apart from those that hold a pink ID, would be your current passport (data page) or would your visa/extension also be required?

Time will tell.

Edited by anchadian
  • Like 1

Just now, Bkk Brian said:

Because its an unfounded allegation that is thrown around as a last resort by people who are unable to have a sensible debate and unable to distinguish the difference between criticism of the way this government responded to the outbreak and racial insults.

What about the members that can't help themselves from repeatedly drenching their every opinion and comment with their overt disdain for the locals doing their best to get through this? You're trying to tell us that they are being sensible? Is their criticism ever anything else but crass and demeaning? They see everything that's being done is wrong and hopeless but yet they have nothing constructive to offer. As for racial insults, I'm not at all sure where you're going with this but they do seem to slip easily from those who conflate race with nationality.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:
21 minutes ago, hanuman2543 said:
Expand  

Can you tell me a politician who has not lied, I thought that was a requisite for the post. Look it up and you'll find an example in each PM throughout the world

Ah, good. So it's not an exclusively Thai or exclusively Prayuth thing either. Thanks for pulling on @hanuman2543's leash.

Edited by NanLaew
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, NanLaew said:

What about the members that can't help themselves from repeatedly drenching their every opinion and comment with their overt disdain for the locals doing their best to get through this? You're trying to tell us that they are being sensible? Is their criticism ever anything else but crass and demeaning? They see everything that's being done is wrong and hopeless but yet they have nothing constructive to offer. As for racial insults, I'm not at all sure where you're going with this but they do seem to slip easily from those who conflate race with nationality.

Firstly you quoted me in your accusation on Thai Bashing. So you accused me directly.

You're now going off in some tandem deflection. I have never Thai bashed and would never do so in the future. Regards other posters I've also not seen any Thai bashing rather, frustration, yes, emotional outbursts yes, why not, after all its the governments responsibility to sort this, particularly as they are the ones that allowed this to happen at Songkran with the travel exodus.

I've also seen some excellent well thought our reasoned posts with plenty of indepth knowledge that I could never have articulated.

There's been plenty to offer by posters, most of the news here is posted by posters that you read, plenty of advice and solutions offered if you read all the posts and not just be selective.

Had we been in our own countries and the same was happening then our frustrations would be directed to our own government, however we live in Thailand.

Can I just remind you of what you said just a few posts ago:

"The authorities have possibly slipped up again on their handling of an outbreak. Just as they appear to some to have slipped up on each and every single instance related to their handling of this pandemic right from the get go. "

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Freigeist365 said:

Correct, Donaldo! Also, what comes to mind is the good old saying, "It is better to speak the truth that hurts and then heals, than falsehood that comforts and then kills."

This coming after my reply to your suggestion I do a bit of research about your claim that that vaccines are a "cocktail of DNA intrusive substances"

Here's a reminder:

image.png.6b0921ccbdb9c61da1d381244248250b.png

Feel free to thank me for the healing after the pain subsides.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

So you suggest that the UK is lying?

22 minutes ago, hanuman2543 said:

So you suggest that the UK is lying?

Not at all. You posted a link to suggest they were and if correct then you can find examples of politicians all over the world doing the same. 

I like to share the love....why pick out only the UK

Edited by Bkk Brian

The worst Pandemic for 200 years has now arrived in Thailand much later than so many other countries. UK, Europe, America, Brazil, Chile, Mexico, Russia etc., lost hundreds of thousands of its peoples and the only solution is test, test and test and vaccinate, vaccinate, and vaccinate. UK had a day this week when after 14 months the death rate went to Zero ( yesterday 20 deaths). Please Thailand vaccinate all adults ASAP do not wait.   That's the only way to get back to normal times - with double  Pfizer & Modena & AZ jabs  giving  circa 97% protection.  

• Like 2

8 hours ago, rabas said:

That delayed second dose is a killer. Do you really want to wait 3 months for your second dose in the middle of a pandemic outbreak like Bangkok?  Indian variant on the way?

Allowing first and second dose interference was a major mistake, one that other companies found a way around.  mRNA: no issue. Sputnik: two different virus vectors. J&J: single dose vaccine.

Otherwise, I am fine with AZ. It's better than Chinese vaccines and no vaccine has significant danger, just take an aspirin. Maybe I would start with AZ, then follow up with an mRNA vaccine when ready.

The first dose confers 70% protection after the first 3 weeks and did not decrease significantly.  It proved to be remarkably successful in the UK anyway, which has by far the biggest pool of evidence related to this vaccine in a real world setting.  I'm pretty sure that in 2 trials AZ showed 100% protection against death.  It was estimated as 85% successful at preventing hospitalization in over 80's. 

I'm not sure the Indian variant is any more troublesome than the UK variant, which was prevalent in the UK at the time.

16 hours ago, Victornoir said:

Optimistic nature: These figures show real control of the pandemic. Amazing Thailand!

Pessimistic nature: Covid is impossible to control since the West has failed in this task. Consequently these figures are false.

Just off the boat?

6 hours ago, anchadian said:

Surely the only proof of residency for foreigners would be, apart from those that hold a pink ID, would be your current passport (data page) or would your visa/extension also be required?

Time will tell.

Must be a lot of over stayers puckering up.

15 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

Yes but thats not the case in the example I made, the UK's death rate has trended down gradually to zero. Result of vaccines and the previous lockdowns

The UK is not reporting zero deaths from Covid. The numbers are way, way down from what they were earlier, but they're not zero.

Figures below from Johns Hopkins University.

Screenshot_2021_0513_051811.png

Edited by GroveHillWanderer
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, GroveHillWanderer said:

The UK is not reporting zero deaths from Covid. The numbers are way, way down from what they were earlier, but they're not zero.

Figures below from Johns Hopkins University.

Screenshot_2021_0513_051811.png

I did check prior to my claim:

Zero Covid deaths for England, Scotland and NI https://www.bbc.com/news/health-57055340

You are using the 7 day rolling average which is fine but does not data point each individual day, instead it does just that an average.

21 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

The latest rolling seven-day COVID case count and deaths trends for Thailand are only updated through Monday, May 10, and thus don't yet reflect Wednesday's record high number of 34 new COVID deaths. But the sub-2000-level average daily new case counts continue to remain below the prior highs set in the last week of April.

05-12-21a.jpg.ba180832514147fe5884950b22f88d3f.jpg

05-12-21b.jpg.601cb3e98b84a5daa489cadbedd0dac0.jpg

https://ourworldindata.org/coronavirus/country/thailand?country=~THA#what-is-the-daily-number-of-confirmed-cases

the only way to stop this is the vaccine look how it was done in UK AND USA the vaccine;s are the answer to full recovery they must act NOW. don't wait

26 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

I did check prior to my claim:

Zero Covid deaths for England, Scotland and NI https://www.bbc.com/news/health-57055340

You are using the 7 day rolling average which is fine but does not data point each individual day, instead it does just that an average.

No, it also shows the daily figures which were 20 deaths on May 11 and 18 on May 12.

Also, even in the article you quote, there weren't zero deaths in the UK, there were four (in Wales). It was only in England, Scotland and NI that there no deaths (and those were Monday figures, which are often lower).

10 minutes ago, GroveHillWanderer said:

No, it also shows the daily figures which were 20 deaths on May 11 and 18 on May 12.

Really not sure what the point is your making when I've already shown you the link to where I was quoting the figure https://www.bbc.com/news/health-57055340 of course it will not stay at zero, it will fluctuate in the low figures as shown on your graph

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-05-11/england-reports-zero-covid-deaths-for-first-time-in-14-months#:~:text=England reported no deaths from,in March of last year.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/jemimamcevoy/2021/05/10/england-reports-zero-new-coronavirus-deaths-for-first-time-in-14-months/?sh=650a13711013

Edited by Bkk Brian

7 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Really not sure what the point is your making when I've already shown you the link to where I was quoting the figure https://www.bbc.com/news/health-57055340 of course it will not stay at zero, it will fluctuate in the low figures as shown on your graph.

The point I'm making is that it was not zero. And as I just said in the edit I made, even the article you quote does not say there were zero deaths in the UK, it says there were no deaths in three of the four Home Nations.

Also that is not "my graph" - it is a graph from Johns Hopkins University.

2 minutes ago, GroveHillWanderer said:

The point I'm making is that it was not zero. And as I just said in the edit I made, even the article you quote does not say there were zero deaths in the UK, it says there were no deaths in three of the four Home Nations.

Also that is not "my graph" - it is a graph from Johns Hopkins University.

Excuse me, there were zero deaths in England, Ni and Scotland..................................but not Wales

Since I provided links I think everyone can read them, thanks for your graph! 

• Like 2