Foreigners in Thailand can register for vaccine from June 7

10 minutes ago, WaveHunter said:

I am going by the press announcement which was only released yesterday.  The CCSA announcements for the last two weeks have also emphasized that foreigners may register ON OR AFTER JUNE 7th.  You don't have to be a rocket scientist to understand that means NOT BEFORE June 7.

It can often be explained, which is totally different from the fact they understand it.

So if the 7 June date is for those in greatest need (good) I am thinking for those of us healthy and under 60, it might be around 14 June that we can start registering? Not going to chase around any more until then as I really do not need the added stress and, to be honest, until a few weeks ago (it’s the hope that kills you) I expected it would be August earliest that I got vaccinated. It’s now looking like I will beat my own prediction. Plus (and okay I am squinting to see the glass half-full here, but it seems likely to be true) the longer I have to wait compared to others the more likely I am able to avoid Sinovac’s low effectiveness . Tiny, tiny victories. 

24 minutes ago, WaveHunter said:

Do you really think that is a viable solution; to leave a county that is still one of the safest places to be right now for an unvaccinated person (based on active cases per capitas) and expose yourself to high risk of infection while travelling?

Bangkok is not safe anymore.  Many,  if not most places in the US and Europe have less cases per capita.

Dr Opas said the disease cannot be contained in Thailand if it cannot be contained in Bangkok. 

Once it reaches Nakhorn Nowhere, good luck.

Look who is going to the US for vaccinations, including which TVF members. 

40 minutes ago, WaveHunter said:

Why be so pessimistic...this announcement is actually good news, not bad news?  Why not just wait a few days and see what actually happens instead of just assuming the worst

I quoted the website. It is what it is.

As for assuming the worst, perhaps you read a bit too much into my post.

1 hour ago, WaveHunter said:

Not really sure what that even means ???

The CCSA can broadcast their daily information, that doesn't mean all those that watch it will understand it. Obviously some don't.

1 hour ago, WaveHunter said:

Furthermore, the CCSA announcements for the last two weeks have also emphasized that foreigners may register ON OR AFTER JUNE 7th.  You don't have to be a rocket scientist to understand that means NOT BEFORE June 7.

????

1 hour ago, Tanoshi said:

The CCSA can broadcast their daily information, that doesn't mean all those that watch it will understand it. Obviously some don't.

????

I think the CCSA briefings are valuable on the whole but the Spokesman, Natapanu Nopakun, even though he is an excellent speaker, has a penchant for making statements that sometimes leave so much to the imagination, that understanding what he meant can be confusing. 

Often I think the briefings are more of a "happy face" type thing intended to put a positive spin on things nobody yet has a definitive answer for.  I don't think they are being deceptive or disingenuous, just intentionally vague at times so that they are not accused of misinformation.  

Overall though, if you watch these briefings daily, you can see that genuine progress is being made, and we are not intentionally being misled...just confused as hell.  But this is Thailand, they have their own way of doing things I guess.

Edited by WaveHunter
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, WaveHunter said:

he chaos and danger of infection with all those people in queue for hours on end is not a good solution

I agree,  but the registration system is a shambles and doesn't work, as the 5,000 who queued for 7 hours at Pattaya Stadium last week will testify. They had all registered and all had queue positions, that in the event were meaningless. 

7 minutes ago, newnative said:

Right.  June 7 is just 4 days away.  The website should have updated information by now with the June 7 registration information.  

Which website are you referring to.

8 minutes ago, newnative said:

Thailandintervac.com

Never heard of it until you mentioned it.

ThailandIntervac.com : The Office of International Cooperation, Department of Disease Control ,Ministry of Public Health Thailand

"The vaccination appointment through this website is for embassy staff, consulates, international organizations and their families only.

If you are identified that you are not the aforementioned staff, the vaccination appointment will be canceled. Please present the employee card at the registration site."

Edited by Tanoshi

Just now, Tanoshi said:

Never heard of it until just now.

ThailandIntervac.com : The Office of International Cooperation, Department of Disease Control ,Ministry of Public Health Thailand

"The vaccination appointment through this website is for embassy staff, consulates, international organizations and their families only.

If you are identified that you are not the aforementioned staff, the vaccination appointment will be canceled. Please present the employee card at the registration site."

Page up and get caught up.  That's what we've been talking about.

5 minutes ago, newnative said:

Some Thai official said .........

Not what the website says.

Believe it when you see it, otherwise take it with a pinch of salt.

The idea of in-person, on-site registration is doomed to failure before it even starts.  The concept is a bad one as anyone who has queued for hours at Immigration can attest.  The idea of jamming thousands of people together during a pandemic is sheer lunacy.

Couldn't agree more.

Not holding up AU as the gold standard. Far from it. They had their issues with rollout. 

Below is from messenger chat form friend couple weeks back. I asked if she had the jab.

Personally I wouldn't go near an on-site registration joint. Especially in Bangkok. I intend to remain on island until it's available in private hospitals. Hopefully October. 

The agent guys were slow on this. Surely they could have had service to get an appointment.

Screenshot_20210603-172833.png

Edited by DrJack54

36 minutes ago, newnative said:

I registered before and they send SMS and Email with an apology and that general public registration will be available again from 5 or 6 June.

• Like 1

The idea of in-person, on-site registration is doomed to failure before it even starts.  The concept is a bad one as anyone who has queued for hours at Immigration can attest.  The idea of jamming thousands of people together during a pandemic is sheer lunacy.

Online registration is really the only scheme that makes sense at all.  Hopefully they have some really smart, experienced IT people working to assure that the system works without quirks. 

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to do this; online merchants do it effectively all the time!

That's really all that's required, and the urgency of getting it right couldn't be any higher.  Hopefully they will get it right with online registration!

Yet Thai immigration hasn't bothered to create an online queue system since years. Not even during the pandemic they could be rushed to do so.

Instead they let those poor staff there work OT daily until 7 or 8pm.

Just get that, even if you just want to ask someone in person at the German Embassy, you need to book a timeslot for an appointment. No phone calls, no walk-ins.

On 5/21/2021 at 3:57 PM, scubascuba3 said:

Hands up who wants the Chinese one?

So you would maybe prefer J&J?  Now lets see.  J&J were one of the biggest financial winners in the US opiate pandemic by supplying opium for Oxycontin and other brands leading to 47,000 deaths and 1.7 million substance abuse disorders in 2017 alone.  J&J was also caught out having asbestos in its baby powder (yes BABY powder) and shrugged it off by saying yes we knew it was there but we didnt put in there??

I dont care what shot I have coz I can always have a top up later if needed but I will be doing a quick runner if they are handing out free blankets at the same time lol!

Hopefully they have some really smart, experienced IT people working to assure that the system works without quirks. 

That sentence did  make me laugh.  but you are right of course. 

18 hours ago, CLW said:

Yet Thai immigration hasn't bothered to create an online queue system since years. Not even during the pandemic they could be rushed to do so.

Just get that, even if you just want to ask someone in person at the German Embassy, you need to book a timeslot for an appointment. No phone calls, no walk-ins.

In all fairness, they provide an online option for 90 day reporting.  Unfortunately it has been rife with technical issues for its' entire life.  Much of what Immigration does could be handled online if they would just get competent IT people to set up the server properly.  It's not rocket science; many online merchants do it successfully.  To me, it's just a big mystery why Thai government websites are so poorly done. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, bert bloggs said:

The wife registered me for the 9th on the mor prom weeks ago with my pink card ,just checked and they confirmed my jab ,more than likely astr zenica,fingers crossed

Wait until they see you.........Cannot !!

On 6/3/2021 at 5:53 PM, CLW said:

I've used the QueQ phone app for my last several appointments at the Chonburi immigration office.  You can book an appointment on a specific day and time up to a week ahead.  You just show up to the office, click "confirm" on your appointment notice in the app and your queue number pops up in the app.  I then walk past the 30-50 people in the queue waiting outside in the heat who haven't made a prior appointment online, show the staff my queue number on my phone and walk straight to the appropriate immigration counter.   No waiting in lines outside, minimized time spent inside in the crowded immigration counter area.

The app certainly doesn't solve the problem that you've pointed out for the office staff and the long walk in queues that they deal with every day, you make a very good point, but it does make the appointment process very efficient and easy for foreigners who use it.

IMG_1812.PNG

IMG_1813.PNG

Edited by heyx2rr
adding photos
  • Like 1

Until now I still don't have the faintest idea how this going work. I don't know how/where to register, I don't know how/when I will get vaccinated. Vimut straight out told me not to go there on 7th June. All these online registering, I wonder is it a scam to collect my details like passport number, phone, email, DOB, etc to resold for marketing/scam purposes.    

• Like 1