‘Mor Mai Thon’ doctors petition for more vaccine alternatives

webfact

Most importantly, there’s no clear answer as to why some vaccines will be available in October, at the earliest, while the number of infections and deaths are still increasing and hospital beds will be in very short supply very soon."

Isn't that what Thanatorn was saying in January, before he was gagged & threatened? Maybe the covid czar should hire him as a fortune teller?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, smedly said:

got to hand it to these doctors for speaking up

I call it "Metal versus Wood"  

Metal = intelligent and Brave

Wood = just that

And these doctors have the “mettle” to take on these “wooden soldiers” 

Considering that Thailand is supposed to be a democratic country, I am surprised that the Leader and his gang

have not thought that the population may want more than they are being offered.  However a Military dictator, would not

be worried..  Just saying.

Geezer

3 hours ago, djayz said:

My better half has an appointment for a jab in late May at The Mall (?!?!), Nakhon Ratchisma and she can have Sinovac, Sinovac or Sinovac. Take it, or leave it. No choice. I'm fuming! 

Why?  Are you a Biochemist and have a comprehensive knowledge of how Sinovac functions?  My Wife has had two Sinovac vaccinations and is fit and well.  There are also many of our Friends, including Doctors who have the vaccination and are also fit and well.  Don't believe everything you read in the papers or internet.

3 hours ago, RocketDog said:

Aha, so you admit that the Thai Orbital Moon Mission is well on its way to success. 

The only difficulties thus far are minor technicalities of planning, designing, fabricating, crewing, launching, and retrieving the flight. The launch is planned to be from the sports stadium in Bangkok, and you know I'll be there. What could possibly go wrong? 

It's rumored that Thailand plans to leapfrog the troublesome spacecraft technology hurdle by refitting one of their fleet of Chinese submarines. Thai people are superior in improvisation and it's amazing what they can do with concrete and PVC pipe. 

It stands to reason that Mars is within reach only months after the orbital mission completes. Thailand is indeed on track to become the hub of Asian space exploration. 

<sarcasm alert>

Yes; and by sending a bulging Brown Envelope to 'The Czar' of everything in the Kingdom including any Public Toilets that may still be operative if 'The Pit' is not too full, anyone can become the first passenger to fly on the first mission !

10 hours ago, rabas said:

From the link:

"Most importantly, there’s no clear answer as to why some vaccines will be available in October, at the earliest, while the number of infections and deaths are still increasing and hospital beds will be in very short supply very soon."

Answer:  Anutin 

Clear as a bell.

Also CP and the one who can not be named. Who is calling the shots

4 hours ago, Denim said:

Any further importation of vaccines will divert profits away from Siam Biotech.

Commendable effort from these doctors but the appeal will fall on deaf ears.

Can you explain what import of vaccines has to do with Siam Biotech profit.

Siam Biotech is producing the AZ vaccine under license. The majority of their production is for export, and I think only 20 million for distribution in Thailand.

They are not selling the vaccine, they are only producing it, and AZ is selling their production to SEA countries.

4 hours ago, trainman34014 said:

Yes; and by sending a bulging Brown Envelope to 'The Czar' of everything in the Kingdom including any Public Toilets that may still be operative if 'The Pit' is not too full, anyone can become the first passenger to fly on the first mission !

Whoa. Wait a minute. I'll let better men/women/non-binary folks braver than I make that mission. 

Getting there is one thing, getting back is quite another. 

Even concrete and PVC pipe have their limits. My experience with Chinese products working more than once has not been encouraging either. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, robertson468 said:

Why?  Are you a Biochemist and have a comprehensive knowledge of how Sinovac functions?  My Wife has had two Sinovac vaccinations and is fit and well.  There are also many of our Friends, including Doctors who have the vaccination and are also fit and well.  Don't believe everything you read in the papers or internet.

The offerings of the current vaccines fall into one of three broad categories, with some new players bringing on more variations. 

It follows that they have differences in form/function. 

Why would any sane person choose a particular type without investigating the others unless they were scared or desperate? 

I reject the Chinese Vax as long as I have another choice. I am not the only person in the world who has had less than satisfactory experiences with Chinese goods. China has a long history of adulterating food, drugs, and chemical products. Second, I condemn the CCP and their global aggression. Third, I do not want to aid/abbet their agenda in any way; that would be hypocritical. I object to participating in China's vaccine diplomacy game. Fourth, their vaccine has had mixed results since it was initially introduced, so why would I embrace it above others. Fifth, it is possible that their vaccine, based on traditional methods, is less likely to work well on variants, and frequent boosters may be necessary.

Your reference to biochemistry is specious. Many people both more and less intelligent than yourself are capable of gaining significant knowledge of virology without making it a profession, most especially if they keep an open mind. .

It would be interesting to know why you feel so warm and fuzzy about sinovac if you're not a biochemist. To repeat your warning, don't believe everything you read, especially if it's churned out by one of the most effective propaganda machines in history: the CCP controlled Chinese media. 

People can make their own choices, deserve no criticism for it, and do not need to justify themselves to you or anybody else. 

You are welcome to your opinion, so please extend the same courtesy to others. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RocketDog said:

Whoa. Wait a minute. I'll let better men/women/non-binary folks braver than I make that mission. 

Getting there is one thing, getting back is quite another. 

Even concrete and PVC pipe have their limits. My experience with Chinese products working more than once has not been encouraging either. 

Well, I am not sure that I would say that, after all, their virus has been going great guns for over 18 months now!

1 hour ago, RocketDog said:

The offerings of the current vaccines fall into one of three broad categories, with some new players bringing on more variations. 

It follows that they have differences in form/function. 

Why would any sane person choose a particular type without investigating the others unless they were scared or desperate? 

I reject the Chinese Vax as long as I have another choice. I am not the only person in the world who has had less than satisfactory experiences with Chinese goods. China has a long history of adulterating food, drugs, and chemical products. Second, I condemn the CCP and their global aggression. Third, I do not want to aid/abbet their agenda in any way; that would be hypocritical. I object to participating in China's vaccine diplomacy game. Fourth, their vaccine has had mixed results since it was initially introduced, so why would I embrace it above others. Fifth, it is possible that their vaccine, based on traditional methods, is less likely to work well on variants, and frequent boosters may be necessary.

Your reference to biochemistry is specious. Many people both more and less intelligent than yourself are capable of gaining significant knowledge of virology without making it a profession, most especially if they keep an open mind. .

It would be interesting to know why you feel so warm and fuzzy about sinovac if you're not a biochemist. To repeat your warning, don't believe everything you read, especially if it's churned out by one of the most effective propaganda machines in history: the CCP controlled Chinese media. 

People can make their own choices, deserve no criticism for it, and do not need to justify themselves to you or anybody else. 

You are welcome to your opinion, so please extend the same courtesy to others. 

But "fuming" because a woefully under resourced health system, whose workers are doing their best in the face of the incompetent buffoonery of their political leadership, is unable to extend the choice you think you and your wife should have ( a choice which no-one else has) is a particularly pointless and  "self entitled" reaction.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

If only these 20k docs had had their act together & the stones to speak out LOUDLY in advance of Songkran, we'd be in a far better situation now.

For those who have not been keeping track...

March 17 - December 21, 2020   4,237 Covid+  50 deaths

December 21, 2020 - - May 22, 2021  121,879 Covid+  709 deaths

PLUS 9,509 Covid+ in prisons which were never added to the daily numbers of new cases.

14 hours ago, herfiehandbag said:

Well, I am not sure that I would say that, after all, their virus has been going great guns for over 18 months now!

Good point. Either the virus was released intentionally or through incompetence in my personal view. China has done all it can to obfuscate the origin, which is by itself potentially incriminating. 

In any event I think we can expect more of the same in the future. A gift that keeps on giving. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, RocketDog said:

Good point. Either the virus was released intentionally or through incompetence in my personal view. China has done all it can to obfuscate the origin, which is by itself potentially incriminating. 

In any event I think we can expect more of the same in the future. A gift that keeps on giving. 

Most scientists say the virus came from nature, not a lab.  But yes, it probably did originate in China due to their love of eating wild and endangered animals, kept in cages at wet markets.

Sadly, we'll probably see more of this in the future as you say.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Jeffr2 said:

Most scientists say the virus came from nature, not a lab.  But yes, it probably did originate in China due to their love of eating wild and endangered animals, kept in cages at wet markets.

Sadly, we'll probably see more of this in the future as you say.

Actually, the opinion on the provenance of the virus is changing, with  many, even Fauci, allowing for the possibility of it being part of China's 'value added virus' work. Granted, this work does have some legitimate use, just as guns do. However, there are always bad players in any game.

I've already stated my opinion on this. I firmly believe the CCP to the be the most dangerous threat to world peace in centuries, second only to Russia. I'm fully prepared to believe it was released from one the TWO viral research labs located in Wuhan. The truth is that it is way too late to ever know for sure. The CCP has had months now to cover their tracks, and they are very good at such things.

Either way you look at it, we can expect China to continue to export new viruses as quickly as wet their markets can produce them, as they have done for  dozens of decades.

• Like 2