Former PM Yingluck says junta has failed Thais on 7th anniversary of coup

1 hour ago, billd766 said:

Since Jan 1st until today the baht has lost 10% against the GBP.

The current so-called PM never stood for an election in his life.

When Yingluck was deposed he and her government had already become a caretaker government and were in the process of setting up a free and democratic general election. They did NOT wait 5 years for an election, tear up the constitution, frig the election results, take over a month to declare the result, write a new constitution favourable only to themselves, appoint 250 senators without an election just to elect the general and "legalise" his position, nor did they get the oath of allegiance wrong as this lot did.

So show us how the mighty Thai baht is stronger than ever.

I won't even bother yet to explain the broken promises about halting corruption, reforming the RTP, the military and the civil service and the dozens of other promises over the years.

NICE.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, rasmus5150 said:

I think it says a lot about a person who openly admits that their soul is anatomically placed "a little south of the border". ????

There again, a significant proportion of us think,for much of the time, in that anatomica neck of the woods!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

She is 100 percent correct.  The other issue is with election not until 2023, Uncle Tu will be in power until at least 2030, Thailand is in for a real world of hurt unless the apathy created can be overcome.  The question is how do you fight against a deck he stacked with 250 appointed senators and the backing of a few of the other parties.....By 2030 the entire country will be well underneath the poverty level while the Hi-So's will have gained immense wealth and normal folks will be scrambling just to feed themselves daily......my opinion and view.

Hi-So's ---->  "Ha ha ha ha ha"

"Move along plebs.  Nothing to see here."

c1_1601718.jpg.15d5225e1efbc3a38fb87c19bc681a85.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Thanks for keeping this subject open but as a long, long time expat living & working  here I am going to refrain from the gobbly gook written above. Please folks, please do your homework before spouting rubbish & dangerous falsehoods on both sides 

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

56 minutes ago, dinsdale said:

Not bad for someone that got the grand total of ZERO VOTES in a rigged election. Will Thailand become another Myanmar? For me this is a genuine concern.

The big difference between Myanmar and Thailand is that in Myanmar, the military is its own and only master.

9 minutes ago, candide said:

The big difference between Myanmar and Thailand is that in Myanmar, the military is its own and only master.

And it's not here. The entire govt is military, police or mates.

Edited by dinsdale

6 hours ago, brommers said:

Takes one to know one. She was hardly a shining example of getting anything right, like the utterly corrupt and costly rice pledging scheme for one.

Rice is now less than Bt6 a kilo. Rice farmers are losing money to produce rice. 

10 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Former PM Yingluck should be in jail like her brother.

Let's not forget that Thaksin could still be PM in Thailand if he wasn't so greedy. He did some good things. And he was so openly corrupt that he basically told everybody: See what I am doing. I get away with everything.

He learned the hard way that he didn't get away with everything. Good.

And then he didn't learn from that and he though his little sister will get away with everything. She didn't. 

Both are wanted criminals and probably they will never be able to visit Thailand again - except to go to jail. 

That's the price for too much greed. 

Everyone past and present is a wanted criminal here at some stage ????

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Let's not forget that Thaksin could still be PM in Thailand if he wasn't so greedy. He did some good things. And he was so openly corrupt that he basically told everybody: See what I am doing. I get away with everything.

And then he didn't learn from that and he though his little sister will get away with everything. She didn't. 

Both are wanted criminals and probably they will never be able to visit Thailand again - except to go to jail. 

I wonder how many Mercs Prayut has now. Couple of years ago the missus said 9 and let's not forget his little fat mate's watches.

Edited by dinsdale
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, rasmus5150 said:

I think it says a lot about a person who openly admits that their soul is anatomically placed "a little south of the border". ????

or,  a person who makes a comment like that.  ????

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Sticky Rice Balls said:

So she has a facebook page--wonder if she will add me as a friend ????❤️

I have a Hiso heart!

but LoSo bank balance and credit limit?

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, ezzra said:

and the THB is still stronger then ever, with no prospect of weakening, how do you explain That?...

The Thai Baht made a 15% nosedive in a year against the Euro from 33bht to 38bht. 

You are probably looking at the dollar which has weakened in the same time frame. 

I for one am very pleased with the new situation, it saved me quite a substantial sum with a recent house purchase. 

5 hours ago, Rampant Rabbit said:

Think Thanathorn is the only real  hope, then again most  Thais see  corruption as  part of the normal routine and any replacment   could  well  have the same low standing  morals as the current brigade of  twanks.

I honestly do not think that is possible. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

At a minimum she was competent and smart. I had alot of issues with her. But compared to the spactacularly incapable, incompetent, subpar, fumbling, bumbling, inconsistent, destructive, corrupt, and modestly intelligent pack of fools at the top now, she was Abraham Lincoln, Winston Churchill, FDR, and George Washington, all rolled into one. 

Thank Christ you didn’t say Jacinda Arden.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Yes, but It's not like governments before them or after them were not as corrupt or worse, including the current bunch. 

The big difference with the current bunch is that they could be voted out, and also held accountable by yellow courts. The current bunch cannot be voted out and will never be held accountable by yellow courts.

Edited by candide
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, dinsdale said:

And it's not here. The entire govt is military, police or mates.

The army is powerful but there are other powers above and beside it, I.e. it did not decide the coup. It belongs to a network and is not the only power node in this network.