Thailand reports 3,382 new COVID-19 cases, 17 more deaths

16 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

I tried it, the signup process worked fine and was easy to complete...

A couple of added notes:

--During the government news briefing today, the government spokeswoman said those signing up via this route in Bangkok "could" be vaccinated on the day of the appointment date they will be given, if there are sufficient vaccine supplies that day. Otherwise, after registering, they will be given a ticket to return on a subsequent date.

--Vimut Hospital had a prior Thai language post where they talked about conditions that would prevent a person from being vaccinated, at least without prior clearance from a doctor.

The list via English translation included:

"Diseases that shouldn't be vaccinated with COVID-19

Chronic disease is uncontrollable. Must consult a doctor first, such as cardiovascular disease, heart disease, neuropathy, immune system, easily bleeding, acute sickness.
First 12 weeks pregnant woman or breastfeeding
People under the age of 18
Those who receive plasma transfusion
Covid-19 detected in the last 10 days before vaccination day."

https://www.facebook.com/vimuthospital/posts/178131974219372

Here's where Vimut Hospital is located:

2069996609_VimutHospitalVaccinationRegistration6.jpg.a35966d12cac84fcb983a201c8d53b43.jpg

As you said easy to register, just waiting on the SMS for confirmation.

21 minutes ago, anchadian said:

437 more COVID-19 cases found in Phetchaburi factory

437 more COVID-19 infections have been found connected to the Cal-Comp Electronics factory in Phetchaburi province, bringing the total in the cluster to 2,111 so far, according to local authorities.

The factory was closed on Friday, for two weeks, after 682 employees tested positive. The new cases have been found through the active screening of other employees, said Phetchaburi provincial health chief Dr. Petcharuek Tansawat yesterday. 

Of all the cases in the cluster, 781 are Thai workers, while 1,330 others are migrant workers. The former have been admitted to hospital, while the latter have been sent to a field hospital within the factory compound. Those considered at high-risk, but are asymptomatic, are to be quarantined, he added.

https://www.thaipbsworld.com/437-more-covid-19-cases-found-in-phetchaburi-factory/

2 of which, man and wife, managed to catch a train to Bang Saphan Noi, apparently not wearing masks! Then went to the family home of 5 members and then proceeded to go around the town and market. All of which has been closed off for disinfecting which started last night. The 2 concerned were picked up by Police and taken to hospital. It is thought that they were infected with Covid. 

• Like 1

Here's the daily Phetchaburi province totals for the past week up thru today... I'm assuming the vast majority, but perhaps not all, are from the factory:

Exclude the far left and right numbers that are subtotals, and the remaining numbers in the middle are dailies for May 17 to 23.

188180593_PhetnaburiProvince.jpg.58f85809f7a808197636b1690f95cf27.jpg

Based on Anchadian's news post above from the local health authorities there, sounds like another slug of multiple hundreds of cases more will be added to tomorrow's national report as well.

But as another poster noted above, it's interesting that today's number out of Phetchburi province alone ALMOST exceeded today's total from Bangkok province... but not quite.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

As you said easy to register, just waiting on the SMS for confirmation.

Vimut only posted their info online yesterday... so... it will be interesting to see what kinds of appointment dates will be given for the early registrants now (how long beyond June 7) and then how long after those appointment dates will the actual vaccine appointments be given, if the vaccines aren't available on a person's registration day.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, dinsdale said:

Rubbery figures guys. Now seeing elsewhere 978 positives in Petchaburi and most of these from the Cal-Comp factory which if I'm not mistaken yesterday they were saying >1k. Numbers are being buried believe or not is up to you. Hope I'm wrong but I don't trust this lot as far as I could kick them.

Gotta make the tourist thing happen at any cost by the looks of it.

5 hours ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

56-65 percent effective = "hardly works"...I'm smelling anti-Asian racism, with a dash of misinformation ????

Comparing the AstraZeneca (British) and Sinovac (Chinese) COVID-19 Vaccines

https://www.healthline.com/health/astrazeneca-vs-sinovac

AZ chimpanzee adenovirus I not see well put on my body, 6 of my friends in Europe have had all of these effects...

Other side effects of the AstraZeneca vaccine, which were also rare, included case,    

• inflammation around the spinal cord
  • hemolytic anemia
  • high fevers

All of these symptoms resolved without additional problems. More common side effects included:

• injection site pain
  • mild tenderness
  • fatigue
  • headache
  • muscle ache
  • chills
  • fever
  •                                             
Edited by onthedarkside
unsubstantiated claim removed
  • Haha 2

19 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Here's the daily Phetchaburi province totals for the past week up thru today... I'm assuming the vast majority, but perhaps not all, are from the factory:

Exclude the far left and right numbers that are subtotals, and the remaining numbers in the middle are dailies for May 17 to 23.

Based on your post above from the local health authorities there, sounds like another slug of multiple hundreds of cases more will be added to tomorrow's national report as well.

But as another poster noted above, it's interesting that today's number out of Phetchburi alone ALMOST exceeded today's total from Bangkok province... but not quite.

Those Phetchaburi numbers look like they're starting to go exponential.

• Haha 1

The Department of Corrections has announced the latest new cases. Today there are 499 cases bringing the total to 14,787. This is 4.75% of the prison population. There are also 65 prison officials infected. Most are at Bangkok Remand Prison (25) #COVID19 #โควิดวันนี้ #Thailand

https://twitter.com/ThaiNewsReports/status/1396387016909103110

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, FarFlungFalang said:

Those Phetchaburi numbers look like they're starting to go exponential.

For that factory, I'm guessing tomorrow's update will add some hundreds of additional cases, but it won't likely be more than today's tally... By tomorrow, I believe they'll have captured most of the cases there thus far.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

OExclude the far left and right numbers that are subtotals, and the remaining numbers in the middle are dailies for May 17 to 23.

Based on your post above from the local health authorities there, sounds like another slug of multiple hundreds of cases more will be added to tomorrow's national report as well.

Thanks to those who have posted various stats and info, however you know as well as I do that the figures come from a very limited amount of testing and do not reflect the state of the nations covid coverage . Indeed some credible agencies say you could add another zero to the numbers as is the case in the reporting from India . 

Once again Thailand refuses to learn from western countries that have learnt by mistakes in how to deal with the virus . Western countries give many bulletins by way of TV, radio , press and street posters to inform on covid protection behavior , vaccination info , online shopping and future lockdowns . I speak to local Thais in Issan who have little if any info  into current covid events and gathering in shops and markets without any social distancing / proper mask wearing and handling fruit ect , replacing it back on the shelves , sharing 1 cup to drink water plus not signing into a shops tracing location register  and the list goes on and on .

• Like 1

More details on the South African index case time line of the Thai business man:

The index case of this cluster was revealed to be a Thai businessman, 32, who has a Malaysian wife. The wife had travelled from Malaysia with her child and her mother via the natural border and stayed from April 12 to May 4. All of them have travelled back to their country of origin.

The man fell ill on April 26 with stomach ache, body ache, and fever. After his family returned home on May 4, he went for a medical check-up and was admitted to a private hospital in Yala province. The positive result came out the next day.

Following the case, his village head ordered a lockdown from May 9-22 to test the community -- 698 people were classified as high-risk contacts, 83 were found to be infected of whom 67 are under treatment and 16 have been discharged. Three of the patients who have recovered were found to have been infected with the variant that emerged in South Africa

The Emergency Operation Centre is now investigating the situation.

https://www.nationthailand.com/in-focus/40001207

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Can anyone tell me how many vials of vaccine are currently in Thailand.

I don't mean # of 1st and second doses administered. I mean in stock on the ready.

You have to ask Anutin to check his fridge..........duh

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

More details on the South African index case time line of the Thai business man:

The index case of this cluster was revealed to be a Thai businessman, 32, who has a Malaysian wife. The wife had travelled from Malaysia with her child and her mother via the natural border and stayed from April 12 to May 4. All of them have travelled back to their country of origin.

The man fell ill on April 26 with stomach ache, body ache, and fever. After his family returned home on May 4, he went for a medical check-up and was admitted to a private hospital in Yala province. The positive result came out the next day.

Following the case, his village head ordered a lockdown from May 9-22 to test the community -- 698 people were classified as high-risk contacts, 83 were found to be infected of whom 67 are under treatment and 16 have been discharged. Three of the patients who have recovered were found to have been infected with the variant that emerged in South Africa

It’s possible to cross the border from Malaysia with no quarantine?

The Thai man has a Malaysian wife who lives in Malaysia? Are there many people similarly traveling between the two countries?

10 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

So he was ill before the family returned from Malaysia?

6 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

This needs more than 2 weeks now, I think 4 weeks would be minimum in Bangkok. New peak today despite the predictions of some that this was all over, very sad situation

The virus will eventually find it's way in whatever quarantines or lockdowns are implemented.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

I don't mean # of 1st and second doses administered. I mean in stock on the ready.

I can honestly say between the lies of what's been ordered 6 million, 10 million doses, and what's to be produced and what was actually delivered, I would estimate no more than 1.5 million doses are in stock, of those .5 million are for the Chinese nationals from an earlier report, and all of the AZ vaccine delivered is possibly gone as in used. There has been none delivered from the factory who is supposed to be producing it.  All pure speculation of mine based upon anecdotal evidence.

https://graphics.reuters.com/world-coronavirus-tracker-and-maps/countries-and-territories/thailand/

Thailand

96% of peak and rising 

38 infections per 100K people reported last 7 days

Updated 10:25 AM IT

Edited by ThailandRyan
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Ty Hareways said:

The virus will eventually find it's way in whatever quarantines or lockdowns are implemented.

Correct, key word there though is eventually. Delaying the virus is the aim until we have the vaccines

• Like 1

1 hour ago, worrab said:

2 of which, man and wife, managed to catch a train to Bang Saphan Noi, apparently not wearing masks! Then went to the family home of 5 members and then proceeded to go around the town and market. All of which has been closed off for disinfecting which started last night. The 2 concerned were picked up by Police and taken to hospital. It is thought that they were infected with Covid. 

Unbelievable. 

35 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

So not brought in by illegal migrants? Another smokescreen. Why were they not in a true quarantine facility in Yala upon returning begs the question to be answered. So that is possibly why The Emergency Operation Centre is now investigating the situation. Unbelievable.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

I can honestly say between the lies of what's been ordered 6 million, 10 million doses, and what's to be produced and what was actually delivered, I would estimate no more than 1.5 million doses are in stock, of those .5 million are for the Chinese nationals from an earlier report, and all of the AZ vaccine delivered is possibly gone as in used. There has been none delivered from the factory who is supposed to be producing it.  All pure speculation of mine based upon anecdotal evidence.

https://graphics.reuters.com/world-coronavirus-tracker-and-maps/countries-and-territories/thailand/

Thailand

96% of peak and rising 

38 infections per 100K people reported last 7 days

Updated 10:25 AM IT

I suggest anyone (non Thai) planning on registering to obtain vax shot should google 'monthy python cheese shop'. Hard to sell/give something you don't have in stock.

• Haha 1

General Prayut Chan-o-cha, the Prime Minister, will have his second jab tomorrow morning. He was among the first group to receive AstraZeneca on 16th March. Over 11,000 people have already received their second jab and so the PM is a bit late getting his #COVID19 #Thailand

https://twitter.com/ThaiNewsReports/status/1396397718310768642

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, placeholder said:

While the numbers may be increasing, deaths haven't been. So the increase may just be a statistical artefact due to increased testing.

You may be right if you are saying numbers previous were artificially low due to a lack of testing. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DrJack54 said:

Mmmmmm.....not off the top of my head.