Phuket foreigners to get Sinovac

webfact

1621853567_1-org.jpg

The post confirming that foreigners are to receive Sinovac vaccination injections on May 30. Screenshot: Official COVID-19 Information Center Phuket / Facebook

By The Phuket News

PHUKET: Foreigners in Phuket who have registered through the Phuket Must Win web portal to receive a state-provided COVID-19 vaccination will receive the Sinovac vaccine, and will be vaccinated on one day, May 30, the Phuket office of the Ministry of Interior has announced.

Foreigners also have just over 24 hours to choose their preferred venue and time for receiving their vaccination injection.

The news was announced Official COVID-19 Information Center Phuket Facebook page (click here), operated by the Phuket office of the Ministry of Interior, which brands its existence as “to prevent fake news or panic news”, at 2:23pm today (May 24).

Full story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-foreigners-to-get-sinovac-80102.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2021-05-25

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

Good luck ! You'd think they would wait until they got the approved WHO paperwork to inject other nationalities, but hey ho. 

They are not injecting Foreign nationalities, They are injecting foreign nationalities that work there. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, crazykopite said:

They couldn’t give this vaccine away as first prize in a televised lottery draw nobody wants it and if I’m honest I can’t blame them because I won’t be having a vaccine that has not been approved and is reported to be only 54:% . If it wasn’t good enough for the PM and his cronies then it’s not good enough for me . 

On that basis I guess you must have a terrific watch collection.

3 minutes ago, mvdf said:

Vaccine is free for foreigners in Cambodia. Nothing to pay, unlike your criminal mindset which constantly revolves around something illegal, probably a genetic thing. Or acquired.

You forget that where you live half of the population is massacred the other half, to make heaven on earth. And from your answer you indicate that you are very comfortable where you live among your fellow people.

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, webfact said:

PHUKET: Foreigners in Phuket who have registered through the Phuket Must Win web portal to receive a state-provided COVID-19 vaccination will receive the Sinovac vaccine, and will be vaccinated on one day, May 30, the Phuket office of the Ministry of Interior has announced.

So those foreigners boasting at being in the front of the queue and having their appointments confirmed might not be so smug now.

Decisions decisions.

Baby laughing.gif

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, MasterBaker said:

on one side you invite foreigners to buy property and settle in Phuket, on the other, you just discard anyone who lives there. Surprised?

That's the MO all along for any foreigner... get them in then screw them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Good luck ! You'd think they would wait until they got the approved WHO paperwork to inject other nationalities, but hey ho. 

Why buy guinea pigs when you have foreigners.

5 hours ago, ezzra said:

Will not be surprised if many will opt not to get the Sinvac instead waiting for a better one, i know i would...

as a holder of valid work permit I declare that my doze of Sinovac could be donated to some lucky guy on the retirement visa.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sirineou said:

That's because there is a lot of misinformation out there. Are you willing to bet your life on misinformation? I not you don't. so rather than relaying on information spread by some with , to ne kind" limited knowledge  on the issue, I suggest you do some research on the subject. 

Your 54% is wrong. and when looking at articles check at dates, this issue is a fast moving one and six month old data is useless. 

"China Sinovac Shot Seen Highly Effective in Real World Study "

ndonesia tracked 128,290 health workers in capital city Jakarta from January to March and found that the vaccine protected 98% of them from death and 96% from hospitalization as soon as seven days after the second dose," "

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-05-11/china-s-sinovac-shot-found-highly-effective-in-real-world-study

the vaccine protected 98% of them from death
The vaccine protects 98% against DEATH after 2 shots but doesn't protect you against contracting COVID19 so even if you get the jab

you'll be able to spread the disease personally not sure how will that help attract tourism.
The 54% is the percentage Sinovac protects against contracting COVID.
And so how long until they get 2 jabs 2 months ?

Edited by DirtyHarry55

2 hours ago, sirineou said:

That's because there is a lot of misinformation out there. Are you willing to bet your life on misinformation? I not you don't. so rather than relaying on information spread by some with , to ne kind" limited knowledge  on the issue, I suggest you do some research on the subject. 

Your 54% is wrong. and when looking at articles check at dates, this issue is a fast moving one and six month old data is useless. 

"China Sinovac Shot Seen Highly Effective in Real World Study "

ndonesia tracked 128,290 health workers in capital city Jakarta from January to March and found that the vaccine protected 98% of them from death and 96% from hospitalization as soon as seven days after the second dose," "

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-05-11/china-s-sinovac-shot-found-highly-effective-in-real-world-study

Does this mean, that 2% of the 128,290 inoculated health workers died?

Edited by Xonax