Amazing Thailand: Truck with pipes lying sideways goes 1000 km+ - no charges for driver!

webfact

16 minutes ago, herfiehandbag said:

I can remember going around a class during a lesson on the future tense, asking the children what they wanted to do in the future. The girls: teachers, doctors, nurses. One, bless her, said "I am a happy girl, I want to work in 7/11!

Virtually all the boys wanted to be policemen or soldiers.

Why?

" Get money big big!"

That would be a surprise as the answer would normally be "marry a rich farang and live happily ever after."

• Haha 1

.so... the BIBs didn't approach him, until HE was Safe to go near!  

I'd been thinking they were waitng until he got over the Border, so become another country's problem...  

9 hours ago, Forrests Father said:

I always see BIB patrol cars guarding VIP van, sedans and holiday buses on the motorway. 
flash light, sirens, inner lane. Can someone please tell me where to rent them?

That's the outer or 'fast' lane actually.

Please stay off the roads until you have learned the difference.

21 hours ago, webfact said:

Netizens went ape wondering how no police on a 1000 km plus journey wouldn't fine them or charge them with anything.

There are no police on the roads, they are busy recouping lost revenues by raiding night clubs.

i think the car in front was there to prevent the crazy stupid driver about the police presence.... that should be the real story time, not for prevent anyone else.

They are not only stupid and crazy, they are also in full deny with zero restriction.

Imagine now if the stupid driver would have been a farang... he would not ran 100 meters without to be denounced and put in jail with his picture in night news TV show and something incredible to paid to be relaxed.

(i not said that everybody citizen in Thailand are stupid, i said that stupid ones can have an incredible unrestricted life there and that there is a kind of xenophobic excessive attitude sometimes).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sydebolle said:

The police is not doing its job - that was the underlying message ...... 

That is if we make the incorrect assumption that their job is to actually enforce laws and police crime. 

In history, they were basically hired thugs to protect rich merchants.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 5/25/2021 at 12:34 PM, Oztruckie said:

Like the driver stated,there was no other way to load them,can any of these so called experts,Thai bashers on here see the other end of the load,maybe they've been welded to another even longer piece which is protruding forwards,I know I've carted plenty of oversize loads.

Thats some ‘apologist’ nonsense right there... 

The load make have been welded at the other end’ !!! LOL - what an idiotic excuse..  cut it and weld it again at the  destination !!! 

The inexcusable cannot be excused no matter how badly you want to come across as ‘not bashing Thai’s’.... 

In this case its not ‘Thai’s being bashed’.... its a handful of idiots and also the idiots who are supposed to be enforcing the laws. 

3 guys can be arrested in Samui for having a beer outdoors, but this driver gets nothing for his deadly stupidity and the police do nothing... 

• Like 2

On 5/25/2021 at 8:24 PM, Pilotman said:

The stupidly of some Thai drivers knows no bounds. They shouldn't be in charge of a supermarket trolley ( cart)  let alone a vehicle. The Police just think its normal. 

‘supermarket trollies (carts) and prams/pushchairs’

• Like 1

Say Richard, have you not seen that there are some trailers in Thailand that could have been used to haul these long pipes.

Are you really going to defend this idiot driver, who is trying to keep from getting charged with his stupidity?  I hope it

is just another Thai misunderstanding, as most incidents are.

Geezer

On 5/25/2021 at 11:36 AM, fusion58 said:

A prospective fine must not have been profitable enough to justify lifting a finger.

Have to wait until the pipes get to the destination.  The money comes out the far end. 

16 hours ago, Stargrazer9889 said:

Say Richard, have you not seen that there are some trailers in Thailand that could have been used to haul these long pipes.

Are you really going to defend this idiot driver, who is trying to keep from getting charged with his stupidity?  I hope it

is just another Thai misunderstanding, as most incidents are.

Geezer

Where have I defended the idiotic actions of this driver ?? - suggest you re-read.