Vaccine hesitancy grows ahead of Thailand's mass inoculation rollout

snoop1130

ha ha no one can get a shot or a test easily or for free.forget the half baked bs and lies.where is the testing.?its avalabl on most street corners in n amercia theyre even vaccing thais on hols there,no racist ranting from biden and co.uk and eu ditto.hesiatncy about taking something thats not here!!only in thailand,quit and get on with it ,the scam with the factory,its about time something gets done so go do it,pathetic would be a generous statement to describe the non goings on here,n. america eu uk and several other areas will be clear soon and up and running and asia?here its one of the worse situations in asia.

9 hours ago, Antonymous said:

This drummed up 'news' that you have cited from the Daily Mirror, CBS and ABC is exactly the type of propaganda that is designed to mislead the public.

No, it is not. It merely says that you may not have to be overly concerned if you get an overdose of the Pfizer vaccine, nothing else.

Spoke to my Thai mate an hour ago. He's 50, has diabetes, just one lung fully working, something wrong with his eyes that require regular injections in the eye and has constant numbness in his legs (possibly a result of the diabetes). An ideal candidate for a first tranche in the vaccine queue you'd have thought.

He's not vaccine hesitant and went yesterday to register and get a date for his first jab. This has been set for 16th January. I had to get him to repeat the date as I thought he must have got it wrong - He speaks extremely good English so there was no confusion. He lives in Lat Krabang, not far from the airport and registered at one of the government hospital that he attends regularly for the eye injections and chest checking.

Seven months wait, for a first jab in a high priority case. This isn't going to end well.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

4 minutes ago, mrfill said:

Spoke to my Thai mate an hour ago. He's 50, has diabetes, just one lung fully working, something wrong with his eyes that require regular injections in the eye and has constant numbness in his legs (possibly a result of the diabetes). An ideal candidate for a first tranche in the vaccine queue you'd have thought.

He's not vaccine hesitant and went yesterday to register and get a date for his first jab. This has been set for 16th January. I had to get him to repeat the date as I thought he must have got it wrong - He speaks extremely good English so there was no confusion. He lives in Lat Krabang, not far from the airport and registered at one of the government hospital that he attends regularly for the eye injections and chest checking.

Seven months wait, for a first jab in a high priority case. This isn't going to end well.

That's much more of a case of vaccinator hesitancy than vaccine hesitancy. 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

That's much more of a case of vaccinator hesitancy than vaccine hesitancy. 

Maybe so. It doesn't sound like much of the Bangkok population will be jabbed this year if this is typical though.

Not astonished!

A lot of Thais can read English and in every Isaan village is at least one family with contacts abroad. Therefore, they know about the desasters happening with AstraZeneca.

Only astonishing is that they still assume, Biontech/Pfizer is better. (eg. the number of deaths per 100,000 vaccinations is higher.)

And higher efficacy rate of AstraZeneca and Biontech/Pfizer versus Sinovac? ????????

If you don’t fall for the marketing campaigns showing a ridiculously high relative rate of over 90%

and just check by yourself with a calculator the underlying numbers, you will find,

you have to vaccinate 120-140 people with AstraZeneca or Biontech/Pfizer to omit 1 case. 

Edited by BernieOnTour
  • Like 2

People hesitate about getting the vaccines. It is not about which kind of vaccine

Young people feels that they are immune because of their age other fear that the vaccination will not provide them adequate protection.

The truth of the matter is that none of the vaccines has proven perfect protection  and for how long. Many unanswered questions...

The only thing we know that the spread of the virus infection is going down with vaccination.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Shalom said:

Deadliest Covid 19? 

Thailand has reported 135,439 infections and 832 deaths since the pandemic began last year.

Less than 1 percent!

Very dangerous.

The problem with quoting those numbers is that they are immediately wrong and understated. 

23 hours ago, placeholder said:

I will gladly take Coronavac if that's all I can get. That said, there is no good reason why Sinovac is not disclosing all the data it has about their vaccine. That's not how science is supposed to work. Especially in such a crucial public health issue.

I suspect the data issue is to do with there being no over 60s in the original clinical trials and it is this lack of data that has held up WHO approval. China has donated huge amounts of the vaccine while it conducted further clinical trials so now has a mountain of real world data.

Further data has been submitted to the WHO and from what I understand a ruling is due tomorrow.

I am with you, I would take Sinovac rather than wait a great deal longer on the basis of something is better than nothing. The UK is already talking about a 3rd jab so who knows where it is all going.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, steevjee said:

Frogs**t no one wants it !  the vast majority want it and are getting it.

Some choose to wait for Pfizer and possibly Moderna , but most are content with AZ

It's people misreporting things that causes fear in a minority

Yawn......Zzzz

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-05-22/if-public-has-vaccine-hesitancy-government-strategy-hesitancy/100154798

1 hour ago, 4MyEgo said:

Yawn.... Zzzzz, again you get it WRONG.. hesitancy, is used once, in that whole article, on further research it simply means people are asking questions... hesitancy does NOT equate to NOT wanting.. geez mate.

On 5/26/2021 at 11:02 AM, Bobydog said:

I had my shot of Astra Zeneca 3 weeks ago and I'm happy to report that I had no side effects at all..

I had Pf. and couple days slight fewer, nothing else. After two months second one, and they say it might be worse then. People I know had no any side effects, even after second one. Indian one seems to be tricky one. Even with full vaccination health care workers got it and spread it in and out of hospital. In few days from few to almost 100. And they were using masks and other protective stuff, so it's more spreading than others. 

On 5/24/2021 at 11:46 PM, snoop1130 said:

Vaccine hesitancy has risen sharply in Thailand

It is not just Thailand hesitant regardless of availability

Just look for example at the USA so fat with vaccines that I could literally walk into a dozen places today without an appointment

Whether that be CVS pharmacies, Safeway Markets, Target Stores, Walmart etc etc etc

Choose from Pfizer, Moderna, or J&J  all available all no wait no line no appointment

Know why? Because basically the part of the population that wanted a jab got it the rest do not want it period.

So the USA stands at approximately 40% vaccinated

I imagine it is the same in most countries there are those just dying to get it & those who say meh

As it should be...there is no argument

• Like 1

On 5/26/2021 at 6:17 PM, placeholder said:

You got any solid evidence to show that they are misrepresenting their results or just more reflexive allegations to share with us?

Interesting to note from the clinical trials submitted by Pfizer that there were 3410 suspected but unconfirmed cases.  Details on page 42.

https://www.fda.gov/media/144245/download  

"Among 3410 total cases of suspected but unconfirmed COVID-19 in the overall study population, 1594 occurred in the vaccine group vs. 1816 in the placebo group. Suspected COVID-19 cases that occurred within 7 days after any vaccination were 409 in the vaccine group vs. 287 in the placebo group"

So all of these cases were thrown out of the trial.