Big Brother spoke to me today and I didn't like it

smylee52

24 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

Did you install any apps on your phone recently ? The apps that scan qr codes at entrances?

No. I have an annoying ASUS phone that you need to install an APP to read QR codes . The APP was migrated to another phone along with all the other APPS by an inexperienced technician so now i have two identical phones for different uses .  The phone I carried today is basically my telephone and Facebook . It does not have the QR APP . It did have the Government APP Morchana but it was removed .

Maybe data stayed on this phone that I am not aware of . If I happen to return I won;t bring my phone

and ask him what's my name ????

I  don;t  have data activated on my phone and I didn't log into the Wi-fi at this location .  Maybe the AIS phone network is all they need to lift my info .  I may be in the general vicinity of this business in the near future and walk in without my phone . I hope the table is manned so I can confirm it was my phone that gave me away . 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, fangless said:

Have you used your Facebook ID to log into that Commercial venue Wi-Fi at anytime in the past.  If so go to your Facebook page and depending on your settings you will see the occasions you have entered there.

No Facebook Check ins at this location for me.

• Thanks 1

Maybe the photo machine set up is linked to the immigration data base and is now used upon entering known locations to enable them to track you should a Covid infection occur inside the location you were present at.  Just a thought.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, johng said:

Except they wont let you self isolate !  they will march you off to a Covid internment camp for a forced 2 week "holiday"

not to mention the  shoving of cotton buds so far up the nostril to almost  cause a lobotomy ????

Harden up Johnno, you might even make some new friends at the camp. Might be some pretty girls there.

And my grandmother had the nostril check and didn't complain a bit. Nothing to fear.

• Confused 4

2 hours ago, RobMuir said:

when visiting Mia nois in curtain hotels these days it is advisable to take the old motorbike and forget your phone.

and still get detected and recognized by every single CCTV on the street :D

58 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Its not from the temperature device or any facial recognition, nothing widely available is that sophisticated yet and those that are will not ID through your face-masks. Not even the Smart Phones can run face ID through a face mask. 

Op has obviously logged in, registered etc before and he has been picked up via BlueTooth. 

Interesting .. I thought you needed to pair with a device for Bluetooth to communicate .  

I wasn't wearing a face mask as the device was outside and I generally put on the mask after 

checking my temperature and before passing by people.

10 minutes ago, smylee52 said:

Interesting .. I thought you needed to pair with a device for Bluetooth to communicate .  

I wasn't wearing a face mask as the device was outside and I generally put on the mask after 

checking my temperature and before passing by people.

Careful with that....   Someone will take a photo of you outside without your face-mask on. 

You’ll then be a subject of a ThaiVisa thread with scores of members demanding you are blacklisted or arrested for your crime....  you’ll be accused of being British and blamed for the B.1.1.7 outbreak in Thailand !

Anyway, its highly unlikely there is any sophisticated facial recognition software at any supermarket, department store or mall etc in Thailand.

IF you are running any App that you have recently registered to... i.e. Moh Promt, Thailand Plus, MohChana (Phuket)... (there may be others) or even a specific app for that ‘commercial venue’ then its likely that this was the source of ID (i.e. it wasn’t you who was ID’d, but your BlueTooth Signal, ergo your phone).

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Anyway, its highly unlikely there is any sophisticated facial recognition software at any supermarket, department store or mall etc in Thailand.

there is no need to install sophisticated facial recognition software in every single store when you could just send the photo to the main server for further processing.