British man accused of brutally murdering Thai girlfriend faces extradition from Spain

webfact

2 hours ago, Smithson said:

the evidence in the story is very limited.

The "evidence" in the Thaivisa story is irrelevant to his trial and is obviously limited.  Thaivisa members are not the jury although some do seem think that they are the judge.

Edited by Liverpool Lou
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Can jury members. anywhere, be influenced by cake boxes stuffed full of money too?

Certainly, but I was alluding to a well known case in Thailand where a judge was caught being bribed by a cake box full of money. 

Bribes aren't the issue in this case though, any bias from the bench will likely come from flaws like corruption, inferiority complex, political pressure, overt nationalism, fear/distrust of foreigners all the way through to out and out racism. There's also other factors like improper handling of evidence, Police planting evidence, DNA tampering, defence council being inept or deferring to poo yais on the prosecution side, poor communication, etc. 

Many would argue this was exactly what happened during the conviction of two Burmese for the murders committed on Koh Tao. 

If the evidence is there, and I mean concrete evidence then he goes down, and rightly so, but circumstantial evidence should not be enough to convict.

Remember it is the job of the prosecution to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that the accused committed the crime. 

If the doubt is there...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, robblok said:

No i advocate for throwing away the key for doing a runner. Cant deny he is guilty of that. 

You advocate throwing away the key just for doing a runner from an accusation that he is, at this stage, innocent of?      Even though things don't look good for him, he hasn't been found guilty of anything, yet, has he?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mr Meeseeks said:
2 hours ago, robblok said:

Do like to know how you know he is a steroid user

“He has been known to do things like this in the past, after taking bodybuilding drugs”

https://www.stickboybkk.com/news/shane-looker-linked-to-two-more-killings-in-northern-thailand/

More important than that speculation is this fact from the same report...

"The allegation that Shane Looker is being investigated for two more murders is 100% unconfirmed..."

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BritManToo said:

Red Bull heir ........ no fair trial.

He hasn't even appeared in court yet so how can you say his trial wasn't fair? 

"Yingluck and Thaiksin .......... no fair trial".

Didn't they both do runners to avoid trials?

"3 old white guys having a sneaky drink in Phuket ...... no fair trial".

Did they want a trial?   Maybe they confessed to the police and were fined?   Maybe you know different and will let us know that outcome?

Edited by Liverpool Lou
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, Rampant Rabbit said:

Police say they unable to find him  refer to Red Bull  heir  case, oh wait!

Probably the Red Bull heir don't need to use his real name to book a car in a garage for repair, rich people use to have staff for that...????

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, webfact said:

A British man wanted in connection with the brutal murder and dismemberment of a woman in Thailand faces extradition from Spain, after his appeal was rejected by the European Court of Human Rights

Easy as pie.  Now, why can't they find and extradite the Ferrari driving heir of a billionaire who killed a police officer an then fled the country? 
Answer:  Because they don't want to.  But they can find anyone else for extradition without a problem in the world. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Rampant Rabbit said:

Police say they unable to find him  refer to Red Bull  heir  case, oh wait!

Because if you are rich and connected, then even Western governments will protect you even for murder.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

The "evidence" in the Thaivisa story is irrelevant to his trial and is obviously limited.  Thaivisa members are not the jury although some do seem think that they are the judge.

Im neither..............I'm the executioner????

11 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

"The allegation that Shane Looker is being investigated for two more murders is 100% unconfirmed..."

I don't take much stock in the Steroids made him do it. Even if he used it in 99.9% of the cases just like in 99.9% of the cases of drinking alcohol it does not turn one into a violent offender. Even if it did then its no excuse as he took it voluntarily.

I have known quite a few people who took steroids and only a few expressed that they got more aggressive. However these guys noticed it themselves so then stop taking it. Same like one should stop drinking if you become a violent drunk.

So i think the steroid use is just something people like to express as it paints a bad picture while reality is different in most cases. In a really small minority it does change a person but that is something if it happens you notice so then stop taking it can't use it as an excuse.

• Confused 1

22 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

You advocate throwing away the key just for doing a runner from an accusation that he is, at this stage, innocent of?      Even though things don't look good for him, he hasn't been found guilty of anything, yet, has he?

Throwing away the key is a bit of an overstatement but doing a runner is an offence. If your not guilty of something but you ignore police and do a runner your guilty of that. 

2 hours ago, Smithson said:

I haven't seen that at all. While on the other hand you are advocating throwing away the key because he was on CCTV with the victim? While I agree there's a strong chance he's guilty, the evidence in the story is very limited.

I would imagine cutting someone up, stuffing them in a case and dumping the body must leave some kind of dna or fingerprints. Very possible they cannot show more evidence until they dna test him and fingerprint him. Could also clear him of course.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, robblok said:

I have known quite a few people who took steroids and only a few expressed that they got more aggressive.

There is a medically proven reason for getting angry. Imagine paying for a hooker to go to Hua Hin with you and then not being able to get it up !

Steroids can make someone feel more sexually confident and boost their sex drive and as a result they might be more likely to risk getting or passing on HIV. But steroids can also weaken a man’s sex drive and cause erection problems. Balls may shrink as the body no longer needs to make its own testosterone

https://www.tradesexualhealth.com/sexual-health/sex-drugs/steroids.html

Edited by Neeranam
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Bluespunk said:
6 hours ago, Ralf001 said:

Reading between the lines I don't think the Thai police were actually looking for Mr Looker.

They issued an international arrest warrant for him, so I think they were looking for him in one of the few ways possible outside their jurisdiction. 

RTP requested Interpol to issue a red notice which was circulated, there is no such thing as an "international arrest warrant".   

Interpol notices simply advise members of those who are wanted, it cannot enforce the arrest of those subject to their notices but those member countries can detain people subject to the notices if they choose to.

4 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

I would imagine cutting someone up, stuffing them in a case and dumping the body must leave some kind of dna or fingerprints. Very possible they cannot show more evidence until they dna test him and fingerprint him. Could also clear him of course.

There's been a couple of extraditions in recent years. The most memorable one was the Brit who stabbed the ex marine in Phuket. In this case the evidence was very strong, they had CCTV of him running and taking the knife from 7/11, plus many witnesses.

In this case I think there's also be strong evidence, which is not stated in the article.

5 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

There is a medically proven reason for getting angry. Imagine paying for a hooker to go to Hua Hin with you and then not being able to get it up !

Steroids can make someone feel more sexually confident and boost their sex drive and as a result they might be more likely to risk getting or passing on HIV. But steroids can also weaken a man’s sex drive and cause erection problems. Balls may shrink as the body no longer needs to make its own testosterone

https://www.tradesexualhealth.com/sexual-health/sex-drugs/steroids.html

Actually that is an effect that is often promoted but rarely happens. You just need to keep your estrogen under control. There are a lot of bad stories about steroids (some true) but in general if you use it at times and take precautions its not that risky.

Dose dependent though, but that goes for all drugs.

People usually have trouble with sex drive when coming off and then not doing a PCT. It stems from stupidity and lack of research. Then again i seen plenty stories of dumb people doing steroids while they had no clue. So im sure it happens.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Mr Meeseeks said:
2 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Thailand is a totally corrupt country there are no fair trials.

Red Bull heir ........ no fair trial.

The Thai MP who shot his wife 'accidentally' at the dinner table ...... no fair trial.

Yingluck and Thaiksin .......... no fair trial.

The Burmese guys at Koh Tao ....... no fair trial.

3 old white guys having a sneaky drink in Phuket ...... no fair trial.

I could probably think of 20 more.

All that counts at a trial in Thailand is money, family and influence and bribes to a 100% corrupt police force and judiciary.

No reputable western country should ever allow extradition of anyone for any crime to Thailand.

Expand  

Sad to say, but this is 100% correct. 

No, that is not 100% correct.   

Vorayuth has not even appeared in court yet, never mind "not had a fair trial".

The Shinawatras  both did runners to avoid fair trials.

Did the three illegal drinkers want a trial or did they admit the offences?

9 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

RTP requested Interpol to issue a red notice which was circulated, there is no such thing as an "international arrest warrant".   

Interpol notices simply advise members of those who are wanted, it cannot enforce the arrest of those subject to their notices but those member countries can detain people subject to the notices if they choose to.

The OP refers to an international warrant for his arrest, hence my admittedly reordered wording. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, robblok said:
35 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

I don't take much stock in the Steroids made him do it. Even if he used it in 99.9% of the cases just like in 99.9% of the cases of drinking alcohol it does not turn one into a violent offender. Even if it did then its no excuse as he took it voluntarily.

I have known quite a few people who took steroids and only a few expressed that they got more aggressive. However these guys noticed it themselves so then stop taking it. Same like one should stop drinking if you become a violent drunk.

So i think the steroid use is just something people like to express as it paints a bad picture while reality is different in most cases. In a really small minority it does change a person but that is something if it happens you notice so then stop taking it can't use it as an excuse.

What are you telling me all that for, did I mention steroids at all?  I was only  pointing out that nothing in that article was confirmed as accurate by the author.

1 minute ago, Liverpool Lou said:

What are you telling me all that for, did I mention steroids at all?  I was only  pointing out that nothing in that article was confirmed as accurate by the author.

What I am saying is

1) steroids rarely cause extra aggression

2) if they did then he knew about it and it can't be used as an excuse

2 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

No, that is not 100% correct.   

Vorayuth has not even appeared in court yet, never mind "not had a fair trial".

The Shinawatras  both did runners to avoid fair trials.

Did the three illegal drinkers want a trial or did they admit the offences?

But there is a trial that requires no money donated. Then there is a fair trail that needs some money donated and of course there is not guilt trial favoured by hisos that need a lot of money donated. So in essence the justice system here could be considered a a 3 level affair.

7 hours ago, webfact said:

Thai police, who issued an international warrant for his arrest, say that Looker was the last person to see Manochat alive and have CCTV footage of the couple walking hand in hand from a bar in Nana Plaza.

Is that the girl from Rainbow 4 that was killed?

3 hours ago, Smithson said:

I remember this case. They were after him pretty quickly following the discovery of the body. I wonder how he left Thailand? The chances of guilt are high if they agree to extradition.

While he may not receive the death penalty, there's a fair chance of inhumane treatment judging by photos of Thai prisons. It would be good if foreign government's could use this as leverage when considering extradition, not for the sake of this guy, but for all those in for minor drug possession.

Odds on he will get Covid anyway, guilty or not.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, robblok said:

Throwing away the key is a bit of an overstatement but doing a runner is an offence. If your not guilty of something but you ignore police and do a runner your guilty of that. 

He fled over the border to Malaysia by train, surely if he was wanted by Police he would have been picked up at immigration?