PM reassures every Thai they will be vaccinated against COVID-19 this year

webfact

14 hours ago, Forza2002 said:

Nothing wrong with my maths.. In fact my estimate of 2.5M with 1 jab wasn't far away.. https://www.tatnews.org/category/covid-19-stats/

6,301 fully vaccinated yesterday. Wow.

Saturdays and Sundays should be peak vaccination days of the week.

Clearly supplies are about to run dry.

Time to halve the dose? Studies show waving the vaccine vial near a person helps?

At that rate the target of 50 m (49 m remaining) will be reached in what, a decade or two?

• Haha 1

Let me translate. The PM is 

On 5/30/2021 at 11:42 AM, law ling said:

If your math is correct, why hasn't every Thai news service pointed this out, and challenged the Czar's pledge as very likely not achievable?

What about the second jab? 

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, ChipButty said:

So far Im not impressed considering they want to open Phuket this week I know a few Thai's who cant get a vaccine because they are not registered in a tabien baan in Phuket 

My partner is not registered in Phuket but she has had both jabs at Orchid Karon.

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/29/2021 at 12:28 PM, Thailarry said:

I live in a small village in Central Thailand.  10 days ago the local nurse came to the compound and put us all down on her records.  Yesterday we were given a 06 June 21 appointment for the vax.  How does that sound for organized?  I hope all you grumpy old men do not get upset with this news.

Pfizer?

On 5/29/2021 at 8:49 PM, the green light said:

The PM points out the main issue is availability of the vaccines and method of distribution. We all know that..

People should not read into  it that there will be a quick solution within few months and return to normality . everyone is focusing on tourism.  Nobody will go on vacation to Thailand this year.. That is a wishful thought. 

Given how other countries are managing the vaccine distribution for many month , herd immunity has not be reached yet or even reached it  like in the Seychelles island people got  infected (recent news). The fear is mutation of the virus. 

Assuming that the virus does not  keep on mutation ,  we should look at mid next year before most of the population will be vaccinated

In today news, Guangzhou went into lockdown even with their vaccination effort.

Normality in the world will not happen soon.

NOBODY will go on vacation soon.

I am on a holiday now in Sweden, life is good here.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 5/28/2021 at 4:58 PM, rodknock said:

and pigs fly!!

They will when the space program ramps up.  (Graphic courtesy of the Ministry of Muppets.)

I just wish they would concentrate on their VAX program.  The way they are going, it's going to be another year to catch up with some other countries. 

image.png.1ac6ac3a2a820b0ad3d665f0c16cdbc0.png

Edited by Damrongsak

On 5/28/2021 at 5:12 PM, stevefronter said:

Better get a move on then. That’s about 750,000 jabs a day starting 1st June.

Absolutely no chance.

UK is only averaging around 500,000 a day and that’s with a lot of practice and organisation.

Yep.  In early April, the US peaked at a 7 day moving average of 3.4 million shots per day after about 120 days.  We wuz scared.  Now the moving average is about 425K per day and they are begging people to get free shots as we approach 57% of the population ≥ 12 years old fully vaccinated. 

Thai authorities must get a move on!  The PM "took charge", but does he have a real handle on the myriad little bureaucracies that control the many rubber stamps required to get anything done?  Army Dude is out of his element. 

The problem is that graphs of vaccinations carried out since the start of the mass rollout, show that the government is well behind on its schedule to vaccinate 50 million people before year end, let alone all Thai’s. And falling further behind every day.

so his words without something concrete behind them to show how the trend will change, are just words.

On 5/29/2021 at 9:34 AM, DavisH said:

One reason is that the UK (823/100000) also has about 4x mas many nurses per head of population the Thailand (275/100000). Even if there are enough vaccines, they just don't have the nursing staff to do massive numbers of vaccinations. My wife, who is a RN but not working in a hospital, has also been doing vaccinations (about 100 a day for her). The staff are stretched petty thin. 

A good reason to spread out the vaccines so they can maximise distribution. Keeping it in Bangkok when they are out of nurses does not help anyone, maybe some nurses in Chiang Mai, Trat and Loei can help?

On 5/29/2021 at 4:12 AM, stevefronter said:

Better get a move on then. That’s about 750,000 jabs a day starting 1st June.

Absolutely no chance.

UK is only averaging around 500,000 a day and that’s with a lot of practice and organisation.

750,000 jabs a day from June is 157.5 million jabs, there aren't that many Thais

9 minutes ago, FritsSikkink said:

750,000 jabs a day from June is 157.5 million jabs, there aren't that many Thais

Each person needs 2 pricks. 

I think everyone will have had their first one by EOY.