Covid vax: If you want Moderna at private hospital you'll have to wait until October

webfact

18 minutes ago, WineOh said:

This tells me all I need to know about what brand of Jab will be offered to me on June 7th.

I was gonna turn up at the hospital nice and early & in my Sunday best....

Now I don't think i'll bother.

It will be Sinovac or nothing for us farangs.
Like it or lump it.

It's been approved by the WHO, so get it into yeh. ????

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

October?  Maybe.  Also, does this mean anyone, any age or any health condition can get the Moderna vaccine as long as they are willing to pay for it?  Or will a priority of need list be established as well(those who are older and/or with under lying health conditions be first).  Either way I do no see myself or anyone else in my category(under 60 and in overall good health) getting vaccinated anytime in the near future.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, clokwise said:

but if it's some random dude smuggling vials through customs in his luggage (or elsewhere) I'd be wary

The risk from getting injected with an unknown jab via something like this is waaaaaaaay higher than the minor risk of a negative Covid outcome or the miniscule risk of a negative outcome from not-your-favorite-vaccine-brand.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

18 minutes ago, clokwise said:

at xxxxxxxx Hospital. He's registered and everything. It's a done deal, so he says. Apparently some doses are being privately imported right now,

Private importation is potentially illegal. The bigger private hospitals would never risk it. Soi clinics on the other hand?

• Sad 1

JUst as my Doctor told me on the 17th of May when I saw him.  Looks like a wait for many of us who do not want the Sinovac, Sinopharm, or even the AZ when and if it makes an appearance.

• Like 2