Thailand reports 2,631 new COVID-19 cases, 31 new deaths

webfact

29 minutes ago, RupertIII said:

My wife tried to register me with Sikarin Hospital in BKK this morning and was told the same - have to contact my embassy.

Isn't that a private hospital?

There would be a lot less confusion if people followed the guidelines and made enquiries at government facilities.

I had no problem registering at the Chonburi local authority before the Mor Phrom was introduced.

4 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

According to the Pattaya News, its due to finding 2 new clusters.

But, this begs the question of whether Whack a Mole is going to be effective. By the time a cluster is identified, the virus may have already spread elsewhere.

On 10th April there were 141 cases in Chonburi, and about 7 weeks later it is 101.

Hardly an exponential explosion, but feel free to spread what you want.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, sandyf said:

Isn't that a private hospital?

There would be a lot less confusion if people followed the guidelines and made enquiries at government facilities.

I had no problem registering at the Chonburi local authority before the Mor Phrom was introduced.

You mean the guidelines that said go to the hospital that has your medical records? Or walk right up to a vaccination Centre? Or......you get what I mean?

and my private hospital called me and registered me.

in fact, in my short 13 years in Thailand, making enquiries  at government facilities is almost guaranteed to bring about confusion.

but good that things worked out for you. Others have achieved the same thing in different ways.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, robertson468 said:

There seems to be an awfully high ratio of deaths to infections.  Anyone know why?

1.2%.... ? It is a number around 2.0% worldwide. It may be a little higher than in the past for Thailand.... The deaths' were surprisingly low last year.....

8 hours ago, dinsdale said:

Today or tomorrow will see Thailand at number 80 on the covid charts. A move up of 37 spots in around 6 or 7 wks.

IMHO Its the here and now that matters. Why not give Thailand its proper status in Covid cases?

Now Number 5 on the daily new cases. Even above India.

Its been heading up the charts very well recently.
Another upward lurch and they will get to no 3.
Could they be poised to claim the number 1 spot soon?

Worldometers thailand 4 june 21.JPG

Edited by jojothai
add info
  • Sad 1

47 minutes ago, robertson468 said:

There seems to be an awfully high ratio of deaths to infections.  Anyone know why?

I would suspect that they can not lie about deaths, unless they are illegal migrants of course, but they can lie and depress the numbers of covid infections and/or simply not testing of course.

9 minutes ago, anchadian said:

I’ve just come out of a meeting with the Governor & deputy governors of the TAT about the #PhuketSandbox plan. The good news is that it will go ahead as it has been approved in principle by the CCSA. The bad news is that the 7 days is now 14 days before you can visit elsewhere.

https://twitter.com/RichardBarrow/status/1400760895093952513

Richard barrow makes the point that tourists who arrive under the sandbox scheme don’t have to stay all day in the SHA approved hotel, they can go where they like on the island.

what he doesn’t say is that currently they cannot go to a bar for a drink, or have wine with their meal, or, in the event my sister were to come, she could not visit me at my house for a “social gathering”.

it’s a holiday Jim, but not as we know it.

maybe those rules will change.

• Sad 1

53 minutes ago, FarFlungFalang said:

Maybe they use the same calculator the TAT uses.

Close proximity workings going on.  It is why it's been good for office workers to work from home.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, anchadian said:

I’ve just come out of a meeting with the Governor & deputy governors of the TAT about the #PhuketSandbox plan. The good news is that it will go ahead as it has been approved in principle by the CCSA. The bad news is that the 7 days is now 14 days before you can visit elsewhere.

https://twitter.com/RichardBarrow/status/1400760895093952513

That's makes as much sense as telling people they are basically quarantined.  Hopefully the restrictions to stay on the property are relaxed.  Traveling with a paid guide for individual day trips was also something that had been in the plan for visiting Kho PiPi and such places.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jojothai said:

IMHO Its the here and now that matters. Why not give Thailand its proper status in Covid cases?

You have to wait until 23hrs GMT to get the true picture, the world runs on 24 time zones, e.g. Uk isn't going to report it's numbers at mid-day Thai time. Plus some countries numbers are drip fed due to individual state/province reporting methods.

• Like 1

Hongkongers can fly direct to Phuket from July as Thailand seeks to kick-start tourism sector, but experts say success of scheme depends on quarantine-free travel

Thai Airways to resume service from July 2 with minimum cost of ticket just over HK$3,000

But Thailand listed as high risk by Hong Kong, meaning anyone returning from country faces two to three weeks in quarantine

But travel industry stakeholders said whether tourism could be revived between the two destinations would depend on the governments reaching a consensus over quarantine-free arrangements.

Thai authorities are hoping tourists will soon return to empty hotels and beaches, like this one in Phuket. Photo: Reuters

https://www.scmp.com/news/hong-kong/hong-kong-economy/article/3136115/hongkongers-can-fly-direct-phuket-july-thailand

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, jojothai said:

131,371 new cases reported today in India. What you have done is looked at this early. Even this number may rise. The numbers tick over as data comes in unlike testing data from Thailand which now and for well more than a month hasn't ticked over at all.

Edited by dinsdale