Thailand reports 2,817 new COVID-19 cases, 36 new deaths

webfact

Just now, Danderman123 said:

Maybe Brian’s weekly spike will be reported tomorrow.

If not, maybe that means the numbers are going down.

David, Don't keep repeating this every week please its getting boring. Of course if you keep saying this same old thing week in week out there will most certainly become a time that for once, just once in the future you will be correct. But for the time being and for the months ahead become a realist not an optimist.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Excel said:

David, Don't keep repeating this every week please its getting boring. Of course if you keep saying this same old thing week in week out there will most certainly become a time that for once, just once in the future you will be correct. But for the time being and for the months ahead become a realist not an optimist.

Exactly the same could be said about the predictions of the "pessimists" a few months ago! The regular posters here are now every familiar with certain BM's views, and I for one value hearing both sides, not just one person's "realism".

• Like 1

14 hours ago, daveAustin said:

If she’s thinking reported numbers are suspiciously low, then clever girl. x20-50 ish. 

Are deaths the same rate underestimated? They must be, otherwise, it stands to reason that Thais are practically already immune to infection. If not, why are the bodies not piling up? Why are so few in hospital on ventilators? 

8 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

I can't speak for DavisH, but I think the point he's making is that it's still a relatively low figure for this pandemic. 

Yes thanks to the current measures. Would have been even lower if they had locked down previously and the situation would be much better now

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Yes thanks to the current measures. Would have been even lower if they had locked down previously and the situation would be much better now

So you agree the current measured are effective.Great news.

6 minutes ago, Olmate said:

So you agree the current measured are effective.Great news.

You are welcome. Any measures are effective. The current measures however have led to this prolonged outbreak. Read my post again.

Edited by Bkk Brian

On 6/5/2021 at 3:22 AM, Macrohistory said:

Let's face it, 2,500 cases a day means that the virus is effectively circulating out of control.  There is no way the public health people can contact-trace for 2,500 cases a day.  So-called "clusters" pop up where testing happens to be going on, but in reality the virus is all over the place, or soon will be -- at least in Bangkok.  It may not be all over the place in high concentrations, though, so infection is still avoidable for any given individual.  The only thing to do now is socially isolate as much as possible and wait for a vaccine.

My Thai family in Issan tell me they have never seen any testing locally in the Surin district , there is no social distancing , crowded markets continue , half mast mask wearing at best by many . no recorded entry into larger shops , over crowded buses , little if any government guideline or covid info broadcast on the television .   Breaking news -- now a serious belief that the virus is being carried in the wind for miles , say scientists ( but I cannot find a link as of yet ) , avoid popular convenience such as 7-11s especially if on a long journey cos these places are used by many long distance lorry drivers from Bangkok . Try to avoid using cash as the virus sticks to bank notes . Sanitize every product bought from shopping malls etc with disinfectant wipes when you get home cos many customers take products off the shelf to read product info and then replace to the shelf . Is there online shopping in your area which can also deliver ? if not try to have 1 shop a week only . 

18 minutes ago, superal said:

My Thai family in Issan tell me they have never seen any testing locally in the Surin district , there is no social distancing , crowded markets continue , half mast mask wearing at best by many . no recorded entry into larger shops , over crowded buses , little if any government guideline or covid info broadcast on the television .   Breaking news -- now a serious belief that the virus is being carried in the wind for miles , say scientists ( but I cannot find a link as of yet ) , avoid popular convenience such as 7-11s especially if on a long journey cos these places are used by many long distance lorry drivers from Bangkok . Try to avoid using cash as the virus sticks to bank notes . Sanitize every product bought from shopping malls etc with disinfectant wipes when you get home cos many customers take products off the shelf to read product info and then replace to the shelf . Is there online shopping in your area which can also deliver ? if not try to have 1 shop a week only . 

Good ideas. Hows the numbers of infections in Surin? 

Thailand reports 2,671 new COVID-19 cases, 23 deaths

2021-05-31T080714Z_1_LYNXNPEH4U08O_RTROPTP_4_HEALTH-CORONAVIRUS-THAILAND.jpeg

FILE PHOTO: A woman from Klong Toey community receives coronavirus disease (COVID-19) vaccine, in Bangkok, Thailand, May 4, 2021. REUTERS/Soe Zeya Tun/File Photo

Thailand on Sunday (June 6) reported 2,671 new COVID-19 cases and 23 deaths.

Full story: https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1219610-thailand-reports-2671-new-covid-19-cases-23-deaths/

//CLOSED//

/Admin