paranormal or coincidence?

46 minutes ago, faraday said:

Last week I had 2 nights in hospital, in a private room so my wife was with me all the time.

Hospitals are crazy places... I was in for 9 days and I insisted on staying alone as it was a 2 hour drive and I wanted my wife to stay home w/our kid... 

Nothing paranormal [maybe some sleep enhancers] for me but a few incidents, I am not sure if they were real or dreams... 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 1FinickyOne said:

He found her, I thought.

Thank you so much for sharing this inspiring and lovely story. I strongly believe in the paranormal, the afterlife and reincarnation since I had an NDE in the 2004 tsunami and have seen and experienced "the other side" for myself... I hope that your doggies are all untited in heaven and that you all will be reunited once it's time for you to pass on. Keep up the faith and believe only in yourself. Love and light, Freidenker

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, clivebaxter said:

So off we went to another night of ghostly tales, at least I never had to pay a joiner fee for her friend. 

Made my day!!!! Never throught I'd hear a paranormal story involving one of my favourite Sukhumvit joints. Never had a threesome with a ghost, yet... Great story! Thanks!!!!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, worgeordie said:

when he described her ,it was

my grandmother,  she was into spiritual stuff  , seances , and that.

Two great stories - thank a lot for sharing, Worgeordie! Make sure to put some prayers in for your grannie. Bless her!

Just now, Freigeist365 said:

Thanks for sharing this nice story, Soalbundy! There are NO coincidences in life, none!!!

True, coincidence is the wrong word, causality is the master of all things, your tomorrows are causal events, you just haven't got there yet but they await you on the causal wave that started at the big bang, you can change nothing, every choice you make has its causal origin, the whole universe is a causal event as is every colliding atom.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Freigeist365 said:

Made my day!!!! Never throught I'd hear a paranormal story involving one of my favourite Sukhumvit joints. Never had a threesome with a ghost, yet... Great story! Thanks!!!!

Another of her paranormal confessions was about her Canadian boyfriend she had bee really keen on. Whilst she did not see her dead friend, often when she was with her bf she saw a apparition of a dead westerner which got disturbing. Bf never saw anything but when he asked her to describe what she saw he recognized it was his best friend who had died in a car accident. Not being able to put up with it she ended the relationship. I often wish I had kept in touch, before the 97 crash she had been a singer at Thonburi cafe in Bkk

• Thanks 1

I wonder if any of you have very weird dreams that seem more than just dreams. Do we connect with others ?   A common one I have is an odd looking pub. I go up the stairs from the down stairs bar and at the upper bar are 4 blokes . I have never met them except in my dream yet I know their names.  I keep hoping one night the dream will reveal the pub name and the 4 guys sitting there. Do , when we sleep have our dreams join others as they float about ?  Or am I just dreaming ?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, toofarnorth said:

I wonder if any of you have very weird dreams that seem more than just dreams. Do we connect with others ?   A common one I have is an odd looking pub. I go up the stairs from the down stairs bar and at the upper bar are 4 blokes . I have never met them except in my dream yet I know their names.  I keep hoping one night the dream will reveal the pub name and the 4 guys sitting there. Do , when we sleep have our dreams join others as they float about ?  Or am I just dreaming ?

I am noticing that my dreams can get quite vivid at times, maybe a function of being older?? 

I also find that while watching a movie I can lightly doze off and my dream converges with the movie happenings... 

I did a seance once with friends, almost 40 years ago. We "talked" to several spirits that night, including my grannie and auntie who both passed away a few years before. We got answers to questions like, "Will there be world peace? What year and initiated by whom?" and the answers were all correct as we later found when the Berlin wall fell and "Gorbie" was our friend... all answers correct, down to the very year (1989).

Several other answers also were correct and I would find out about that several years later as only a few family members held the key, respectively knew the true answer to different questions that puzzled me and were "not to be spoken about". During the seance, there were changes in room temperature and also strange things happening with electric circuits. We were all amateurs, no "professional" medium was present who could have fiddled things.

But the kicker was the following... We have been sitting there for what felt maybe a maximum of two hours with the seance starting at 23:00h, suddenly, the sun came up and it was 07:00 in the morning, just like a time slip. My kitchen clock stopped dead at 01:00 am and it was working before and never failed me, yet - that clock would never work again, unrepairable damage to the circuit, battery full... 

I also have premonition dreams - they come as three successive dreams over a period of two weeks, getting more and more detailed with each successive dream... I knew the gender of my 1st and 3rd child before the ultrasound was due and saw a car accident I was involved in coming weeks before. My car (full loss) had damages that were similar to the ones in the last dream - to the T!!!

Also had an NDE in the 2004 tsunami of which I had only premonition dream one or two, but the NDE alone was something that could fill a book...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, toofarnorth said:

Talking of cats which we are not.  I remember years ago reading about a hospice and a lovely cat there.  The nurses knew which patient was dying next as this cat went on the bed at night to share a last moment with the patient.

animals can be very sensitive... my parent's had a dog and it was devoted to my father... the only time he ever came to me was when I was in bed w/a migraine headache.

9 minutes ago, clivebaxter said:

Another of her paranormal confessions was about her Canadian boyfriend she had bee really keen on. Whilst she did not see her dead friend, often when she was with her bf she saw a apparition of a dead westerner which got disturbing. Bf never saw anything but when he asked her to describe what she saw he recognized it was his best friend who had died in a car accident. Not being able to put up with it she ended the relationship. I often wish I had kept in touch, before the 97 crash she had been a singer at Thonburi cafe in Bkk

Wow! Scary!!! Not keeping in touch with people we later find out would have been very helpful and valuable happens to the best of us. I know the feeling!

14 minutes ago, Freigeist365 said:

But the kicker was the following... We have been sitting there for what felt maybe a maximum of two hours with the seance starting at 23:00h, suddenly, the sun came up and it was 07:00 in the morning, just like a time slip. My kitchen clock stopped dead at 01:00 am and it was working before and never failed me, yet - that clock would never work again, unrepairable damage to the circuit, battery full... 

I had a close friend from the unit next door die in hospital after a fall. The Thais always said a persons spirit would try to come home. The night after he died I came home about 9 pm and a dove was flying frantically around our adjoining balconies (unusual for a dove to be flying around that time of night). When exhausted it dropped to the floor of our balcony, so knowing what the Thais thought, sat on there and "talked' to the dove for about 10 minutes. It then flew away.

The next morning I looked at my wrist watch and then at the time on the computer. The watch was working but was 12 minutes slow. Never had it do that before or after the experience.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, GreasyFingers said:

When exhausted it dropped to the floor of our balcony, so knowing what the Thais thought, sat on there and "talked' to the dove for about 10 minutes. It then flew away.

The next morning I looked at my wrist watch and then at the time on the computer. The watch was working but was 12 minutes slow. Never had it do that before or after the experience.

Thanks so much for sharing this - so you talked for exactly 12 minutes to your friend - another magical number❣️

1 hour ago, Freigeist365 said:

had an NDE in the 2004 tsunami of which I had only premonition dream one or two, but the NDE alone was something that could fill a book...

I have a friend who wrote a book detailing a guys nde... he was non responsive for an hour I think..

As a kid i used to go to the beach and get knocked under and scrambled around by the waves.. then I would have these tsunami wave type dreams. Huge waves that I could see in the distance that would chase me up on to the boardwalk... 

And even before the Tsunami, I was never comfortable in Phuket... I would get nervous and anxious and need to leave... 2x I flew in at night and left the next morning... never happened to me anywhere else... 

Yes I had one about 15 years ago. I was living in London and we'd been told that my gran was on deaths door. That night I was sleeping and I woke because of a light shining in my room. I sat up in bed and stared at this light that was shining on to the wall opposite my bed. Sometimes the neighbours light would shine in through the blinds but I looked out and there was no light on outside. I couldn't work out where it was coming from but just sat there staring at it for what felt like ages. I looked at my clock (5am) and went back to sleep. Around 8 or 9am my dad calls me to tell me my nan had died. I instantly thought about the light and asked him what time she passed thinking surely not... but yes, it was the exact same time... 5am. I waited years before I told my mum about it for fear of upsetting her. God Bless herxx

• Thanks 1

Still cracking my head over a photo I took with a new Fuji camera I've just bought at Central World a decade or so back. I checked photos before, whether there would be anything on them to indicate sensor burn-in or something, but there was nothing like it on it. There were 2 sets of "legs" as a dark shadow and a blurred tops like if someone was moving on long exposure... But I've taken another photo just a couple of seconds earlier (and there was nothing in that area nor anywhere near enough to get to that area) on it. I did not notice anything at the time I took photo, only once I got home and loaded it to computer and then was like... what the ... is that???! Hasn't happened before or after though. I believe I have that photo somewhere but might take time to find it. Maybe someone else has explanation.

• Like 1