High speed rail project construction in Chonburi linked to three major airports expected to start this October

snoop1130

10 hours ago, redwood1 said:

Unless they can match 100 baht from Pattaya to Bangkok, then I will just stick with riding the bus......And I am sure LOADS of other people will too....

I suggest it also depends on the location of the train station within Pattaya city and whether passengers need to change trains. Will it be:

- Take monorail from Second Rd., (or similar) to the main line in the boonies, then change to the main train?

1 hour ago, scorecard said:

I suggest it also depends on the location of the train station within Pattaya city and whether passengers need to change trains. Will it be:

- Take monorail from Second Rd., (or similar) to the main line in the boonies, then change to the main train?

Has the location not been moved already.. initially at the current station near the railway line (duh) and Siam CC Road, in preference to Huay Yai..., no use for Pattaya whatsoever.... monorail now needs to be re-routed!

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Has the location not been moved already.. initially at the current station near the railway line (duh) and Siam CC Road, in preference to Huay Yai..., no use for Pattaya whatsoever.... monorail now needs to be re-routed!

The Huay Yai station change threw a monkey wrench into the glorious/yawn plans for a Pattaya City monorail....

• Like 1

3 hours ago, scorecard said:

You'll be dumped off at the train station, yes, out in the 'boonies'.  Then you may have a few options.  If there is a rail link, you can take it into Pattaya.  If it doesn't stop near where you are going, you'll need to then take a taxi or perhaps a baht bus to get to your destination.  If no rail link, then you'll have to scare up a taxi to take you from the train station to your destination.  Me, I'll just skip the train in the first place and take the bus or a taxi.  With all the train stops along the way and the hassle getting from the train station to your ending destination, I doubt the train will be much faster.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, newnative said:

You'll be dumped off at the train station, yes, out in the 'boonies'.  Then you may have a few options.  If there is a rail link, you can take it into Pattaya.  If it doesn't stop near where you are going, you'll need to then take a taxi or perhaps a baht bus to get to your destination.  If no rail link, then you'll have to scare up a taxi to take you from the train station to your destination.  Me, I'll just skip the train in the first place and take the bus or a taxi.  With all the train stops along the way and the hassle getting from the train station to your ending destination, I doubt the train will be much faster.

This is exactly right.....

After a taxi from a Bangkok hotel to the high speed train

After a wait for the train and all the stops

After taking another taxi from the Huay Yai station to a Pattaya hotel...

You are not saving any money or time....

• Like 1

Would be great if it happens.   And naysayers used to say (and I probably would have agreed) that we'd only have 2 metro lines in Bangkok until the end of time... 

Spent several years out of Bangkok, outside of Thailand as well, came back to the pleasant surprise of a BTS orange line station being constructed in front of some of my shophouses.   

Maybe we'll get that high speed line to China if we just try for a feeder connection from Nong Khai to Vientiane.   

Edited by Heng