Vaccine registration in Pattaya area.(Expats)

banglay

2 minutes ago, andre47 said:

Today was my vaccination appointment 2 pm at the Phyathai 2 Hospital. I traveled by car from Pattaya and started early because I wasn't sure about the red-Covid-zone regulations. There were no control points at all. The traffic was normal and I arrived already at about 12:30. The service in the hospital was excellent. No waiting and very helpful and friendly staff. After 40 minutes I could travel back home. I will get my second shot in 12 weeks.

This compares favourably with my mate who also got his first AZ shot, same time, same place.

HOWEVER.... my experience there today does NOT compare favourably AT ALL. Given Sinovac on 22nd June, heard all the government pontificating about 2nd shot would now be AZ. NOT A BIT OF IT! 2nd shot....Sinovac. Hundreds of Chinese there on floor 9, just a few foreigners. On floor 8, everybody got their AZ 1st shots. I complained bitterly. No hab. Oh for heaven's sake! Staff fell about laughing. Yeah, we'll see about that....

• Like 1

10 hours ago, andre47 said:

Today was my vaccination appointment 2 pm at the Phyathai 2 Hospital. I traveled by car from Pattaya and started early because I wasn't sure about the red-Covid-zone regulations. There were no control points at all. The traffic was normal and I arrived already at about 12:30. The service in the hospital was excellent. No waiting and very helpful and friendly staff. After 40 minutes I could travel back home. I will get my second shot in 12 weeks.

Thanks for the update .... questions how was the parking at Phayathai 2  was there adequate spaces available?  free or a charge ?  and what time did you leave Pattaya ?(my appointment is at the same time 14:00hrs)

7 minutes ago, banglay said:

Thanks for the update .... questions how was the parking at Phayathai 2  was there adequate spaces available?  free or a charge ?  and what time did you leave Pattaya ?(my appointment is at the same time 14:00hrs)

They have a parking house free of charge. The space in this house is quite narrow. If you have a large car it might be a bit difficult. But the staff is very helpful. They gave me a special place outside where my pickup could be parked without problem.  You will need about 1:45-2:00 hrs. to get there.

• Thanks 1

Having had a Sinovac jab on 22nd June at Phayathai 2, I went for my 2nd shot yesterday, 20th July, 9th floor. It turned out to be Sinovac, contrary to all government pronouncements. Almost all the other people attending were Chinese, and the numbers were all called out in Chinese, except when calling a "Westerner". 

I argued that giving Sinovac as a second dose was not what we had been told, and that AZ was to be given, but that was just met with a cursory dismissal, no have, cannot. So it was like it or lump it.

Downstairs on the 8th floor, my friend was getting his first shot of AZ.

I think others were being given Sinopharm, but have no real evidence. Were any other "foreigners", Asians or Westerners, there yesterday, getting their 2nd shot? What was the vaccine? Seems it's a lottery what you'll get.

Anyway, feel fine, mustn't grumble, should be thankful etc etc. Yes, I can tick those boxes too.

On 7/21/2021 at 10:53 AM, bradiston said:

Having had a Sinovac jab on 22nd June at Phayathai 2, I went for my 2nd shot yesterday, 20th July, 9th floor. It turned out to be Sinovac, contrary to all government pronouncements. Almost all the other people attending were Chinese, and the numbers were all called out in Chinese, except when calling a "Westerner". 

I argued that giving Sinovac as a second dose was not what we had been told, and that AZ was to be given, but that was just met with a cursory dismissal, no have, cannot. So it was like it or lump it.

Downstairs on the 8th floor, my friend was getting his first shot of AZ.

I think others were being given Sinopharm, but have no real evidence. Were any other "foreigners", Asians or Westerners, there yesterday, getting their 2nd shot? What was the vaccine? Seems it's a lottery what you'll get.

Anyway, feel fine, mustn't grumble, should be thankful etc etc. Yes, I can tick those boxes too.

Sounds like, depending which floor you are directed to, the better your chance of survival.  ????  

51 minutes ago, WaveHunter said:

What makes you say that?  I find that hard to believe.

Just that I was on 9th floor with all 2nd timers and my friend was on 8th floor, 1st time AZ, same time and date. He was finished almost an hour before me. Why is that so hard to believe? Also, I don't think they wanted to show they had AZ available as they denied they had any to me when I complained about double Sinovac with all the government hooha about giving AZ only as 2nd jab.

And what I meant about registering elsewhere was we registered through different channels but both got jabbed at Phayathai 2.

Edited by bradiston

1 hour ago, bradiston said:

Just that I was on 9th floor with all 2nd timers and my friend was on 8th floor, 1st time AZ, same time and date. He was finished almost an hour before me. Why is that so hard to believe? Also, I don't think they wanted to show they had AZ available as they denied they had any to me when I complained about double Sinovac with all the government hooha about giving AZ only as 2nd jab.

And what I meant about registering elsewhere was we registered through different channels but both got jabbed at Phayathai 2.

I guess I misunderstood your brief comment "The 8th floor was jabbing 1st timers who registered elsewhere.".  I thought you were inferring that people were just electing to go to Phyathai even though they were not officially regsitered to go there.  My misunderstanding.

Edited by WaveHunter

On 6/18/2021 at 12:48 AM, rott said:

This is not "a deposit of some sort" this is payment up front in full with no confirmed date. A bit one-sided. 

Having said that what you say about them having possible concerns about people over registering makes sense. 

I can understand them looking for some commitment, but this is at best a questionable business practice that does not reflect well on them. 

And the folks me full return if deposit I'd not get vaccine this year

1 hour ago, Neeranam said:

And the folks me full return if deposit I'd not get vaccine this year

Ate your glasses again Neero.? Or still celebrating those West Ham and Real results.?

46 minutes ago, rott said:

Ate your glasses again Neero.? Or still celebrating those West Ham and Real results.?

Ooops, my phone changes things. 

They will give me a full deposit return if i don't get the vaccine by the EOY. 

4 hours ago, Neeranam said:

Ooops, my phone changes things. 

They will give me a full deposit return if i don't get the vaccine by the EOY. 

So only a deposit, what is the balance.? 

On 7/21/2021 at 10:53 AM, bradiston said:

I would not waste time with a Sinovac Vax. They are basically useless in efficacy. At least get the AZ or preferably an mRNA vax like Moderna or Pfizer is preferred.

Edited by likerdup1
add more

11 minutes ago, likerdup1 said:

I would not waste time with a Sinovac Vax. They are basically useless in efficacy. At least get the AZ or preferably an mRNA vax like Moderna or Pfizer is preferred.

Oh, I must have missed the sign saying I had a choice right now, or back in June. Are you in Thailand?

39 minutes ago, likerdup1 said:

Vaccination and registration information can be found at

https://thailandintervac.com/

Samithivej Sriracha Hospital, Chonburi is supposed to have registration available soon. Right now registration at hospitals offering it are for those over 60.

Had an az jab there begining of last month 16 wks wait for second,hope they cut it down

1 hour ago, likerdup1 said:

If the only vaccine I could get was SinoVac, I'd take it over being unvaccinated.  You can always get re-vaccinated later once a brand to your liking becomes available, you know? 

SinoVac may not be in the same league as some of the other vaccines, but it is certainly not "a waste of time".  Base your comments on science-based data, not personal opinions.

At preset, many will not have a choice, so really the best vaccine to get is the one you can get right now.

Edited by WaveHunter

9 minutes ago, WaveHunter said:

If the only vaccine I could get was SinoVac, I'd take it over being unvaccinated.  You can always get re-vaccinated later once a brand to your liking becomes available, you know? 

At preset, many will not have a choice, so really the best vaccine to get is the one you can get right now.

I agree. Got to start somewhere. Like you say, taking one "option" now doesn't preclude taking another one later on. I'm on 2 Sinovac so am looking for a single booster of anything but that, now. A lot of BKK hospitals opening up for registration. At last! But spare a thought for way-out-of-townies. I'm in Pattaya, it's not such a long haul for me.

And one advantage of the Sinovac is the short inter-jab period. Only 4 weeks. And you could get lucky (maybe) and get an AZ as second shot.

Edited by bradiston

18 minutes ago, bradiston said:

I agree. Got to start somewhere. Like you say, taking one "option" now doesn't preclude taking another one later on. I'm on 2 Sinovac so am looking for a single booster of anything but that, now. A lot of BKK hospitals opening up for registration. At last! But spare a thought for way-out-of-townies. I'm in Pattaya, it's not such a long haul for me.

Yes, I made the pilgrimage into BKK for my 1st vaccination shot at PhyaThai last week from Pattaya.  Are you headed to Phyatha Hospital? 

They are a 1st class operation for vaccinating...totally amazed how quickly and efficiently it was all handled.  As an aside, the nurse's injection technique was flawless, even aspirating before injecting (checking to be sure the needle was not in a vein). 

That is how many of the blood clotting complications are believed to have arisen, and it's also not optimal for getitng the vaccine into your system since through the muscle is the preferred way.  Not a bad idea to just mention it to your nurse just to be sure she does it correctly.

Samitivej Hospital (https://samitivejchonburi.com/) may be offering injections to those in Chonburi soon.  Sure would be easier than the trek into Bangkok ????

273901363_ScreenShot2021-07-28at10_53_36AM.jpg.8d54d49dfed7b1bed2e3ffd004c7b562.jpg

Edited by WaveHunter
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, bradiston said:

And one advantage of the Sinovac is the short inter-jab period. Only 4 weeks. And you could get lucky (maybe) and get an AZ as second shot.

I got AZ.  The only downside to me is a 12 week wait for jab #2.  I think they may be considering bring it down to 8 weeks but a lot fo the science based data says 12 weeks may still be more optimal...Hmmm?

1 hour ago, bradiston said:

Oh, I must have missed the sign saying I had a choice right now, or back in June. Are you in Thailand?

There appear to be choices and from what I am reading the AZ is going to be on offer more than the Sinovac. If I had no choice, of course I would get the Sinovac. But their appears to be a choice in what is on offer. I am not expert but I do my research. Sinovac efficacy is among the lowest if not the lowest on the list. Especially against the Delta variant of the virus. mRNA vaccines such as Moderan and Pfizer are at the top of the list in efficacy with well over 90%

1 hour ago, WaveHunter said:

I got AZ.  The only downside to me is a 12 week wait for jab #2.  I think they may be considering bring it down to 8 weeks but a lot fo the science based data says 12 weeks may still be more optimal...Hmmm?

AZ seems to go even better with an mRNA, I haven't prepaid but if some unused ones become an option, I might go for the combo but I'd be happy even with my second dose of AZ as promised in October.

1 hour ago, likerdup1 said:

There appear to be choices and from what I am reading the AZ is going to be on offer more than the Sinovac. If I had no choice, of course I would get the Sinovac. But their appears to be a choice in what is on offer. I am not expert but I do my research. Sinovac efficacy is among the lowest if not the lowest on the list. Especially against the Delta variant of the virus. mRNA vaccines such as Moderan and Pfizer are at the top of the list in efficacy with well over 90%

I understand, but I'm not sure how you figure "there appear to be choices". Here, I believe you have only one choice. Take it or leave it. Yet to hear of anybody getting a choice, like hmmm, I think I'll go with the Janssen, oh no, make that a Pfizer and a Moderna to go. It's not an argument over which vaccine is better or worse. Just what's available. And it's extremely tedious to have to read, every day, how cxxx Sinovac is, this report, that report. It is what it is. Don't want it? Don't take it! Simple.

Registration for COVID-19 vaccination appointments on ThailandIntervac.com has already been closed, but the Department of Disease Control has adapted the service to make it more convenient and secure for foreigners in Thailand to register. The new vaccine appointment method will be via booking in advance or “pre-registration” with the following hospitals.
Notes: Pre-registration is registration to express intention to receive the COVID-19 vaccination at one of the designated hospitals. After registration, you must wait for the appointment confirmation from the hospital for the vaccine as per the proposed date and time.

As of today, the AstraZeneca and Sinovac vaccines are available.

The designated hospitals available for pre-registration include:

- Samitivej Sukhumvit Hospital, Bangkok (Contact the hospital directly. Vaccination will start in August)

- MedPark Hospital, Bangkok 
    Pre-registration: https://www.medparkhospital.com/en/page/covid19-vaccine-expats)

- BNH Hospital, Bangkok

Pre-registration: https://form.jotform.com/212021330826441

Date of vaccination: 2-31 August 2021 (except weekends and holidays)

- Synphaet Sri Nagarindra Hospital, Bangkok 

Pre-Registration: https://forms.gle/5uAzAzsTzuWvR4CD9
      Date of vaccination: 2-21 August 2021

- Vimut Hospital, Bangkok
     Pre-registration: Fully Booked 

Date of vaccination: 24-31 July 2021
- Phyathai 2 Hospital, Bangkok
     Pre-registration: Fully booked (The next pre-registration will be open soon)
     Date of vaccination: 19-30 July 2021 (except weekends)

- Bumrungrad Hospital, Bangkok (The pre-registration system will be announced soon)

- Bangkok Khon Kaen Hospital, Khon Kaen (The pre-registration system will be announced soon)

- Bangkok Phuket Hospital, Phuket (The pre-registration system will be announced soon)

- Samithivej Sriracha Hospital, Chonburi (The pre-registration system will be announced soon)

- Synphaet Serirak Hospital, Chonburi (The pre-registration system will be announced soon)

- Bangrak Vaccination & Health Center, Bangkok 
    The center is only open to staff of embassies, consulates and UN organizations. These individuals are requested to contact the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MFA) to be added to the list. The MFA list will then be forwarded to the Office of International Cooperation, Department of Disease Control for further administration of the vaccine.The pre-registration system will be announced soon)

Note: The operating hours to pre-register depend on each hospital.

For your information, the target groups are divided into two phases. The first phase (current phase) is for:
          - People 60 years old and above
          - People living with any of the following underlying diseases:
                  1. Severe Chronic Respiratory Diseases (CRDs)
                  2. Coronary artery disease (CAD)
                  3. Chronic kidney disease (CKD) (5th stage)
                  4. Cerebrovascular disease
                  5. Cancer patients receiving chemotherapy
                  6. Diabetes
                  7. Obesity (weight > 100 kg or BMI > 35 kg/m²)
          -  Pregnant women, in which gestational age is 12 weeks or above. And the pregnant women must have a medical certificate from the hospital confirming that vaccination is allowed.