Beer Drinkers - Cans or Bottles??

EVENKEEL

1 hour ago, EVENKEEL said:

So, aside from beer snobs (you know who you are) I suppose most like bottles, some because of taste. Years back the can gave off a taste but I haven't got that metal taste from Heinekin cans which is all I drink unless it's free.

I'm still of the opinion that you can draw a longer, more satisfying first couple of pulls off a can. Aaahhhh. Walking in the surf, drinking an ice cold beer, man it's heaven.

If your beer was 'ice cold' would it not be solid in the can?

• Like 1

Bottles.

With modern cans the tab goes INTO the drink, so whatever was on it from fingers, insects, rats, etc. goes into the drink and into you.  Yes, you can clean it first, but that takes time and destroys the spontaneity.  

With bottles the outside bit is removed, giving clean beer.

I prefer a glass if indoors with aircon, but outside here it gets hot way too fast - and no "beer condoms" for glasses.

3 hours ago, Thomas J said:

Maybe my imagination but I always thought the taste of beer from a glass bottle was better than a can. 

I agree and have always found bottled beer tastes better - but in the interest of the environment, why oh why isn't there a deposit on beer bottles?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Dmaxdan said:

I tend to buy bottles simply because they are better value. For example, in my local shop a large can of Chang (490ml) is 50 baht where as a large bottle of Chang (620ml) is 55 baht.

It's a bit of a no brainer really.

And canned Chang doesn't taste the same as the bottled to me.

Just now, OneMoreFarang said:

ok, one more

613px-Warsteiner_Pilsner_(Flasche_und_Gl

This and Koenigsbier........top dollar....actually went to a party night at the Warsteiner brewery in Warstein.......free food and beer from 8pm to 12pm...........rough the following the day.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, KannikaP said:

You can buy a 'can crusher' on Lazada which makes them down to almost nothing.

Easy enough to do without the gadget: squeeze in the sides a bit and then crush them vertically underfoot

Edited by peterdarby
  • Like 1

I like a nice glass with my beer, we used to go to a pub in Phuket town before the ban, which ever beer you order they have all the different glass's, they had a special on Heineken buy 2 pints get one free  

Always drink from a glass, straight from the freezer.

Where possible, we use cans - they get sold to the recycling people.

We save the tabs and donate them to the local hospital. There is a higher aluminium content (?) and they are recycled to make artificial limbs. Many of the 7/11's and Familymarts have collection points for the tabs.

• Like 1