Forum upgrade in progress! ×

Phuket Vaccination Sign-up Site Now Open For All Foreigners

Pattaya Spotter

50 minutes ago, xylophone said:

I went to what was previously known as Phuket International Hospital Siriroj yesterday and got my Moderna booster vaccination (already had two AZ jabs) at a cost of 1550 baht and the whole operation was extremely efficient and very smoothly run.

I also heard that Patong hospital was carrying out Moderna vaccinations for Thai and foreign folk, and I believe they were free.

Did you make an appointment for the siriroj jab or walk in?

1 minute ago, stevenl said:

Did you make an appointment for the siriroj jab or walk in?

I phoned and made an appt, and even if they don't have a space available immediately, they will call you back when they do. 

It wasn't crowded at all and there would have been no more than 40 people in total, and they were being moved through very quickly, waiting in an air-conditioned large space, with a coffee shop etc just up the escalator!

Very, very efficient, and I and a couple of friends were in and out within the hour.

• Thanks 1

If anybody is going to a hospital (any) for a booster - please ask if Pfizer vaccines became available for a first shot, not a booster. I've asked everywhere a few weeks ago and was offered only Sino- or Astra- as a first shot.

For farang, with work permit, haven't got any vaccine before.

Thanks in advance

Edited by fdsa

On 12/17/2021 at 11:48 PM, sallecc said:

OK time to update this thread... Did anybody try to book booster online (after 2x Sinovac)?

Went to Phuket.win and it has new option "Third-dose vaccination appointment for foreigners", but after entering my details it then says "You are not eligible because your second dose was not Sinovac", which is funny because my both doses were Sinovac lol... @skatewash did you try maybe?

Update: this week status is "fully booked" now, not like in my previous post above... let's see next week eh.

This afternoon I put myself on the Siriroj hospital list for Moderna. They don't have any at the moment and they get very little advance warning from the government when it is delivered.

Just a stand-by in case the government administered one takes too long.

My doctor is now advising a fourth injection three months after the first booster.

This morning I got the third Pfizer jab at Patong Hospital.
Arrived at 6.30, at the end I had the number 46 out of 100, and finished everything at 9.40.
Bad organization, in particular in the first hour, trying to keep an order of priority based on the arrival time. 
I have to admit that the "clever ones" jumping the queue were mostly farang......
Around 7.30 they started to give a queue numbered ticket and the things went better, also if not easy to keep the distance with other people.
No possibility to book the vaccine, just go.
How to know if and when they have a jab open day ? Just calling the hospital.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, federicoP said:

This morning I got the third Pfizer jab at Patong Hospital.
Arrived at 6.30, at the end I had the number 46 out of 100, and finished everything at 9.40.
Bad organization, in particular in the first hour, trying to keep an order of priority based on the arrival time. 
I have to admit that the "clever ones" jumping the queue were mostly farang......
Around 7.30 they started to give a queue numbered ticket and the things went better, also if not easy to keep the distance with other people.
No possibility to book the vaccine, just go.
How to know if and when they have a jab open day ? Just calling the hospital.

Yes, not possible now (yet) to book a third booster jab using the Phuket.win site (unless your first two jabs were SinoVac, unlikely for a foreigner).  I just had a Moderna 3rd booster jab on Thursday at Patong Hospital.  Originally on Thursday went to the Phuket Provincial Health Center in Phuket Town which had advertised a 2-day 100 Moderna shot/day vaccination event.  Apparently 200 jabs were given out on Wednesday (first day of the event) leaving none available for people showing up on the second day (Thursday).  A very nice gentleman there suggested we go to Patong Hospital so we did.  I was impressed with the organization at Patong Hospital and within 2 and a half hours of arrival had received the Moderna booster and received an update to my yellow vaccination booklet (obtained from Phuket Provincial Health Center earlier for 50 baht).

So the good news is that there are booster jabs available at times and places in Phuket but finding out about these events is not completely straightforward.  They are not being well-advertised at all.  My suggestion for people is to watch sites such as this one for announcements of vaccination events that people pass on.  I know that's inefficient but is seems that's all there is a the moment.  Patong Hospital seems to have walk-in events on a semi-regular basis, particularly Mondays it seems.  Give them a call on the day you'd like to go and see what's going on.  There seem to be limited quantities available on the day (100 shots/day) so for example, if the event is said to occur from 1 PM to 4 PM maybe arrive at noon.  I don't think arriving after the event starts is likely to result in a satisfactory result.

On 12/22/2021 at 3:00 PM, KarenBravo said:

This afternoon I put myself on the Siriroj hospital list for Moderna. They don't have any at the moment and they get very little advance warning from the government when it is delivered.

Just a stand-by in case the government administered one takes too long.

My doctor is now advising a fourth injection three months after the first booster.

Might not need it of the followings true!

"Evidence from the United Kingdom shows Australia may have backed the wrong Covid vaccine, with the maligned AstraZeneca jab offering potential protection from the virus for life.

Early research has shown that Britain’s wide use of the Oxford University-made jab in vulnerable people may be behind the country’s lower death toll compared to Europe in recent months"

22 minutes ago, beechbum said:

Might not need it of the followings true!

"Evidence from the United Kingdom shows Australia may have backed the wrong Covid vaccine, with the maligned AstraZeneca jab offering potential protection from the virus for life.

Early research has shown that Britain’s wide use of the Oxford University-made jab in vulnerable people may be behind the country’s lower death toll compared to Europe in recent months"

Well.......that's good news, but it isn't yet definitive, so I'll try and get the booster. Can't do any harm (hopefully).

• Like 1

6 hours ago, KarenBravo said:

Well.......that's good news, but it isn't yet definitive, so I'll try and get the booster. Can't do any harm (hopefully).

Let me know how you get on with get booster. thank you.

I had my second AZ 3 months ago so I sort of think I am ok for now as best we all know.  I thinks no-one knows and it's got all political in all countries. Thailand recommend 3rd AZ shot but where is the medical rational. I am not anti vax. had 2 already, but where does this end ???

2 hours ago, LivinginKata said:

I had my second AZ 3 months ago so I sort of think I am ok for now as best we all know.  I thinks no-one knows and it's got all political in all countries. Thailand recommend 3rd AZ shot but where is the medical rational. I am not anti vax. had 2 already, but where does this end ???

https://www.usnews.com/news/world/articles/2021-12-23/astrazeneca-vaccine-booster-shot-effective-against-omicron-oxford-lab-study

14 hours ago, LivinginKata said:

All this booster rush seems to me due to two things;

1)- The western countries have too many vaccines and don't really know what to do with it, spent all the public money to buy so much and don't have the heart or courage to give it to poorer countries with shortage, so what else but recommend booster after booster, where does it end...., not anytime soon, expect booster 4 and 5 and so on. 

2)- There are some people in western countries (or any country for that matter) who refuse jabs of any kind, not even one...! So they catch the virus and spread it and also most likely fill up hospitals, the governments can't force them to have the vaccine, however, they can encourage the ones who do like getting vaccines to have more of it, extra boosters, more and more, no problem..., this way they can increase total public resistance to virus in general and reduce spread and hospitalization... . But even 10 or 20 million of 2nd shots or 3rd boosters won't be as effective as say 100,000 first shots of those refusing vaccine, but it's better than nothing I guess....! 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 12/18/2021 at 6:35 PM, fdsa said:

If anybody is going to a hospital (any) for a booster - please ask if Pfizer vaccines became available for a first shot, not a booster. I've asked everywhere a few weeks ago and was offered only Sino- or Astra- as a first shot.

For farang, with work permit, haven't got any vaccine before.

Thanks in advance

I visited all major hospitals again and the situation is still the same as one month ago: no Pfizer as a first doze, only as a booster; and they are throwing away Sinovac and Astrazeneca as there is a little demand for these.

However there is a new thing since my last check - Bangkok Hospital Phuket now does not have any vaccine at all.

New rumor: there are Pfizers given away for free every week at Saphan Hin, but you need to find a secret group in Line and register there.

As I can't read Thai and don't have a Line account I'm out of luck :giggle:

Edited by fdsa

1 minute ago, fdsa said:

I visited all major hospitals again and the situation is still the same as one month ago: no Pfizer as a first doze, but they are throwing away Sinovac and Astrazeneca.

However there is a new thing since my last check - Bangkok Hospital Phuket now does not have any vaccine at all.

Have you tried registering at the phuket.win site.  See the blue option:  vaccination registration for non-work permit foreigners and then the gray option:  first-dose vaccination appointments for foreigners.

9 minutes ago, skatewash said:

Have you tried registering at the phuket.win site.  See the blue option:  vaccination registration for non-work permit foreigners and then the gray option:  first-dose vaccination appointments for foreigners.

No, I prefer personal visits to hospitals as I do not trust websites made by some schoolboy as a "my first website" lab project

Screenshot_20220101_173018.png.aa66be0333b0749c2b12863d84e02122.png

Screenshot_20220101_173223.png.6018b8ea222f6e52efb6414096653964.png

and do not want my personal information to appear for sale on darknet marketplaces. I made that mistake already by registering on expatvac.consular.go.th

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, fdsa said:

No, I prefer personal visits to hospitals as I do not trust websites made by some schoolboy as a "my first website" lab project

Screenshot_20220101_173018.png.aa66be0333b0749c2b12863d84e02122.png

Screenshot_20220101_173223.png.6018b8ea222f6e52efb6414096653964.png

and do not want my personal information to appear for sale on darknet marketplaces. I made that mistake already by registering on expatvac.consular.go.th

Interesting.  I've registered at the phuket.win site and received two AstraZeneca vaccinations as scheduled.  Subsequently received a 3rd booster Moderna vaccination at Patong Hospital, but that was a walk-in clinic.  I found the process of getting the first two shots to be much easier due to the use of the phuket.win site.  I guess other people have different experiences and opinions.

Edited by skatewash
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, skatewash said:

Interesting.  I've registered at the phuket.win site and received two AstraZeneca vaccinations as scheduled.

You dont even need to register anywhere to get AZ, I was offered AZ in every single hospital I visited (but not the "Bangkok Phuket" last time), but I do not want it and prefer Pfizer instead.

Patong hospital is now giving out up to 50 pfizer boosters on Wednesday and 50 astrazenica boosters on Tuesday. Their poster says that first doses are available Monday through Friday.

Today, at least 200 people showed up. Various enterprising folks (not wearing hospital uniforms), both Thai and farang, appointed themselves as the organizers of this crowd and created competing queues. Eventually, the police came to the scene.

patonghospital.jpg

sign.jpg

Edited by wanderingengine
clarity
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, wanderingengine said:

Patong hospital is now giving out up to 50 pfizer boosters on Wednesday and 50 astrazenica boosters on Tuesday. Their poster says that first doses are available Monday through Friday.

Today, at least 200 people showed up. Various enterprising folks (not wearing hospital uniforms), both Thai and farang, appointed themselves as the organizers of this crowd and created competing queues. Eventually, the police came to the scene.

patonghospital.jpg

sign.jpg

At least they made the effort to translate this poster to English. Phuket.win website posts notifications in Thai only, using images which cant be easily translated.

Does anyone know which website is mentioned "REGISTER VIA WWW.[thai].COM" above?  Still cant register for booster on Phuket.win site unless you got 2 * Sino in first round. 

3 hours ago, wanderingengine said:

patonghospital.jpg

sign.jpg

Thanks... Did you manage to get it?

Last week I inquired and they told me about Pfizer Wednesdays (but they said 7:30am, probably meaning to come early)... But when they said it's only 50pcs, I gave up. 50pcs? Come on guys...

3 hours ago, RedCardinal said:

Still cant register for booster on Phuket.win site unless you got 2 * Sino in first round. 

It's not working for 2*Sino either, sometimes it says "Your 2nd was not Sino", other times it's "Fully booked", and today it's completely messed up and doesn't even shop up countries names in booking dialogue, it's just all empty ????

4 hours ago, RedCardinal said:

At least they made the effort to translate this poster to English. Phuket.win website posts notifications in Thai only, using images which cant be easily translated.

Does anyone know which website is mentioned "REGISTER VIA WWW.[thai].COM" above?  Still cant register for booster on Phuket.win site unless you got 2 * Sino in first round. 

They are referencing the Phuket.win website.

The free Google Lens app does a good job of translating Thai into English using your phone's camera.  (Google.Translate Camera does almost as good a job.

1 hour ago, RedCardinal said:

Just booked 3rd (booster) shot via phulet.win.  They haven't updated the message displayed at third shot option:

"Check for the eligibility for the 3rd dose for expats and migrant workers who received their 2nd dose Sinovac vacination already in Phuket."

I've had AZ*2 via phuket.win, and this time when I entered my details I was given an appointment slot on Jan 13 for Pfizer at Phuket Merlin Hotel in Phuket Town.

Might be useful to others looking for boosters in Phuket.

Thanks, glad it worked out for you... Unfortunately it's "fully booked" I checked just now ????

• Like 2

3 hours ago, sallecc said:

Thanks, glad it worked out for you... Unfortunately it's "fully booked" I checked just now ????

OK I checked again, now suddenly it offers booster schedule for next few Tuesdays inPatong Hospital, but it's AZ only and it's marked as "Intramuscular injection"... no idea what this means, is it normal jab or...?

11 minutes ago, sallecc said:

OK I checked again, now suddenly it offers booster schedule for next few Tuesdays inPatong Hospital, but it's AZ only and it's marked as "Intramuscular injection"... no idea what this means, is it normal jab or...?

Intramuscular injection is the usual/normal/traditional vaccination method for covid vaccinations, in which the vaccine is injected into the muscular tissue of the upper arm.  Subcutaneous injection is a somewhat controversial alternative, in which the vaccine is injected under the skin but not into the muscular tissue.

Tuesdays are AstraZeneca days at Patong Hospital where you can get a 3rd booster shot at their walk-in clinic.

Wednesdays are Pfizer (possibly Moderna) days at Patong Hospital where you can get a 3rd booster shot at their walk-in clinic.

sign.jpg.1e46f1577c6df2efb3849adcdc5be180.jpg

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, sallecc said:

I would expect the supply to vary day by day, hour by hour, and therefore not surprising you might see different results when checking that site.

There was a news article that Thailand had received over 1 million doses of Moderna on Thursday and expected 3.7 million in January.  In a few days that may start to be administered in Phuket, so may pay to check Phuket.win on a daily basis.

https://www.thaipbsworld.com/over-one-million-doses-of-moderna-vaccine-arrive-in-thailand-on-thursday/

• Thanks 1

So I've just logged in to my Phuket Win account, and it has given me time and date to reserve a 3rd Phizer booster shot in Phuket town, however it states that this is available for people who have already had their second Sinovac shot, however i have had 2 Astra Zeneca. Is this a mistake on their part?., should it read 'Sinovac and Astra'?.