Phuket Vaccination Sign-up Site Now Open For All Foreigners

Pattaya Spotter

On 9/14/2021 at 12:21 PM, LivinginKata said:

My missus is registered on the Thai site with Thai name. They will notify her when she has a 3rd jab slot. Assume AZ ?

After a bit of messing about on the phuketmustwin site my wife eventually was offered a place at Phuket Town Merlin for AZ next Tuesday.  She booked it.

• Like 2

Had my second AZ jab at Orchid. Much same as oldcpu. Arrived 08.15 for 09.00 appointment. Initial process was fast. Then surprised how many folks were sitting below. Much much more than last time. Thought I was in for a long wait. Hardly got mobile logged on when our group called. Had my jab at 08.40. Out door 09.10. Once again I commend the organisation and efficiency. They move a lot of folks very fast.

• Like 2

My second AZ at JC Patong midday.   As with the first, lots of people there, with the longest wait being to get the certificate and passport stamped after the vaccination had taken place and the paperwork handed in.   I asked about the vaccination 'passport' and was told this could be obtained at Patong Hospital (not Chalong which is a bummer as I live in Chalong).   So, round to Patong Hospital I go, needed passport copy and a copy of the certificate that had just been issued to me.   Given a receipt and told to come back on the 23rd of this month to collect the 'passport'.   Obviously at odds with what happens at Chalong Hospital, where it's issued there and then.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, pagallim said:

My second AZ at JC Patong midday.   As with the first, lots of people there, with the longest wait being to get the certificate and passport stamped after the vaccination had taken place and the paperwork handed in.   I asked about the vaccination 'passport'  <snip>

Passport stamp ?? All I got was an AZ2 sticker on front outside my passport. 

18 minutes ago, LivinginKata said:

Passport stamp ?? All I got was an AZ2 sticker on front outside my passport. 

Right, I'm starting to think I've made a mistake.   What I got in Jung Ceylon was another sticker on my passport, and a Vaccination Certificate.   I asked about a 'passport' and was told that I could obtain one through Patong Hospital.   I believe now that the Vaccination Certificate that I was given is the same document that those vaccinated in Karon had to go to Chalong Hospital to obtain.   What Patong Hospital are going to give me on the 23rd is a certificate for International Travel.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, pagallim said:

Right, I'm starting to think I've made a mistake.   What I got in Jung Ceylon was another sticker on my passport, and a Vaccination Certificate.   I asked about a 'passport' and was told that I could obtain one through Patong Hospital.   I believe now that the Vaccination Certificate that I was given is the same document that those vaccinated in Karon had to go to Chalong Hospital to obtain.   What Patong Hospital are going to give me on the 23rd is a certificate for International Travel.

I doubt you got a vaccination certificate. Think you refer to that working slip that is stamped. I take that to Chalong to get the certificate. Then I can get the vax passport.  Not sure if hospital or some municipal office.  Monday's problem ....

Edited by LivinginKata

23 minutes ago, LivinginKata said:

I doubt you got a vaccination certificate. Think you refer to that working slip that is stamped. I take that to Chalong to get the certificate. Then I can get the vax passport.  Not sure if hospital or some municipal office.  Monday's problem ....

No, I'm pretty sure that it was the actual Vaccination Certificate not a working slip.  I handed it over, with a copy of my passport, at Patong Hospital and was given this receipt.   As you can see, it's definitely for an International Travel certificate.   

20210918_171944#1.jpg

49 minutes ago, pagallim said:

No, I'm pretty sure that it was the actual Vaccination Certificate not a working slip.  I handed it over, with a copy of my passport, at Patong Hospital and was given this receipt.   As you can see, it's definitely for an International Travel certificate.   

20210918_171944#1.jpg

This is what one gets at Chalong Hospital assuming Chalong Hospital staffed your vaccination center.  Cost 50 baht.

Redacted vaccination certificate.png

2 minutes ago, skatewash said:

This is what one gets at Chalong Hospital assuming Chalong Hospital staffed your vaccination center.  Cost 50 baht.

Redacted vaccination certificate.png

Looks exactly what was given at Jung Ceylon, though black and white and no charge.   Staff there from Patong Hospital.

14 minutes ago, pagallim said:

Looks exactly what was given at Jung Ceylon, though black and white and no charge.   Staff there from Patong Hospital.

Although it's been redacted in the example posted, there's a QR code in the upper right that when scanned goes to a Ministry of Public Health database that shows in Thai the dates of all your covid vaccinations.  There's also an ID Card number, 13-digit, starting with "60000..." that seems to tie your vaccination records with the same MOPH database.  It's been explained that you can enter that ID Card number on the Mor Prom app.  It's supposed to load  the same sort of vaccination record when accessed from Mor Prom.  I haven't tried that yet.

Your certificate looks good as far as it goes but seems to lack a tie-in (via QR code or ID Card number) into the MOPH database.  Of course, I've no idea what is actually required by anyone, but I was feeling sort of confident in having the bilingual Thailand National Vaccination Certificate that could be validated via the QR code and perhaps the ID Card number as well.  I guess what is actually required will become apparent as we go forward.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, skatewash said:

Your certificate looks good as far as it goes but seems to lack a tie-in (via QR code or ID Card number) into the MOPH database.  Of course, I've no idea what is actually required by anyone, but I was feeling sort of confident in having the bilingual Thailand National Vaccination Certificate that could be validated via the QR code and perhaps the ID Card number as well.  I guess what is actually required will become apparent as we go forward.

That's not the certificate, it's only the receipt (applied for 18.9, to be collected 23.9) for the application for an International Travel certificate.   As I said previously, the certificate that I was given at JC I had to give Patong Hospital along with a passport copy.   I'll post a photo of what I'm given on the 23rd, as well as the Vaccination Certificate that should be returned to me.

490538494_20210918_1719441.thumb.jpg.c7716d555090418f520645e7b8c90498.jpg

• Like 1

I am finally getting my first jab - Pfizer - next Wednesday on 22 September. It's through Bangkok Phuket Hospital, but taking place at Central Floresta.

I have to go back to Bangkok next month after 6 months away from there. I hope I can get the second jab on time somewhere in Bangkok.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, KarenBravo said:

That doesn't look like the official international certificate. Where do you get that?

No it's not.   Those are two screen shots of the Mor Prom app that I installed on my phone this morning, one of the home/menu page, and the other of the 'Vaccine Covid-19 Certificate' page (which is identical to the paper copy that I handed over in Patong Hospital yesterday in application of my 'International Vaccine Certificate'.   Reading about this in another thread, it appears that it's standard that the 'International' certificate takes 5 days to obtain (photo of the receipt and the collection appointment on the 23rd, i.e. 5 days).   The international certificate bears a strong resemblance to a Yellow Fever certificate, which many of us will be familiar with.   I'll post a photo once I get it.

I think some confusion has been caused by those receiving their doses in Karon had/have to get their certificate from Chalong Hospital, whereas those at Jung Ceylon get their's issued there immediately after their second dose.

20210918_171944.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, pagallim said:

Did the Mor Prom registration thing this morning, and yes, entering the 13 digit number from your vaccination is really all that's required, brings up your full name, passport number, DOB etc.  These screen shots from my phone. 

Yes, signed on to that app. Works as described. 

Looks like the digital health pass needs an ATK result.  The ATK option goes nowhere. Anyone figured how to enter an ATK result into the app.

8 minutes ago, LivinginKata said:

Yes, signed on to that app. Works as described. 

Looks like the digital health pass needs an ATK result.  The ATK option goes nowhere. Anyone figured how to enter an ATK result into the app.

For verification, I'm guessing that PCR/ATK test results can only be entered by a system administrator, not the app user.

• Like 1

On 9/19/2021 at 2:38 PM, pagallim said:

No it's not.   Those are two screen shots of the Mor Prom app that I installed on my phone this morning, one of the home/menu page, and the other of the 'Vaccine Covid-19 Certificate' page (which is identical to the paper copy that I handed over in Patong Hospital yesterday in application of my 'International Vaccine Certificate'.   Reading about this in another thread, it appears that it's standard that the 'International' certificate takes 5 days to obtain (photo of the receipt and the collection appointment on the 23rd, i.e. 5 days).   The international certificate bears a strong resemblance to a Yellow Fever certificate, which many of us will be familiar with.   I'll post a photo once I get it.

I think some confusion has been caused by those receiving their doses in Karon had/have to get their certificate from Chalong Hospital, whereas those at Jung Ceylon get their's issued there immediately after their second dose.

20210918_171944.jpg

Did they give you the original 'Domestic' travel vaccine certificate back and take a copy when you applied?, or have they kept the original?.

2 minutes ago, PST said:

Did they give you the original 'Domestic' travel vaccine certificate back and take a copy when you applied?, or have they kept the original?.

They kept both, the original and the copy.   I'll make sure I get the original back when I collect the international passport this week.   The 'domestic' certification is also in my installed Mor Prom app of course.

• Like 1

Went to Chalong hospital yesterday. What a rigmarole.

First, they kept asking for a piece of paper that was never given to those that got their jabs in Karon. After awhile, they accepted the tiny sticker on my passport.

Gave me the standard form showing the two shots, batch numbers etc and claimed that it was good for international travel.

I had brought my Thai issued yellow vaccination book and asked them to fill it in and then chop and sign it. Nope, they weren't authorized to do that. They suggested I go to the Public Health Department in Phuket Town, which I will do this afternoon.

There seems to be mass confusion as to what constitutes an International validity certificate. They actually said that the standard piece of paper "will get me on the plane". I asked if the paper will be accepted by foreign airport Health and Immigration. All I got was a sheepish smile.

17 minutes ago, KarenBravo said:

First, they kept asking for a piece of paper that was never given to those that got their jabs in Karon. After awhile, they accepted the tiny sticker on my passport.

Gave me the standard form showing the two shots, batch numbers etc and claimed that it was good for international travel.

I had brought my Thai issued yellow vaccination book and asked them to fill it in and then chop and sign it. Nope, they weren't authorized to do that. They suggested I go to the Public Health Department in Phuket Town, which I will do this afternoon.

There seems to be mass confusion as to what constitutes an International validity certificate. They actually said that the standard piece of paper "will get me on the plane". I asked if the paper will be accepted by foreign airport Health and Immigration. All I got was a sheepish smile.

Take a copy of the certificate Chalong hospital gave you, as well as a passport copy.   It's a standard 5 days between application and receiving the International Certificate.   You can fast track it, but that requires copies of actual flight itineraries showing less than 5 days before travel.

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, pagallim said:

Take a copy of the certificate Chalong hospital gave you, as well as a passport copy.   It's a standard 5 days between application and receiving the International Certificate.   You can fast track it, but that requires copies of actual flight itineraries showing less than 5 days before travel.

So.....am I going to the right place for the international certificate?

19 minutes ago, KarenBravo said:

So.....am I going to the right place for the international certificate?

What they told me in Jung Ceylon when I asked about going to Chalong Hospital, they told me no, Patong or the Phuket Provincial Hospital (known as the Aor Bor Jor hospital, tel 076 358 888 give them a call to make sure).

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, KarenBravo said:

Can you keep us posted re getting your yellow book filled in?

Cheers

1 hour ago, pagallim said:

They kept both, the original and the copy.   I'll make sure I get the original back when I collect the international passport this week.   The 'domestic' certification is also in my installed Mor Prom app of course.

Thanks. So this 'International' certificate is obviously needed for Thais travelling abroad too, not just non-thai?

33 minutes ago, pagallim said:

What they told me in Jung Ceylon when I asked about going to Chalong Hospital, they told me no, Patong or the Phuket Provincial Hospital (known as the Aor Bor Jor hospital, tel 076 358 888 give them a call to make sure).

Called the Aor Bor Jor with the number above. They said that they cannot issue an international certificate and nor can Patong. They are going to call the Public Health office and then call me back. I complained that you can ask five different officials about this certificate and get five different answers.

This is really pathetic. Phuket has many foreigners so therefore they will need internationally valid certificates if they want to visit their home, yet none of these public health officials know how, or where to get one.

I really wish that they would be honest and say "I don't know" instead of saving face by making stuff up and sending me on wild goose chases.

2 hours ago, KarenBravo said:

First, they kept asking for a piece of paper that was never given to those that got their jabs in Karon

I got the ' piece of paper' at karon after my first jab, and so did everyone else that was there on the day i went.