Phuket Vaccination Sign-up Site Now Open For All Foreigners

Pattaya Spotter

OK, I just got called back by an official at the Aor Bor Jor hospital.

She said that I have to go to the Public Health department. I asked about stamping the yellow book, but she didn't know.

The real kicker is that she wants me to call her back to let her know what the requirements are for issuing the international certificate. 

1 minute ago, KarenBravo said:

OK, I just got called back by an official at the Aor Bor Jor hospital.

She said that I have to go to the Public Health department. I asked about stamping the yellow book, but she didn't know.

The real kicker is that she wants me to call her back to let her know what the requirements are for issuing the international certificate. 

There has a been a post made from someone who has been to Patong hospital, and will receive the International certificate within 5 days, so they seem to be issuing them there.

1 minute ago, KarenBravo said:

That's not the piece of paper they wanted. This paper was issued after the final jab was given.

It was the same bit of paper, the only difference was the second jab date was added to it.

10 minutes ago, PST said:

There has a been a post made from someone who has been to Patong hospital, and will receive the International certificate within 5 days, so they seem to be issuing them there.

That was me.   What I suspect is that these international certificates are being prepared at a central location, and then issued by which ever hospital the application was made (in my case Patong).   Again, here is the receipt that I was given.   I'll post information on the 23rd (Thursday) once I get it.  I also stumbled across this thread, at first not realising that it was in the Chiang Mai forum.   Quite a lot of information here:   

SSWtlwB.jpg

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, pagallim said:

That was me.   What I suspect is that these international certificates are being prepared at a central location, and then issued by which ever hospital the application was made (in my case Patong).   Again, here is the receipt that I was given.   I'll post information on the 23rd (Thursday) once I get it.  I also stumbled across this thread, at first not realising that it was in the Chiang Mai forum.   Quite a lot of information here:   

SSWtlwB.jpg

Thanks. So they are only issuing them if you have a confirmed date of travel?, you cant just apply for one that you may use in the future?

• Like 1

Are these 'International' certificates needed by law to travel out of Thailand?, do you get refused at immigration if you dont have one i mean what have people been using up till this point to leave the country and re-enter after the required jabs?. Many non thais have been double vaxxed months ago, and i'm sure some have left and re-entered.

Edited by PST

21 minutes ago, PST said:

Thanks. So they are only issuing them if you have a confirmed date of travel?, you cant just apply for one that you may use in the future?

No, anybody can apply for one at any time.   The normal time between application and receiving it is 5 days.   For those who need to travel internationally within that 5 day period, a fast track facility is available, but this has to be mitigated by showing travel documents (flight itinerary etc).   I have no intention of travelling out of Thailand for the foreseeable future, however I'll have this document 'just in case'.

Whether these international certificates will be accepted will be at the discretion of the country you're intending to travel to.   Yes, undoubtably many have left Thailand and since returned, and some will have been vaccinated.   I believe that those that have will have done the 14 days ASQ routine, and those more recent the Phuket Sandbox (if they met the qualification criteria, i.e. vax plus test).

• Like 2

3 hours ago, KarenBravo said:

Went to Chalong hospital yesterday. What a rigmarole.

First, they kept asking for a piece of paper that was never given to those that got their jabs in Karon. 

I got both shots at Karon, was given the attached after the 1st.

Went for the 2nd Saturday and they filled in the same paper, gave it to Chalong hospital yesterday and got the certificate.

IMG_20210921_102935.jpg

Edited by beechbum
  • Like 2

31 minutes ago, beechbum said:

I got both shots at Karon, was given the attached after the 1st.

Went for the 2nd Saturday and they filled in the same paper, gave it to Chalong hospital yesterday and got the certificate.

IMG_20210921_102935.jpg

Yes, same for me. I have the certificate from Chalong Hospital, but it's for domestic use only.

It's infuriating that a government hospital has asked me to keep them informed about where to get the International certificate. Don't the Health Authorities talk to the hospitals? Seems not.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, KarenBravo said:

Yes, same for me. I have the certificate from Chalong Hospital, but it's for domestic use only.

It's infuriating that a government hospital has asked me to keep them informed about where to get the International certificate. Don't the Health Authorities talk to the hospitals? Seems not.

Ah ok, got it, yeah agreed, incredible amounts of grey.

We're used to ineptness but at a time like this if those 2 departments are communicating then that's a whole new level of stupid.

• Like 1

Does everyone need that international certificate / passport to fly out of Thailand?

My parents will fly Emirates to Serbia (which doesn't require vaxx.cert or PCR on arrival for citizens), and called Emirates they said also no need vaxx.cert or PCR on Phuket check-in and Dubai transfer... hope this is correct . . .

45 minutes ago, sallecc said:

Does everyone need that international certificate / passport to fly out of Thailand?

My parents will fly Emirates to Serbia (which doesn't require vaxx.cert or PCR on arrival for citizens), and called Emirates they said also no need vaxx.cert or PCR on Phuket check-in and Dubai transfer... hope this is correct . . .

All down to the destination country.   I think importantly, it will get you back into Thailand under the Phuket Sandbox scheme or anything similar that may be introduced in future.

26 minutes ago, PST said:

i only posted it once. You posted the reply twice with the pics

Indeed, why I edited it, for some reason it posted twice.

• Like 1

There is some confusion over the evidence of vaccination.  There is the vaccine certificate (issued by the hospital where you get your shots), the vaccine paper "passport" which is obtained after you have your vaccine certificate (considered complete when your 2nd shot is recorded on it or issued after your 2nd shot depending on the hospital) in hand- usually through the local health dept, and the Thailand Digital Health Pass (on the Morprom app, also obtained when you have your second shot using the 13 digit number on your vaccine certificate).  Have not seen where the vaccine "passport" is considered required for flight, yet.  I have the vaccine certificate, the vaccine paper "passport" (Chiang Mai, took almost no time to get but a second appt to pick up), and the Digital Health Pass (and a screenshot of it in case of no internet) just to cover all bases.

7 minutes ago, DrPhibes said:

There is some confusion over the evidence of vaccination.  There is the vaccine certificate (issued by the hospital where you get your shots), the vaccine paper "passport" which is obtained after you have your vaccine certificate (considered complete when your 2nd shot is recorded on it or issued after your 2nd shot depending on the hospital) in hand- usually through the local health dept, and the Thailand Digital Health Pass (on the Morprom app, also obtained when you have your second shot using the 13 digit number on your vaccine certificate).  Have not seen where the vaccine "passport" is considered required for flight, yet.  I have the vaccine certificate, the vaccine paper "passport" (Chiang Mai, took almost no time to get but a second appt to pick up), and the Digital Health Pass (and a screenshot of it in case of no internet) just to cover all bases.

In the case of no internet, you can just show the hard copy, its exactly the same as what is on the Mor Phrom app

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, KarenBravo said:

Just got back from the Provincial Health office.

Just outside the office, under shelter is a desk manned by two young ladies with about twenty seats in front of them. Every seat was empty and I was the only foreigner.

I asked if this was the correct place to get the International certificate.

She said it was.

I handed over copy of passport and the original vaccination paper from the hospital showing that I'd had two shots.

They will fill out a new yellow vaccination book with all the details. I am to collect it tomorrow.

I had brought my yellow vaccination book and asked them to print the info in there. Cannot. Must have new vaccination book.

I printed out the certificate that pagalim had posted. They said that this is submitted by the hospital for a new yellow book. So, this could indeed be just a receipt.

Informed the two young ladies that none of the hospitals I've called know what to do for the International Certificate and that there were lots of foreigners wanting to know where to come and what to do. Then, I stared pointedly at all the empty seats.

Wife says that they are too low on the food-chain to pass this on to their bosses as it will be seen as criticism of an elder.

So......there you have it. New yellow book from the Provincial Health office. One day wait.

So are you expecting a yellow book with all the info, a certificate, or both tomorrow?. I presume a Thai would also need this to travel outside of Thailand?

Edited by PST

11 minutes ago, KarenBravo said:

I would say yes. The yellow book is the Gold Standard when it comes to proof of vaccination. Various bits of paper may not be recognized by the country you are going to. The yellow vaccination book is always accepted.

Not sure where your from, but just read this from uk government.

242497025_1947035595478964_537888969035813920_n.jpg

Edited by PST

4 minutes ago, KarenBravo said:

Good news, but it's from a single country only.

Good news?, how?, it states from October 4th, and returning to the UK from Thailand and have been vaccinated in Thailand you are classed as unvaccinated and need to quarantine at home for 10 days.

Edited by PST

It reads that other countries where AstraZeneca (quality approved by Oxford) are also not accepted, and not just Thailand. For example Jamaica and India  (in addition to Thailand).  My understanding is the UK government link for this information is here:

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/red-amber-and-green-list-rules-for-entering-england

Edited by oldcpu