Best tasting cow's milk in Thailand?

csaba81

for milk foam, like for cappuccino, tried several brands but ended up with Meiji, the only one I could make a consistently nice foam with.

some of the other brands separated while passing steam. no comment on that.

in other posts, I saw a few brands  I did not see in shops here, worth a try as and when available.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Gecko123 said:

Surprised Foremost hasn't received any votes.

Just FYI, it may have escaped the notice of some from the US, Canada, and Australia that Thai milk isn't fortified with Vitamins A and D, as is usually the case back home.

Foremost milk is much like all the rest, Meiji is however the best for frothing for cappuccino. Foremost whipping cream, however, is the only one which works well.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...
On 6/18/2021 at 5:16 PM, johng said:

This one tastes  ok to me  in my cornflakes and breakfast tea.

available in BicC and Tesco'sss   maybe not 7/11

P_20181025_142820.thumb.jpg.71f71e8037bf26f040c4f1f2ef400d7f.jpg

P_20181025_142807.thumb.jpg.cc47554dada790653ad32dcc957b268f.jpg

agreed, it is simply richer, especially with my morning espresso. I was a committed meji blue drinker until one day it was out of stock and I picked up a jug of mMilk. I have gone back to Meji when mMilk is out of stock, but I think there is a significant difference in taste.

One problem with this milk   that others suffer from too  is that it can go bad before the expiry date

so always give it the sniff test before pouring in... I think it's due to the very high heat and not so good cold storage chain  from dairy to shop  and then again once in the shop.

My favorite milk is the milk offered by Dairy Home. It's pasteurized the old-fashioned low temperature way so it tastes like raw milk. That's the way milk used to test before high temperature pasteurization and ultra pasteurization took over the market. They offer lots of varieties including one that comes from cows that graze only on pasture.

The milk sold as Chokchai Farm milk doesn't actually come from Chokchai farms. For some reason, they sold their licensing rights long ago. Umm! Milk is actually from Chokchai.

"With a budget of 10 million baht for 2007 marketing budget, Farm Chokchai Group has lanuched its homemade ice cream and dairy product brand "Umm!...Milk" in the local premium market, where it says its superior freshness, quality ingredients and rich taste can compete with competitors including imported products.
To support its retail business, Farm Chokchai Groups is planning to open eight outlets of "Umm!...Milk Dairy Shop" in Bangkok's prime locations by the end of 2007, expecting the first-year sales to grow by 20 per cent.
Choak Bulakul, managing director of Farm Chokchai Group, said, "We plan to position Umm!...Milk as premium dairy products in Thailand." 

https://www.ryt9.com/en/prg/49370

"FYI, products from Chokchai Farm is now branded as Umm! Milk as they have sold off their Chokchai Milk brand back in 1994 as they restructure their operations."

https://www.roadtrippers.asia/places/chokchai-farm/