Thailand reports 4,161 new COVID-19 cases, 51 more deaths

webfact

1 minute ago, wensiensheng said:

Everything they say seems logical to me and supported by what has been seen in other countries in terms of what works to control the virus, to buy time until sufficient vaccinations are done.

Projects like the sandbox etc are just putting lipstick on a pig. It’s also putting the cart before the horse because you need to show you are a vaccinated country in control of Covid, before you start inviting people to come.

the business guys in this article just might be on to something! Maybe they have paid attention to how other countries have fared.

What we have here is not only the health professionals urging the government to go for firmer measures, ie lockdown, now we have the businesses also saying the same thing.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

Whether she did or not, it was tragic and her parents will be distraught. Its enough for them to know the reasons not us to try and delve into them

If this tragic incident is being used to highlight how dangerous Covid is, I think it's fair to ask that question. It's important the facts are not distorted to support either side of the debate. 

3 minutes ago, CG1 Blue said:

If this tragic incident is being used to highlight how dangerous Covid is, I think it's fair to ask that question. It's important the facts are not distorted to support either side of the debate. 

The facts we know, a 15 year old died of covid in hospital, everything else is speculation as we've not been told. 

6 minutes ago, CG1 Blue said:

Agreed. What's happening in the UK now really demonstrates that with vaccinations the virus is no longer more of a threat than other diseases. Hence the likelihood that the UK will fully 'open up' on or before 19th July. 

My point is that even if there were 1 million cases per day in Israel but hardly anyone was getting seriously ill, the 1 million number becomes more or less irrelevant

Indeed, the UK, Israel, US etc went through hell to get where they are now with the light firmly at the end of the tunnel, Thailand is just entering the tunnel of darkness and has a long way to go yet unfortunately

• Like 2

Published in Royal Gazette last night new order:

Starting Monday, restaurants in Bangkok metro, Pattani, Yala, Narathiwat, and Songkhla will be banned from offering dine-in service. Gatherings of more than 20 people, as well as holding events at hotels and conference centers, will also be banned for the next 30 days. Malls only open till 9pm. Checkpoints between provinces in red zone. Sealing over 500 worker camps for 30 days.

Links: Source Source Source

• Like 1

9 hours ago, CG1 Blue said:

Agreed. What's happening in the UK now really demonstrates that with vaccinations the virus is no longer more of a threat than other diseases. Hence the likelihood that the UK will fully 'open up' on or before 19th July. 

My point is that even if there were 1 million cases per day in Israel but hardly anyone was getting seriously ill, the 1 million number becomes more or less irrelevant

Thats what i said all along , nobody cares how many infected there are , or even the deaths are just numbers ( up to a certain lvl ) . It is the hospitals getting full with patients needing help . Nobody cares about everybody having a common cold , hey lets all sneeze and cough , nobody cares ( now they do since it might be covid ... just a example ) . If everybody is vaccinated , this will happen and the numbers become nothing more then that . Yes there will be a occasional death or hospital admission , but they won't overflow everything . In 5y this corona virus will prob evolve into a common cold , like all previous corona virus strains , but for the moment , only vaccines are the way out . The way out of the lockdowns , the way out of the hospitals , and also in large amount the way out of the deaths , and going back to normal life .

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Checkpoints between provinces in red zone.

So how will this actually work in reality.

Example....... someone wants to drive from Bangkok to say Sattahip.

Or someone eg wants to fly from Bangkok to Udon Thani. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Starting Monday, restaurants in Bangkok metro, Pattani, Yala, Narathiwat, and Songkhla will be banned from offering dine-in service. Gatherings of more than 20 people, as well as holding events at hotels and conference centers, will also be banned for the next 30 days. Malls only open till 9pm. Checkpoints between provinces in red zone. Sealing over 500 worker camps for 30 days.

A partial lockdown. Wonder if the Gyms and pools will have to close again as well as the parks.  Lets see whatthe BMA Governor says later today.  If you have not prepared, then you might want to stock up so you can now cook at home, but of course you could always order delivery I would venture to guess.  Wonder how this will affect the supposed school re-opening here on July 1st that they were supposed to shift back to from the on-line teaching.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, sezze said:

Thats what i said all along , nobody cares how many infected there are , or even the deaths are just numbers ( up to a certain lvl ) . It is the hospitals getting full with patients needing help . Nobody cares about everybody having a common cold , hey lets all sneeze and cough , nobody cares ( now they do since it might be covid ... just a example ) . If everybody is vaccinated , this will happen and the numbers become nothing more then that . Yes there will be a occasional death or hospital admission , but they won't overflow everything . In 5y this corona virus will prob evolve into a common cold , like all previous corona virus strains , but for the moment , only vaccines are the way out . The way out of the lockdowns , the way out of the hospitals , and also in large amount the way out of the deaths , and going back to normal life .

You don't seem to understand what is going on. 

Please use India as an example, since India is doing what you advocate. The hospitals are filled, so anyone else needing medical assistance is out of luck, like heart attack victims. Do you really want to live without access to medical facilities? 

• Confused 1

13 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

. Sealing over 500 worker camps for 30 days

I'm showing more ignorance now.

What does a workers camp look like. How many people would be in a workers camp.

Are they easy to "seal"

So this means that people are not free to leave? 

7 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

So how will this actually work in reality.

Example....... someone wants to drive from Bangkok to say Sattahip.

Or someone eg wants to fly from Bangkok to Udon Thani. 

Your guess is as good as mine, standing by to stand by to hear the true fall-out and wait until the BMA Governor puts his spin on this.  Bangkok being partially locked down yet the Sandbox in Phuket going ahead hell or high water.......boggles the mind.  Money is important in only one aspect, possibly because of all the shifting of vaccinations to Phuket and the need to save face as they have put so much time and effort into the plan.  Holding my breath that the Beta and Delta variants don't close in on them from both sides.  Sadly, without testing because there are no beds available, I can understand why they want to have checkpoints going out of the city.  The question is what are the parameters going to be.  BTW, my GF just heard her Aunt is now on a respirator, this via the uncle who was notified at the field hospital he and the kids are in...ugh

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Danderman123 said:

Please use India as an example, since India is doing what you advocate. The hospitals are filled, so anyone else needing medical assistance is out of luck, like heart attack victims. Do you really want to live without access to medical facilities? 

I never said that , India got not a lot of vaccinated people yet . Europe is the reference for me , and while Asia was good in the beginning of keeping the virus under control , it failed on vaccinating . Vaccination is the way out , since it does make people not needing medical care and die . If Thailand would bought the same time as Europe , then in July instead of trying to open with large regulations , would be everything open , 70% of the country would be vaccinated and would feel save also .

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Are they easy to "seal"

Similar to this although I've seen some with razor wire and they have also stated that they will have military guarding them. No they will not be allowed out. Food is brought into them.

Workers' camp spawns 196 infections in Bangkok

Edited by Bkk Brian
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Are they easy to "seal"

Imagine a construction site, large for a huge condo complex, and just down the road or built inside on a corner is a huge multi tower set of housing that have hundreds of workers living inside of them like the One Bangkok complex does right next to it on one side and then further on up the street.  Many working for Thai Obayashi or other Thai merged companies.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Like that is going to make one iota of a difference. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, sezze said:

I never said that , India got not a lot of vaccinated people yet . Europe is the reference for me , and while Asia was good in the beginning of keeping the virus under control , it failed on vaccinating . Vaccination is the way out , since it does make people not needing medical care and die . If Thailand would bought the same time as Europe , then in July instead of trying to open with large regulations , would be everything open , 70% of the country would be vaccinated and would feel save also .

image.png.01055c726ff4c5598b388e6152f6a5ae.png

India COVID-19 Vaccine Tracker | Geographic Insights (harvard.edu)

India is way above vaccination levels seen here. Over 52 million fully vaccinated and over 303 million with a first vaccination

• Like 1

Just now, Bkk Brian said:

Similar to this although I've seen some with razor wire and they have also stated that they will have military guarding them

Workers' camp spawns 196 infections in Bangkok

There has to be an opportunity for an enterprising journalist (world news) to take some snaps of sealed off camps.

Along with the comments from hospitals no beds and hence "don't come for a test  etc.

Throw in the lack of vaccines and failed registrations (esp for farang)

I'm sure there is a story in regards to prison situation to to written as a backdrop to Sandpit.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, anchadian said:

3,950 infections today.

45 Prisons

Total: 3,995.

42 deaths

https://www.facebook.com/informationcovid19/posts/352713819680282

These are also weekend numbers, so we must have bumped up against the maximum available testing.  I am not sure we may see more published in the future, but I would hope they are transparent with the Phuket sandbox starting in 4 days.  I still have not observed any testing figures from Phuket itself.  They better ensure the island is sealed up, wonder what the flight crews will bring in with them like what happened over in NZ and Australia to start that most recent lockdown.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

These are also weekend numbers, so we must have bumped up against the maximum available testing.  I am not sure we may see more published in the future, but I would hope they are transparent with the Phuket sandbox starting in 4 days.  I still have not observed any testing figures from Phuket itself.  They better ensure the island is sealed up, wonder what the flight crews will bring in with them like what happened over in NZ and Australia to start that most recent lockdown.

Things are bad in Sydney today.'30 new cases'! 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Last week closed 2 markets down in Rawai but nothing was published as to why, have to rely on local gossip

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Olmate said:

Things are bad in Sydney today.'30 new cases'! 

Hence the lockdown there, and then of course a relaxed lockdown here and only in Bangkok, not the same way they are running the countries.

52 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

I think he basically said vaccines are the way out so things can return to normal and we can then call it the common cold.Which seems like a sensible thing to say.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Are they easy to "seal"

They just convert the word "workers" to "concentration" I think that's how it works.

• Like 2