Thailand reports 5,406 new COVID-19 cases, 22 more deaths

webfact

26 minutes ago, meechai said:

So how many Flu/Pneumonia deaths a day average is that in 2018 PRE COVID?  122 !!

How many are dying now of covid according to Thai stats? 20-50 a day?

Geez buy a calculator & use some reason & logic Covid has been in full force in Thailand since 2019 period

Agree with you are saying, I was yelling this out ages ago, however with the variants, the spread is multiplied by much more and the deaths will increase to probably around the same as Pneumonia in the next few months I would sadly say with this Delta variant, meaning more spread, more infected, more deaths.

Buckle up for the ride and stay safe.

4 minutes ago, Susco said:

You do notice that this is a TRIAL just started a few days ago, so no results know yet, though other countries trials have shown that ivermectin does NOT work.

Glad that the TV virologists already know the results

Typically, the more rigorous the clinical trial, the less effective Ivermectin is shown to be. It’s really effective when dispensed by a sole practitioner to his preferred patients.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, dinsdale said:

Aren't asymptomatic or mild cases going to field hospitals. It's critical care and ICU which is overloaded.

I think they go to field hospitals if the hospital hospitals are full as they are an overflow strategy.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, rabas said:

Testing was not stopped. It's being limited to available beds, which means the system is now wrong. It was never intended for high numbers. The failure is not having a better system to put in place when numbers rise.

Are the test numbers counted or not counted? because counting the number of tests based on the available beds that are equal to zero seems to me a tragic comic comedy

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, wensiensheng said:

I feel as though there is a tsunami of delta cases coming and the authorities are building walls of sand on the beach to stop it.

I agree, You might be seeing Delta now

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

Seen that for a fact......? Or simply whimsical?

There was an official announcement from the Thai authorities that they were going to deploy the military to seal off the camps.

It was reported on various local news outlets, both Thai and English language.

Here's just one example.

Military, police deployed to seal off nearly 600 construction worker camps

And here's the picture accompanying the article.

Screenshot_2021_0628_094629.png

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, ICELANDMAN said:

Are the test numbers counted or not counted? because counting the number of tests based on the available beds that are equal to zero seems to me a tragic comic comedy

Don’t forget that a couple thousand beds are vacated each day.

51 minutes ago, James105 said:

Maybe it's time to stop putting healthy people without symptoms in hospital then and try the somewhat radical approach of only admitting people to hospital that are actually sick.   Just a thought.   

Healthy people don't test positive for Covid, they are still carriers and can infect others. Ergo why Thailand does it their way.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, anchadian said:

More than 200 Cambodian workers showed up at Kab Cherng immigration checkpoint in Surin province on Sunday to return to their homeland following the government’s order to shut down construction camps.

https://www.nationthailand.com/in-focus/40002541

I am guessing that they were dropped off at the border with Cambodia. No idea under what conditions Cambodia will let them in.

42 minutes ago, James105 said:

Well the UK was recording 50-70,000 positive cases a day back in January.   What exactly do you want to do with the people testing positive should Thailand get to even 50% of these numbers?   How do the logistics work of even feeding and accommodating this many people if you do not just send them home if they are not sick?   

Send them to Phuket and call them tourists.

1 hour ago, wensiensheng said:

Can you provide some numbers to back that up. I don’t recall numbers as high as 5k before, other than on two days when prison cases were dumped. And also don’t recall cases of 4K other than the last week. Prior to that I don’t recall cases of 3k for anything other than a couple of weeks.

are you seriously saying that cases haven’t been steadily rising, despite the shortfall in testing? And check out the 7 day rolling average chart. See anything there that says cases arent rapidly rising?

They went from 2.5k to 3k to 4k very fast. Now this one for 5k. Couple of months ago 8k but that was lots of inmates

Just now, worrab said:

Just to throw my thoughts into the melting pot. What is now going to happen after the mass exodus from Bangkok over the weekend thanks to being forewarned about today's sealing up the construction camps and the like?? I have a feeling that the numbers are not going to look good in the next few weeks!!

Except for the migrants scrambling back to their home countries.

53 minutes ago, GeorgeCross said:

i think they tried this in the UK with full rent, furloughs and 80% income no less. didn't work out too well.

how do you think thailand will get on with no rent moratorium or income provisions?

Thailand cant even afford vaccines. How could they afford that? Free rent and money

• Confused 1

14 minutes ago, James105 said:

Lockdowns, no matter how severe, have not really made that much difference in countries where the case numbers are in tens of thousands per day and if Thailand starts appearing on the red list of other countries then it will be increasingly difficult to get a flight out of here.   

Can you show evidence of that? ie lockdowns have not made much difference?

• Like 2