"There's no going back once we open" - Phuket governor says they're ready for Sandbox start

webfact

10 hours ago, pagallim said:

This has been in operation for some time.   There are exceptions, such as people who travel to Phuket regularly on business, delivery drivers etc.

If the Phuket sandbox goes pear shaped, it will be from these people, and the hospitality workers sneaking in from other provinces to cash in on the tourist $$$ who screw the pooch.  But how is that any different from what's already going on all over Thailand?   Covid is rampant.  Migrant workers are scattering to the wind to avoid lockdowns.

Fully vaccinated foreign tourists who got tested before their flight, tested again on arrival and then again before they're allowed to exit the sandbox for other Thai provinces will be the least hazardous souls in any hotel or restaurant in Thailand.  Not 100% safe.  Nobody is.  But a lot less hazardous than locals who seem to be testing positive at scary percentages when they do get tested.

Edited by impulse
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, webfact said:

His message to the media was a clear one: Once we're open we won't be closing again. 

The Phuket sandbox can also be cancelled if the number of new infections surges to 90 per week

Which quote do you believe? ????????????

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Susco said:

As far as I'm aware AZ vaccinations started at 7 June in Thailand, and there is 12 weeks between first and second jab.

So how did you get your second jab?

I think the normal gap between 1st and 2nd jabs is 8 weeks. It's certainly that for Pfizer but the UK has been using the longer 12 weeks to enable them to get 1st shots faster but I don't know about in Thailand. 

As for getting 2 shots of AZ I'm not sure. My wife will get her second shot early in July but it's not AZ. I'll check to see what my daughter had when I speak to my wife shortly.

1 hour ago, kimamey said:

I think the normal gap between 1st and 2nd jabs is 8 weeks. It's certainly that for Pfizer but the UK has been using the longer 12 weeks to enable them to get 1st shots faster but I don't know about in Thailand. 

As for getting 2 shots of AZ I'm not sure. My wife will get her second shot early in July but it's not AZ. I'll check to see what my daughter had when I speak to my wife shortly.

12 weeks in between AZ vaccine jabs here in Thailand, justvhad my first one on the 24th scheduled for the 16th of September for the second here in Bangkok 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

12 weeks in between AZ vaccine jabs here in Thailand, justvhad my first one on the 24th scheduled for the 16th of September for the second here in Bangkok 

That's a good way of getting 1st shots into more people. The odd thing is I asked about my daughter who is in Bangkok and she had her 1st shot of AZ in early June but her 2nd is around the middle of October. I've got no idea what the thinking is and it may well change.