3.2m More COVID Vaccine Doses This Week

snoop1130

AE2CFF9E-2E2A-4C8B-AAA5-46248861.jpg

BANGKOK, June 30 (TNA) – Thailand receives 3.2 million more doses of COVID-19 vaccines by Sinovac and AstraZeneca this week, said Deputy Prime Minister and Public Health Minister Anutin Charnvirakul.

The country today accepted 1 million doses of Sinovac vaccine and there were two new lots of AstraZeneca vaccine covering altogether 2.2 million doses, he said.

According to Mr Anutin, 800,000 doses of AstraZeneca vaccine arrived on June 28 and 1.4 million more doses from the producer will follow on July 2.

Full Story: https://tna.mcot.net/english-news-728576

tnalogo.jpg

-- © Copyright TNA 2021-06-30

4 hours ago, Surelynot said:

Just had my first Sinovac jab........was it the jab, 1000mg of Ibuprofen plus 1000mg of paracetamol or 6 bottles of Singa that made my "slipped disc"......slip back into place?.....We may never know!!! Feeling v.good at the moment.

Sinovac is now shown that it doesn’t work! Dozens of doctors in Indonesia were fully vaccinated and have died 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Does this include the 1.05m AZ shots donated by Japan, and the 500k Sinovac donated by China?

The article states

"In June Thailand received 9 million doses and the Department of Disease Control is quickly distributing them for inoculation."

9 million doses? In June? What the....? The magician has conjured up a new figure. Last I heard, it was 4.7 not including the now heavily reduced figure, from 1.3m, to 800,000 from AZ. So 5.5m in total. I just do not understand the computations these guys are making. Give us a true, accurate breakdown of type, source, delivery date and quantities!

Edited by bradiston
Update
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Thailand receives 3.2 million more doses of COVID-19 vaccines by Sinovac and AstraZeneca this week, said Deputy Prime Minister and Public Health Minister Anutin Charnvirakul.

So is that 3.2 million does for 1st time vaccines or for 2nd jabs which must be needed by now?

decisions decisions.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Ron jeremy said:

Sinovac is now shown that it doesn’t work! Dozens of doctors in Indonesia were fully vaccinated and have died 

I am not sure what to believe these days....... i have seen that report, I have seen others where Sinovac has yielded great protection. We are being subjected to media manipulation and the truth is a hidden secret!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

According to Mr Anutin, 800,000 doses of AstraZeneca vaccine arrived on June 28 and 1.4 million more doses from the producer will follow on July 2.

So the previous statements were "inaccurate"? Or maybe we misunderstood them?

Previously these were "June" numbers.

Still prefer AZ/THL management (james teague) updated us publicly, but suspecty the thai regime has nixed that.

Would be awesome if they said where these AZ doses came from? Domestic? Foreign?

That said, 2.2 MM of the good stuff is great news, moreso of they're a local varietal.

17 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

I am not sure what to believe these days....... i have seen that report, I have seen others where Sinovac has yielded great protection. We are being subjected to media manipulation and the truth is a hidden secret!

Yes media manipulation from those that are selling it, but the truth obviously lies in the deaths.

perhaps these doses came as gels not liquids?

9 hours ago, shdmn said:

Does it matter?  The contract says the local manufacturer needs to deliver 6-7mil a month or whatever the number they have been throwing around is.  If they can't produce it themselves I believe they are contractually obligated to get it from somewhere else.  

Yes, I think it does matter.  The fine print in AZ contracts, from what I have heard regarding this same issue in Europe, actually says they just need to make some sort of 'best reasonable effort' to deliver the vaccines.  Several Asian countries that were expecting their AZ shipments did not get them--but perhaps a best reasonable effort was made.  

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, herfiehandbag said:

You know, I suspect that they have got themselves into such a complete muddle, with so many individuals, agencies and ministries grandstanding, announcing, declaring and predicting that they actually don't know themselves.

Oh I'm sure they know. All deliveries come through the government and its agencies. Not difficult for them to keep a tally. The problem is the origin and quantities of the AZ shots, which are both moot, to say the least, and a very sensitive subject. With Sinovac there's only one possible point of origin, I imagine. I think it's just a case of BS baffles brains. Keep throwing out numbers that don't add up and everybody gets so confused trying to unravel them, they just give up. What will be, will be. Headbanging stuff.

45 minutes ago, herfiehandbag said:

You know, I suspect that they have got themselves into such a complete muddle, with so many individuals, agencies and ministries grandstanding, announcing, declaring and predicting that they actually don't know themselves.

Yes, certainly a feature, and not a bug.

And no one, like a free press, can hold them accountable.

10 hours ago, shdmn said:

Does it matter?  The contract says the local manufacturer needs to deliver 6-7mil a month or whatever the number they have been throwing around is.  If they can't produce it themselves I believe they are contractually obligated to get it from somewhere else.  

Ah, the contract. Are you sure i t didn't say that they will make best efforts like the EU contract? And then the EU started to insist the difference was made up from UK labs... How did that go?

Got mine yesterday........it was "vaccinated the foreigners" day at Phaythai 2........supposed to be over 60's but I would say at 65 I was one of the oldest there....the average age must have been 30+........so how they all registered I have no idea.

I believe that some 250,000 shots are given daily, so it’s 250,000 X 7 = 1,750,000 shots per week. 

On the other hand, if you add up all the announcements of doses received by the government in the last week, it’s a lot more than 1,750,000, so there may be some missing doses.

Also, the daily numbers are supposed to be shots administered, but This is Thailand, so maybe those are doses distributed to vaccination centers, rather than actual shots.

11 hours ago, newnative said:

Yes, I think it does matter.  The fine print in AZ contracts, from what I have heard regarding this same issue in Europe, actually says they just need to make some sort of 'best reasonable effort' to deliver the vaccines.  Several Asian countries that were expecting their AZ shipments did not get them--but perhaps a best reasonable effort was made.  

I am talking about the contract between Siam Bioscience and the Thai Gov't.  Not the contract with AstraZeneca.