01/07/2021 O/A extension renewal CW

21 minutes ago, berybert said:

got to immigration at just after 1pm which gave me time to update my Kasikorn passbook.

You didn't mention bank letter.

Did you make deposit into bank to show activity.

Assume you used money in bank method, so just the photocopies of your bank book pages.

You didn't mention hard copy print out of your appointment. 

This is required and they take your picture with you holding it.

Did you provide map of your residence.

Did you show lease agreement or anything similar.

2 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

You didn't mention bank letter.

Did you make deposit into bank to show activity.

Assume you used money in bank method, so just the photocopies of your bank book pages.

You didn't mention hard copy print out of your appointment. 

This is required and they take your picture with you holding it.

Did you provide map of your residence.

Did you show lease agreement or anything similar.

Bank letter was done the day before. 

Everyone has to show a movement in their bank book do they not ?

And yes I printed off the copies of my bank book yesterday. Not sure I needed too being as the bank also printed off a copy today. 

A map of my residence haha  I used to be able to drawer better when I was at school. What a waste of time that piece of paper is. 

I had the hard copy of my appointment but there was no picture of me holding that up taken. 

12 minutes ago, berybert said:

Bank letter was done the day before. 

Everyone has to show a movement in their bank book do they not ?

And yes I printed off the copies of my bank book yesterday. Not sure I needed too being as the bank also printed off a copy today. 

A map of my residence haha  I used to be able to drawer better when I was at school. What a waste of time that piece of paper is. 

I had the hard copy of my appointment but there was no picture of me holding that up taken. 

My questions were in the main for the benefit of others, especially first time extension. Not  everyone is aware of deposit on the day to show activity.

The clerk made the photocopy as she knows that the io may wish to see this updated page.

Not everyone is aware that for appointments a hard copy of confirmation email is required. 

Similar to map. It's required at CW.

etc etc.

Edited by DrJack54

4 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

My questions were in the main for the benefit of others, especially first time extension. Not  everyone is aware of deposit on the day to show activity.

The clerk made the photocopy as she knows that the io may wish to see this updated page.

Not everyone is aware that for appointments a hard copy of confirmation email is required. 

Similar to map. It's required at CW.

etc etc.

Won't be many showing the hard copy anymore being as online appointments are being shelved. 

Yeah no worries about talking about trying to help others, that's the only reason I bother to post about my experience. Thought I'd covered all bases, thanks for pointing out the bits I missed out.

Hope that doesn't look as rude to you as it does to me !!

• Like 1

I have not heard that the on-line reservation appointments were being shelved.  Can you explain a little further and point us to where that information is located.  Many of us have been doing the on-line appointments for many different things including the annual extension.

8 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

I have not heard that the on-line reservation appointments were being shelved.  Can you explain a little further and point us to where that information is located.  Many of us have been doing the on-line appointments for many different things including the annual extension.

The online appointments have been put on hold because of a data breach. I don't believe it effects 90 day reports. It's been mentioned on here and other places over the past week.

23 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Take a look at this topic, go to the 3rd page 

Bangkok Immigration - Mandatory Appointments as of July 19, 2021 - Thai Visas, Residency, and Work Permits - Thai Visa Forum

14 minutes ago, berybert said:

Thanks for the info, but it just down as they rectify the issues and not closed never to be used again.  If as you say it is gone, well then that will create a nightmare in logistics for many who use different services at CW, MTT and even in the outer areas where you could schedule an appointment.  No where did I see that the appointments will be done away with in the link you gave.

17 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

No where did I see that the appointments will be done away with in the link you gave.

It will be working again.

Check this topic posted last week. It has a announcement from immigration about it.

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1221766-the-online-booking-form-for-immigration-in-bangkok-will-be-down-for-the-foreseeable-future/

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Thanks for the info, but it just down as they rectify the issues and not closed never to be used again.  If as you say it is gone, well then that will create a nightmare in logistics for many who use different services at CW, MTT and even in the outer areas where you could schedule an appointment.  No where did I see that the appointments will be done away with in the link you gave.

No it will come back online again I have no doubt. Probably poor terminology on my part. 

If immigration can make a mountain out of a mole hill they will. 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

It will be working again.

Check this topic posted last week. It has a announcement from immigration about it.

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1221766-the-online-booking-form-for-immigration-in-bangkok-will-be-down-for-the-foreseeable-future/

Thank you Ubonjoe

How did you get an appointment? Can you book in advance?

Last  year, they rejected a bank letter issued in line with bank passbook from the previous day after I'd waited for my turn & told me to get it all done again. (although I gather letters should be valid for 7 days) 

So I went to the bank closest that opened earliest the next day which was a bike ride away as the SCB was closed at CW) & then went to queue & got it done in 3 hours. 

I am planning on going tomorrow, the desk told me to turn up to get an appointment later in the day to do their bank certificate on the day if they apply that rule again.

How did you get an appointment? Can you book in advance?

Don't answer - got the answer on how to get an appointment. Expect the site is still down, it doesn't load on my laptop for security breach.  

Edited by 503726

On 7/1/2021 at 5:33 PM, DrJack54 said:

Not  everyone is aware of deposit on the day to show activity.

Not required for Bangkok Bank account holders. I get my bank letter with latest balance two days before heading for Imm (believe I could do this seven days in advance in CM, but two days suffices). I also pick up my 12 month bank summary letter, which I had ordered the week before. Then, on Imm day, I stick the passbook in the machine at my local Bangkok Bank prior to heading to Imm. The machine moves the last balance forward to the next line, with today's date and a B/F notation. No activity required to get this latest balance moved forward one line. Plus, had I needed activity, unless I withdrew then re-deposited same, the passbook balance would not match the balance on the bank letter.

But I guess some banks need activity before they'll update the balance, which seems odd....

1 hour ago, DrJack54 said:

This thread is concerning CW.

That's nice, but my response was to your:

Not  everyone is aware of deposit on the day to show activity.

Or are you saying CW is one of the few, if not only, Imm offices to require activity in your passbook on day of renewal? I thought they only cared that the balance dated day of renewal matched the balance on your bank letter......(?). And, as said, Bangkok Bank's passbook would show this without any activity required, other than sticking the book in the update machine.

2 minutes ago, JimGant said:

, other than sticking the book in the update machine

Every immigration office is different.

Fact is that at CW many imm officers require activity on the day of application. Many folk opt for 100baht deposit. An update from machine will not cut it.