As the Sandbox launches, Patong is left silent and in the dark

webfact

10 hours ago, PingRoundTheWorld said:

Why does everyone keep comparing it to ASQ? I've done ASQ. Yes- of course it's better than ASQ. But I wasn't a regular tourist when I did that - I was planning on staying a while. For a regular tourist planning on staying for a week wasting your first night is quite a bummer, as are all the other rules. If the intention is to provide ASQ replacement for expats then they've done a great job. If they expected actual tourism, well, not so much. 300 a day or so is what they're getting now, and that's what they're going to keep getting unless they relax the rules and make it less difficult. On the upside(?) - they're not going to have enough people testing positive to brand it a failure for the simple reason that they won't have enough people. ????

I'm just talking from my perspective as I assume most on here are and who also don't see a rush of normal tourists as very likely. If I was a tourist here for a week then I'd probably be fairly tired so I can't see a problem with the first night plus I probably wouldn't stay just a week. I would want to travel outside of Phuket so the 14 days restriction would be a problem for me but some have no intention of moving too far from the beach, bar or pool so it won't matter to them.