Thai Private Hospital Association reduce price of Moderna vaccine

webfact

My Thai wife got this jab free yesterday here in Florida we just got here on monday and we are just visitors both Brit passports, Thailand a disgusting country treats everyone like sh_t,  If you got half a brain don't live there! There are so many places that are so much better, Andrew henderson Quote "Go Where You're Treated Best" And that ain't Thailand that's for sure!! such a stupid country.

I think most people who signed up for Moderna don't really care all that much about the exact price (within reason).

What they do care about though is WHEN they can finally get vaccinated, and that remains as clear as mud.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, clivebaxter said:

Yep, I ordered this on Lazada last week; expected delivery in a 5 to 10 days..............it's mainly out of India and China ......so lots of options to choose from!

It now appears that Thonburi Hospital applied to buy 50 million doses of Moderna last October but the government slow-walked their application while approving the purchase of AstraZeneca and the Chinese vaccines almost immediately.  Of course it's nobody's fault and besides the government is taking adequate measures to deal with the increasing number of cases according to a government spokesman.   This incredible news appeared in the local post.  At the same time, it reported people dying due to a lack of hospital beds and a father commiting suicide in despair over his daughter's death from lack of medical treatment.  What a country! The foreign vaccines have been available for over a year but there was no will to buy them.  Whose responsibility is it for these developments?

• Like 2

Never let a good crisis go to waste;  the pandemic is as stated an economic, physical and mental existential threat to the world. 

But rolling CC into the same category as COVID  is a just typical scare mongering.

There is no shortage of funding in Thailand to address the COVID vaccination program effectively and efficiently with the financial due diligence it requires. 

It's just that the finances to self-fund it rationally is all in the hands of the greedy few while the average citizen here continue to suffer the incompetence and mismanagement of the ongoing vaccine program (circus) .

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

10 minutes ago, berrec said:

Never let a good crisis go to waste;  the pandemic is as stated an economic, physical and mental existential threat to the world. 

But rolling CC into the same category as COVID  is a just typical scare mongering.

There is no shortage of funding in Thailand to address the COVID vaccination program effectively and efficiently with the financial due diligence it requires. 

It's just that the finances to self-fund it rationally is all in the hands of the greedy few while the average citizen here continue to suffer the incompetence and mismanagement of the ongoing vaccine program (circus) .

What is CC?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, henry213 said:

My Thai wife got this jab free yesterday here in Florida we just got here on monday and we are just visitors both Brit passports, Thailand a disgusting country treats everyone like sh_t,  If you got half a brain don't live there!

Why is it that so many who have such a negative view of Thailand seem to have managed to exit the country with a Thai wife or girlfriend in tow?

I laugh because for weeks Bangkok Hospital Pattaya was saying they weren't registering people and would announce if they were going to. 

Then a couple days ago the announcement changed to:
bhp1.png.eb857e3f442f57363c4d39d44a5d9d1e.png

Which is odd as my understanding was that they were supposed to be registering people so they could determine how many doses they'd need to order.

It's almost like they "closed" the registration before they even opened it.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Neeranam said:

no they can't, 1700 baht is the maximum they could charge per jab

Unless the government does yet another U turn.

They are famous (or infamous) for doing that.

5 hours ago, Neeranam said:

Deleted post

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, jerrymahoney said:

Why is it that so many who have such a negative view of Thailand seem to have managed to exit the country with a Thai wife or girlfriend in tow?

They call it a visa Lol, To have a negative view is ok yeah? Why should i have a positive view of a place thats a mess? come tell me something really good about Thailand? Better still tell me many things, And having a wife from Thailand means you must love Thailand? The country is run by assh_les, people treated like sh_t, foreigners treated the worst, but a Thai goes anywhere in the world more so the west and gets treated very well as all people should, Just look at the daily news here everyday is it good? i've lived there i know.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

It's not from the government, but a private entity. 

Who have to follow the government rules, like it or not.

The private hospitals HAVE to order through the GPO who will be the organisation to supply the vaccine. If they decide to make more of a profit they will.

The private hospitals will simply charge more and the customer either pays more or doesn't get the vaccine.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, jerrymahoney said:

It is a good supplier of wives for export.

BTW I was a long-time resident of Florida before moving to Thailand.

That's it? waste of time writing.

• Sad 1

8 hours ago, Thomas J said:

The grocer said well why don't you buy it there.  He replied, well they don't have any.

My brother did this with liquor stores. Why's your booze more than some other guy across town? Here, he said, I'll even give you their number to call. The shopkeeper's response was the same. I had no idea what the point of it was, yet he seemed so proud of it. I told my brother, maybe it's a sign you should stop drinking.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Charlie Cabana said:

When the Thai people learn about all the adverse reactions and deaths resulting from this vaccine, they will have to throw them. Try blood clots/myocarditis; especially in young people. And Antibody Dependency Enhancement.

I think you mean when they over react to the hysteria and fear mongering. Tiny numbers have been affected by blood clots and heart problems from vaccines, millions have died without having one

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, jerrymahoney said:

That's my plan as well. Been married here a few years, plan on staying a few more, then eventually taking her back to the States, so we can stay with mom. The alternative was to stay and perhaps endure another miserable decade of the miserable dating scene, the ones my friends are still in, even with their decent attitudes, better looks, and better careers than I.

• Like 2

I woder if I'll get a refund for the  difference from the 3,800 baht we paid two weeks ago.

I was prepared to pay much more. So not to worried and glad I got in line as there sold out of pre orders.

I definitely don't want the Chinese garbage and even the Astra Zeneca made in Thailand.  I don't trust a COVID-19 vaccine made here.  They take to many shortcuts in everything they make here.  I probably couldn't get one anyway if I wanted with all the delays.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jerrymahoney said:

BTW I was a long-time resident of Florida before moving to Thailand.

So it's maybe another 30-odd years before the condos start collapsing here?