1,300 tourists arrive during first 3 days of Phuket Sandbox - 12,000 arrivals expected in July

Jonathan Fairfield

13 minutes ago, smedly said:

2 blokes in a jacuzzi - same photo as yesterday only different lol

it's a refraction in the water makes it look weird

I thought of that but it does not explain it. If it was refraction due to a single lens camera than their heads would be juxurapositioned. They are not as one appears to have been transposed to the left and the other to the right.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Excel said:

I thought of that but it does not explain it. If it was refraction due to a single lens camera than their heads would be juxurapositioned. They are not as one appears to have been transposed to the left and the other to the right.

the photo from yesterday shows it a bit clearer - you can also just make out the lipstick from that one too

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

Hopefully day bye day it will get better

It will for the first 14 days, and then we'll see if new arrivals outnumber those departing either internationally or to other provinces in future weeks.

• Like 2

Just seen Anthony Lark of the Phuket Hotels Association on BBC News. His first words were that it's a simple process! I wonder what thos posting on social media about the hassle involved in getting th COE would think of this.

Otherwise he was quite realistic, not expecting anything above a 50% occupancy level at hotels next season. That would refer of course to his four and five star hotels. The future for small hotel and guesthouse owners is still uncertain and quite worrying.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

You can count the UK off the list, Thailand has just placed it on the red list of countries not eligible for the sandbox.

Source please. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, stevenl said:

Source please. 

Head to this thread and read through to the end you'll find source, 

additionally you can visit the official source here https://ddc.moph.go.th/uploads/ckeditor2//files/จัดกลุ่มประเทศตามความเสี่ยง กรมควบคุมโรค .pdf

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Head to this thread and read through to the end you'll find source, 

additionally you can visit the official source here https://ddc.moph.go.th/uploads/ckeditor2//files/จัดกลุ่มประเทศตามความเสี่ยง กรมควบคุมโรค .pdf

That .pdf shows the UK as still being on the yellow/amber list.   Any other links?

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Did you read through the thread?

The source is also there, and the pdf from original source clearly now has the UK on it, in the highest risk category:

https://ddc.moph.go.th/uploads/ckeditor2//files/จัดกลุ่มประเทศตามความเสี่ยง กรมควบคุมโรค .pdf

So here's your links................any others you want please use google yourself, thanks and good day

uk red list.png

Not sure what the actual lists are for, however, I notice in the same column France, Portugal and Spain.   From what I'm reading on their spreadsheet, the colour category is regarding infection rates, from low to high to highest.

10 minutes ago, pagallim said:

Not sure what the actual lists are for, however, I notice in the same column France, Portugal and Spain.   From what I'm reading on their spreadsheet, the colour category is regarding infection rates, from low to high to highest.

Again, did you read the thread all the way through for explanation? Once you've done that then you know as much as I do.

https://aseannow.com/topic/1222546-uk-on-red-list/

11 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Again, did you read the thread all the way through for explanation? Once you've done that then you know as much as I do.

https://aseannow.com/topic/1222546-uk-on-red-list/

OK, I have now, hadn't seen a link to the thread before.   We know there is ambiguity there, with a direct flight from Paris arriving on the 2nd, and from the UK on the 3rd (both red list definition from the 1st).   Both the UK and Thai press having nothing on it at all.   Let's see what happens over this next week.

5 hours ago, Excel said:

Is it me or does something appear not right with that picture as their heads do not appear to be over the bodies, almost like a poor photoshopped example ?

Are you looking through the bottom of a glass?????????????

• Haha 1